PDA

View Full Version : I am SO bored!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I have plenty of work to do, but I'm just so bored with my job that I'm really finding it hard to come up with the motivation to do any of it. :o :rolleyes:

I have SO much to do at home, and I'd much rather be doing that than this, so does anybody have any ideas on how to motivate myself?

luvofallhorses
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
strike up a conversation with someone without getting fired. :p sorry I am no help! :rolleyes: go to a game site or something. :p

Lizzie
05-16-2006, 02:02 PM
I suffer from the same problem, which is the reason I'm on PT at work at present - but I'm on a break! I just had a two week vacation at home during which I worked in my garden and home most of the time, but I loved it and would really prefer it to where I am now.

That said, when I get desperate about pushing myself on work, I set a deadline that I cannot avoid without public humiliation. So, not a personal deadline, but things like emailing someone that I'll have something done by a certain day and time, or telling other members of a committee that I'm bringing a new proposal to the next meeting, or telling my boss that I'll have a full draft of something we are working on together to her the next day - that's the worst kind of firecracker I could put under my bloomers!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far, but I guess I should explain that I'm the only person in the office. My boss is usually out of the office and that's it, only me. Me and my computer......and a bunch of irritating people who need electrical work done bothering me by calling. ;) Actually, when my boss is here, I work because....well...because the boss is here. But as soon as he's gone....and no, I'm not going to suggest to him that he stay in the office more. ;)

Randi
05-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh Debbie, I know what you mean, I had a job like that once. I knitted a sweater. ;)

Have a go at this to keep you entertained: http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

Cinder & Smoke
05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
and a bunch of irritating people who need electrical work done,
bothering me by calling. ;)

:p

I'll bet da Boss calls those folks his Customers! :rolleyes:

What's the Poor Boss going to do when you split the joint to go MotorHoming?
Does he "know" about that plan??

;)

Cinder & Smoke
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Have a go at this to keep you entertained: http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

:eek:

Stupid Chopper doesn't *fly* very well!

:D

beeniesmom
05-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far, but I guess I should explain that I'm the only person in the office. My boss is usually out of the office and that's it, only me. Me and my computer......and a bunch of irritating people who need electrical work done bothering me by calling. ;) Actually, when my boss is here, I work because....well...because the boss is here. But as soon as he's gone....and no, I'm not going to suggest to him that he stay in the office more. ;)

Wow, I am in the exact same position as you. Thank God I have the dogs for company or else I'd go CooCoo!

Cataholic
05-16-2006, 02:50 PM
You can answer a motor home'ish question for me. In my immediate area, there are TWO motor home associations, which I find to be a bit amazing. Do you and Terry belong to one? If so, what goes on at one? I will have to remember to get the exact name of them, but, it is an association of sorts..with a building, and a huge lot- where many people park their 'homes.

What gives, Debbie?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
What gives, Debbie?
You mean.....an RV park? A lot of people full-time in their motorhomes which means they live in them ALL the time - 24/7/365. A lot of them belong to campground "Associations" which means there are parks all over the country that belong to this association. The people buy a membership which allows them to stay at any park in the association across the country. This way, for those who full-time, they are assured of similar facilities. So as for your area, some people might stay in Florida for winter, then head back up to Ohio for the summer, spending most or all summer in the same park.

People who don't full-time might also belong to these associations. They park their "camper" (might not be a motorhome but might be a 5th wheel or similar) in one spot all summer - kind of like a summer home. They visit on weekends during the summer, or may have entire weeks off at a time when they spend the entire week there. Then come winter, they put their "camper" in storage until the next summer. Most of these associations offer storage space for such customers.

Personally, Terry and I don't like them because they are too expensive to join and we don't want to be locked in to staying at any one place. For us, the whole point of owning a motorhome is so we can go where we please when we please. We don't want to be locked into anywhere. Maybe someday, but not yet.

Anyway, I hope that's what you were talking about. We have one of these associations down near Joliet and Terry and I stopped in once. We weren't at all impressed with either the facilities or the customer service, but evidently some people are because they're always busy! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM

I'll bet da Boss calls those folks his Customers! :rolleyes:

What's the Poor Boss going to do when you split the joint to go MotorHoming?
Does he "know" about that plan??

;)

Shhhhhh.......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh Debbie, I know what you mean, I had a job like that once. I knitted a sweater. ;)

All I can say is boy, am I glad I'm not actually riding in this chopper! :D

lvpets2002
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
:) Boy howdy can I relate.. I hear you girl & I just told my boss this morning that I need more challenges with my job due to being bored.. I know when you start getting bored get on Pet Talk.. :D Well now that was helpfull :p ..

Cataholic
05-16-2006, 03:10 PM
You mean.....an RV park?

No, I don't think that is what it is. I guess it could be, but, I got the idea it was more of a club....like you would join. But, I can't know for certain. I just can't imagine anyone 'living' on a parking lot right off of this road. I will pay attention to it tonight, and report in tomorrow!!!

slick
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Bored???? :eek:
Well, then get your skinny little arse up here and help me handle all my Help Desk calls coming in. I've got no time to pee and could use a bit of break. :rolleyes: :D

Cataholic
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Ah....I found it! The Family Motor Coach Association!!! Apparently, Cincinnati is its headquarters...he he he.

http://www.fmca.com/about/history.asp

Do you belong?

lv4dogs
05-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow, I am in the exact same position as you. Thank God I have the dogs for company or else I'd go CooCoo!

I am the same as you & Debby! Working alone, in a terrbile boring office. Without my dogs I would go absolutely nuts!

Edwina's Secretary
05-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh Debbie....how I feel your pain. I have three projects that must be finished this week. And I can NOT get motivated. I tried taking my laptop outside....the sunshine makes it too hard to see the screen.

I just called a candidate for an executive job. The phone was answered by a machine...."Hello, you have reached the Organized Queen. I am not in my kingdom right now.....etc..etc..." His wife's business? I don't know but I wasn't leaving a message!

I am self-employed so when I don't work....I don't get paid.

must get motivated....must get motivated.... :p :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Ah....I found it! The Family Motor Coach Association!!! Apparently, Cincinnati is its headquarters...he he he.

http://www.fmca.com/about/history.asp

Do you belong?
Ahhh....FMCA....yep, we're members. :D I didn't know their headquarters were in Cinncy. As a matter of fact, P & CJ were in the Pet Spotlight (http://www.fmca.com/motorhomingguide/research/pets/spotlight/2005/1205_hanson.asp) last December. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Bored???? :eek:
Well, then get your skinny little arse up here and help me handle all my Help Desk calls coming in. I've got no time to pee and could use a bit of break. :rolleyes: :D
I'm on my way! Potty break for Slick, coming up! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I tried taking my laptop outside....the sunshine makes it too hard to see the screen.
:D Oh to have such problems. :D

Payroll usually takes me about an hour. It has now taken me ALL day! Guess I better go finish it so I can get paid. The good thing about working for someone else - even if I don't work I still get paid.

Gee, I would really be dead meat if my boss ever saw this. :eek: :o :p

AbbyMom
05-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry I'm too late to help you today. But tomorrow, the first instant you feel bored, I want you to click the link below and follow the instructions. :D

http://www.brookviewcottage.com/miles/cards/noah/noah.html

Barbara
05-17-2006, 01:12 PM
I think from time to time you can indulge in not being motivated- nobody is on top of everything every day.
If you are like me then after having had a PT + sudoku day plus a very bad conscience you'll do overtime to finish a job in time :D

Randi
05-17-2006, 01:34 PM
:eek:

Stupid Chopper doesn't *fly* very well!

Phred!! You've got to focus .. and relax!! After ten go's it'll fly wherever you want! :D

Slick, I'd be happy to come and help out - I'd tell them a lot of bollucks - and if I could, then I'd tape what they'd do. :D You could fire most of them and have less work. ;)

Debbie, do your own payroll and get the H"// out of there! Your boss will never know ... oh, if only that was true! ;) You need a different setting! I think what you need is a good ride in your Corvette!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2006, 02:49 PM
You need a different setting!
What I need is a vacation! I nice looooooonnng vacation.......<sigh>