PDA

View Full Version : Our new 6 kittens/ 1cat

catfamily
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Here are the 4 from Boston Jan rescued(2 were stolen from nearby way too early from the mom)I need names.2 boys 2 girls.The brown is a boy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/5-16-06the4kittensfromeastbostoncon.jpg
And the 2 from the rooftop Jan rescued.Rufus(black boy)Skye(black and white girl)Jan found 1 decapitated on the ground and another may have been swept off the roof by a hawk.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/5-16-06skyandrufus.jpg
And 1 sweet girl jan rescued.Skin and bones covered in oil.Jasmine is her name.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/5-16-06jasmine1.jpg

moosmom
05-16-2006, 01:19 PM
OMG!! Cuteness overload!! Great job, Jan! I KNOW they'll get great homes.

shais_mom
05-16-2006, 01:23 PM
what cuties

catfamily
05-16-2006, 01:39 PM
OMG!! Cuteness overload!! Great job, Jan! I KNOW they'll get great homes.
This IS their home.Unless it doesn't work out :) ;) Otherwise they'd still be at Jan's :rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Poor little Jasmine! She looks so much like Peanut! I agree on the cuteness overload on the babies. Have you got a GUS in the family? For some reason when you mentioned the tabby in the pile was a boy, I looked at the picture and said "Hi Gus." NO idea where that come from :confused: but sounds like a good name to me! :D

Way to go on all the rescues, Jan! And thanks Carla, for helping Jan out and taking so many in when you already have such a full house. :)

Miss Z
05-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Jasmine is totally beautiful and I love her name! The others are gorgeous too:D

catfamily
05-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Poor little Jasmine! She looks so much like Peanut! I agree on the cuteness overload on the babies. Have you got a GUS in the family? For some reason when you mentioned the tabby in the pile was a boy, I looked at the picture and said "Hi Gus." NO idea where that come from :confused: but sounds like a good name to me! :D

Way to go on all the rescues, Jan! And thanks Carla, for helping Jan out and taking so many in when you already have such a full house. :)
Gus it is for the brown tabby.Thank You :D

Laura's Babies
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
OH MY Carla! All those babies and they are ALL just so CUTE!!!! Gosh, you are SO lucky that you can take on that many more and it is going to be a blast having all those kittens in the house.. Those 4 are from the same litter and they are going to get to spend their LIFE together??? THAT is SOOOOOO special! Lets hope it works out for them all!!!!

Jasmine is quite the little princess, can't wait until she is all settled in and we get some more great shots of her in all her beauty... Shucks, ALL of them too!

catfamily
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I had Sara and sam for 2 of the whites.Well...thinking about it.
So....Gus,Sara,Sam and........1 more white girls name.
Gus is definite for the brown tabby kitten.Me and Mike love it.Thanks again Tubby and Peanuts mom :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 02:03 PM
So....Gus,Sara,Sam and........1 more white girls name.
You're most welcome! :D Usually I am NO good at naming critters, so this one took me by surprise.

Now....since you have Sara and Sam....how about Gretta and Gus? Ok, so Gretta isn't the greatest of names, but how about another "G" name?

RedHedd
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
OMG! Jasmine is just TOO CUTE! Heck, they're all cute, but Jasmine looks like she will clean up real good and be a real beauty, I see she also has a clubber tail ;)

Lizzie
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Giselle?

orangemm
05-16-2006, 02:11 PM
What adorable babies! Oh, my, who wouldn't LOVE to have all those kittens!!

How about Gracie for the "G" girl?

I'd love to see them all playing together! :D

Edited to say I think Jasmine is/will be a real beauty.

catfamily
05-16-2006, 02:14 PM
You're most welcome! :D Usually I am NO good at naming critters, so this one took me by surprise.

Now....since you have Sara and Sam....how about Gretta and Gus? Ok, so Gretta isn't the greatest of names, but how about another "G" name?
We LOVE Gretta.
So we are ALL set.Thank You so VERY much.
Gus and Gretta and Sam and Sara.That's GREAT :D

catfamily
05-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the other 2 names giselle and Gracie but we like Gretta the best Thanks everyone.We really appreciate it.Now the hard part.Getting them all to the vet...tested and seeing if they will fit in with no fights. :rolleyes:
I know Jasmine will be fine.She's super sweet.And 2 white kittens are friendley.I think Skye and Rufus will come around.We just need to work extra hard with them 2 and Gus and Gretta.. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM
We LOVE Gretta.
So we are ALL set.Thank You so VERY much.
Gus and Gretta and Sam and Sara.That's GREAT :D
Boy, I'm on a roll today! Anyone else need names for kittens? ;) :D

orangemm - I thought of Gracie too, but I know catlover4ever has Gracie that was one of Jan's rescues. So even though that Gracie is in a different family, I wanted to come up with a different "G" name so Jan can keep track of her rescues. ;)

orangemm
05-16-2006, 03:09 PM
It was the first thing that popped in my head. Gus and Gretta sound good together!

catfamily
05-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Boy, I'm on a roll today! Anyone else need names for kittens? ;) :D

orangemm - I thought of Gracie too, but I know catlover4ever has Gracie that was one of Jan's rescues. So even though that Gracie is in a different family, I wanted to come up with a different "G" name so Jan can keep track of her rescues. ;)
Well since your on a roll....Would you like to KEEP Gretta and Gus?I'll pay the flight down."Kidding you" :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Well since your on a roll....Would you like to KEEP Gretta and Gus?I'll pay the flight down."Kidding you" :D :D
I wish! :(

jenluckenbach
05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS times seven! :D :D

But I don't think you are allowed to keep all those gorgeous white babies. I think you need to spread the wealth around a little. Like, well let's say for example, in PA!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I'd have gotten her before all the kids were named. one of my most favorite little fosters (who I actually fostered TWICE!) was a white with grey spot on the head female named Squirrel.........one of my best names, I always thought. ;)

catfamily
05-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I wish! :(
Geez.Well let see how it goes here and we can be in touch.(I think they will ALL work out though.We are both home all the time and we enjoy caring for cats)They are all beautiful.We had sara and sam first.Then we felt bad and went back to Massachusetts for the other 2.They are pairing up a lot.Gus and Gretta.And Sam and Sara.Because of the 2 days apart from each other.But basically they all 4 sleep together.They are so beautful.The brown Tabby has som VERY white in him that makes him look so much like a perfect picture.Too perfect.
And then there's Skye and Rufus(upstairs).I've been taking naps on both bathroom floors for both sets of kittens to get use to us.
I love them all.
Jasmine has an appointment tomorrow to be tested.She hates being alone out in the mudroom.I can't wait for her to be a part of the house.It will take longer for the 2 sets of kittens.
I hope everyone works out.We'll give it our all,now that all my operations are over and I feel better :)

catmandu
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
That poor Cat would be best named maybe Kismet, as it was her fate to end up with you.
The Kittens.
Nugget wouldnt mind another Protege, and Scratchy would like one too.
As would Roadblock and Charcoal.
God Bless You for giving a home to the Homeless.
And Lester, and Suzie Q, my Boyhood Cats love those Kittens too.
Sinbad,and George are also hoping they are considered.

QueenScoopalot
05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
They look pretty well settled already Carla! They went from this..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/DSC00325_00.jpg
to this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/5-16-06the4kittensfromeastbostoncon.jpg
after they were pulled from that underground dungeon and having meds for a week. Happy looking pile of cuteness! :D
And Rufus & Skye went from this...my all time worst rescue nightmare... :rolleyes:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=101528
to become the newest Maine-iacs lol! :D Thank you both for thinning out the herd a bit.

jazzcat
05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Congratulations Carla and Mike!!! Your family has grown by adorable leaps and bounds this week! WOW!

I love the new names for them too. Gus and Gretta - so sweet!!!

rg_girlca
05-20-2006, 03:18 PM
OMG!!!!! You have taken in those adorable widdle white kitties that Jan had rescued. Oh Carla & Mike, you guys are the absolute *BEST*.
Then you take on two more widdle ones along with Jasmine.

ANGELS, YOU GUYS ARE TRULY A-N-G-E-L-S.!!!!!!!

I wish you all the best on the introductions. I pray that it goes as well as what mine have in the past. Mind you, I only had 1 to introduce, not 7. :eek:

My goodness, I still can't get over it. I am in shock.

Bless you both. :D

catfamily
05-23-2006, 09:53 AM
OMG!!!!! You have taken in those adorable widdle white kitties that Jan had rescued. Oh Carla & Mike, you guys are the absolute *BEST*.
Then you take on two more widdle ones along with Jasmine.

ANGELS, YOU GUYS ARE TRULY A-N-G-E-L-S.!!!!!!!

I wish you all the best on the introductions. I pray that it goes as well as what mine have in the past. Mind you, I only had 1 to introduce, not 7. :eek:

My goodness, I still can't get over it. I am in shock.

Bless you both. :D
YOUR in shock?What about me being in shock! LOL

QueenScoopalot
05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
YOUR in shock?What about me being in shock! LOL
I'm in the most ~S~H~O~C~K~!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: But in a good way! How are all the new family members doing Carla? Is Jasmine eating better now? Ask them if they want the sweetest toy fox terrier to join them lol??? She doesn't even notice the cats here. ;)

catfamily
05-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm in the most ~S~H~O~C~K~!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: But in a good way! How are all the new family members doing Carla? Is Jasmine eating better now? Ask them if they want the sweetest toy fox terrier to join them lol??? She doesn't even notice the cats here. ;)
Forget it Jan.NO way.Dogs need more attention.Need walks 3 times day.
Gus the brown tabby is very ferral and skye the black and white is ferrall.Gretta the white girl I think she'll come around.Skye may came around.Gus the brown Tabby is Definitly the worst.So scared and claws you to death.We'll have lots of work to do with him.I hope he works out.We'll work with him daily.The kittens are staying in the 2 bathrooms.The litters of 2 upstairs.The 4 downstairs.
Rufus...The black we thought was ferral has come around and demands belly rubs :D :rolleyes:
Oh...we found Jasmines weekness...tuna fish.The light tuna I was told by a nutritionist was good for humans and cats.The solid white and all white tuna is very bad for humans and cats,anyone.Too much metals.Can kill you if eating white tuna too much.So she'll get light tuna untill she fattens up and then we'll let her out of the mudroom and she'll have to eat the good quality catfood whether she likes it or not.

catlover4ever
05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Congratulations on your expansion to your wonderful family. I love all their names. :) :) Looks like you are going to have to update your signature with some new photos. ;)

moosmom
05-23-2006, 10:30 AM
*hangs head in shame* I'm sorry Carla. I didn't realize they already had a fantastic home! They are precious!!

catfamily
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
*hangs head in shame* I'm sorry Carla. I didn't realize they already had a fantastic home! They are precious!!
No need to apologize.You just didn't know.I'm such a sucker for cats their going to send me to the nuthouse soon.I need to work on 2 or 3 ferrall kittens.I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't work out.My house cats need to be NOT in fear of the new ones. :rolleyes:

catfamily
05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Congratulations on your expansion to your wonderful family. I love all their names. :) :) Looks like you are going to have to update your signature with some new photos. ;)
Thanks.The siggy will have to wait till they get older.I may use NO siggy because I have too many. :rolleyes:

lute
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
por kitties! i'm glad they're safe now! they are REALLY cute!!

moosmom
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you familiar on how to socialize the kittens??? Don't want to offend you, just curious in case you needed help. I LOVE socializing kittens. It's very rewarding.

catfamily
05-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Are you familiar on how to socialize the kittens??? Don't want to offend you, just curious in case you needed help. I LOVE socializing kittens. It's very rewarding.
I never get offended.I'm not an expert and will take ANY help.Thank You.
PM me later or later this week when you have time to tell me more.I'm always one to learn more from others.I Love any kind of help. :)

Lizzie
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I never get offended.I'm not an expert and will take ANY help.Thank You.
PM me later or later this week when you have time to tell me more.I'm always one to learn more from others.I Love any kind of help. :)

Can we have a new thread on this instead of PM's? It will be very helpful to exchange ideas and experiences. I'm sure there will be others on PT who find themselves with feral kittens this year.

Carla - you could try a bathbrush on Gus. I've used this on adult ferals because it keeps their claws off you and teaches them to enjoy being touched by something "foreign". They soon associate the pleasure of the brush over their back with you and will accept your hand. Of course, with kittens you are going to have to use the brush very lightly so you don't accidentally clobber him. :D

I know you are keeping Jasmine, and she's going to look fabulous when she's plumper and her coat is glossy, but are you really going to keep all 6 kittens? Won't that put you up to about the same number as Kim?

catfamily
05-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Can we have a new thread on this instead of PM's? It will be very helpful to exchange ideas and experiences. I'm sure there will be others on PT who find themselves with feral kittens this year.

Carla - you could try a bathbrush on Gus. I've used this on adult ferals because it keeps their claws off you and teaches them to enjoy being touched by something "foreign". They soon associate the pleasure of the brush over their back with you and will accept your hand. Of course, with kittens you are going to have to use the brush very lightly so you don't accidentally clobber him. :D

I know you are keeping Jasmine, and she's going to look fabulous when she's plumper and her coat is glossy, but are you really going to keep all 6 kittens? Won't that put you up to about the same number as Kim?
That's up to Donna Moosmom.I'm sure she won't mind starting a new thread for helping people introducing ferrals with regular cats.I told her to write when she has more time. :)
Thanks for the info with the brush :)
I know.It will be hard to keep the kittens.Jasmine will be fine.But I'll give it my best shot.For Jan's sake too.She has too many,and to many to rescue. :(

lv4dogs
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
They are just way too cute!!!!

moosmom
05-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Socializing Kittens 101:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=105455