PDA

View Full Version : For-bid

ashleycat
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Where's the best place to get it? online or at store? I looked at petco, they don't seem to have it.

Also, don't get this http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=769&PC=productlist&Nav=302&N=22%20127&cp=5&Nao=48&sku=630217&familyID=100128&
It doesn't work.

shihtzulover850
05-16-2006, 11:45 AM
What does it do?

ashleycat
05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
it makes his poop taste nasty so he will stop eating it.

but what I listed in the link are tablets to just make it not smell. but it doesnt work.

shihtzulover850
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Is that what for bid does to?

ashleycat
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
forbit makes it TASTE bad, the tablets just mask the oder. But imo, it doesn't lol.

shihtzulover850
05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh okay. :D

dappledoxie
05-16-2006, 11:59 AM
I need to try something like this for Tucker, hehehe, by the time I run to grab the pooper scoop he's already over there going for it! Eeek!

Muddy4paws
05-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I've heard that Pineapple chunks do the same, Never tried it though so I'll wait and see what everyone else says before you do

lv4dogs
05-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I just read that link, it is supposed to make them smell less but it is also supposed to make it taste bad to prevent them from eating it.

Just because it doesn't work for your dog doesn't mean it won't for others. You have to take a few things into consideration, with this and all similar products.

Some dogs actually like the taste of it even with those products in it. Each dog is different.

You have to make sure your dog eats the stool again, otherwise how will he know that it now tastes bad. You also have to make sure that the feces do in fact contain those forbid. If he ate the poop too soon, the product may not have been digested and eliminated yet.

Make sure you clean up after your dog & he's getting enough nutrients. If the area is very messy he may be doing it because he's kind of keeping it clean on his own. Or if he's not getting enough to eat or the like he may be eating it for that reason as well.
Personally I think it would be easier to just clean up after him, each time he goes. It will save your pocket book some money, it will keep your yard cleaner, you won't ever have to worry if he starts to eat it again as there is none for him to eat and your not putting all those extra chemicals into your dogs body making him healthier probably. Besides by the sounds of some of the problems you are having with him these extra few minutes together each day will help you bond more & you can use them as part of your training too.

ashleycat
05-16-2006, 02:24 PM
I have been picking up as much as I can. And saying uh uh when he goes for it. I've also been taking him on his leash to go. But sometimes when we're out playing in the back he happens to go off leash. I also have a playpen, that if it's too dark and I can't see to pick it up till next day, I will just stretch out the play pen so next day if we go out to play he can't get to it till I pick it up.

I'm also thinking of investing in a doggy dooley. Or homemade one. Doggy septic!