PDA

View Full Version : Lucy the Dane needs a home

zoomer
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
This is Lucy. My aunt Cheryl got her from a Great Dane rescue in Idaho. She is a puppy but they are not sure how old she is because she is a rescue. She is a mantle, pretty much all black but with a white chest. She needs plenty of excersize and will not do well in a yard that is not fenced. She does good with cats and dogs she knows, but may bite small kids. She will be needing a home soon. One of their friends is moving and may take Lucy but they are not sure. Here are some pictures of her. She is located in Washington. Thanks and here of some pictures.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/sunlakes036.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/sunlakes037.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/sunlakes042.jpg

shihtzulover850
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
she is beautiful I hope you find a home for her :)

luvofallhorses
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
why are they rehoming her? :( She's a beautiful girl.

but may bite small kids

how do they know that? has she ever been around kids?

nevermind, I read y our picture thread. That is too bad. :( I hope they find a loving and permanent home for her. :(

Vela
05-16-2006, 11:40 AM
If they got her from a rescue why are they rehoming her? Also many rescues stipulate that they dog must be returned to them if it needs to be rehomed. So they really ought to check with the rescue first.

luvofallhorses
05-16-2006, 12:36 PM
If they got her from a rescue why are they rehoming her? Also many rescues stipulate that they dog must be returned to them if it needs to be rehomed. So they really ought to check with the rescue first.

I agree. poor girl. :(

pitc9
05-16-2006, 01:25 PM
The first thing they should do is call the rescue that she came from!!

cocker_luva
05-16-2006, 01:55 PM
id take her, shes just what im lookin for. but idaho is a ways away from chicago.

lute
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
oh my gosh! what a sweetie! i'd take her in a heartbeat, but Washington is a bit far. if they adopted her from a rescue they probably signed a contract sayin that if they can no longer care for her they must return her. the best thing to do is RETURN her to the rescue!

she is very adoptable. she's young and cute. the only thing against her is not being good with kids. even then a lot of dane rescues won't adopt out to a home with kids because they are so big.

zoomer
05-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the wishes for Lucy everyone.

id take her, shes just what im lookin for. but idaho is a ways away from chicago.

She isn't in Idaho. She is in Washington.

Because Cheryl is at school most of the day. I guess they don't have time for her... :rolleyes: I was wondering why they even GOT her! :mad:

how do they know that? has she ever been around kids?

She bit the child in the family and at Sun Lakes she bit my brother.

I agree. poor girl. :(

I know... :(

animal_rescue
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Make sure to tell them that they need to contact the rescue about the dog. What rescue did she come from?

lute
05-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Make sure to tell them that they need to contact the rescue about the dog. What rescue did she come from?
yes, you need to tell them to try and return her to the rescue they got her from! that is her best bet of finding a good home. who knows where she'll end up if they place her themselves.

lute
05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
what's the news on this girl? did you tell them to return her to the rescue?

animal_rescue
05-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I would like to hear an update as well :)

zoomer
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't know much news all I know is that they will most likely be getting rid of her very soon and I know they have not changed their minds yet we do not talk much so that is pretty much all.

lute
05-25-2006, 08:46 PM
PLEASE try to find out what they are doing! tell them they need to return her! i heard people are "adopting" danes and using them as bait dogs because they are such wimps

zoomer
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
I'll tell everyone what I just told animal_rescue: I just posted an update at the thread but I will tell you now, too that there is not much of an update. I do not relate to them very much they are not really.... nice to us. Very...errrr. bossy and we do not see them much just sometimes when we go camping. We aren't really related so it's not like they call or anything, you see, my uncle got married to my aunt and I am not blood related to my aunt and she has Lucy. I barely ever see or hear from her.

PLEASE try to find out what they are doing! tell them they need to return her! i heard people are "adopting" danes and using them as bait dogs because they are such wimps

I will as soon as I see them, it would be really stupid to call them because they barely even know us. I will surely tell them they should return her. Last I heard they were going to give her to a friend.

They are using them as bait dogs!? :mad: That is horrible. Don't people know pit fighting is banned? Or is it not banned in your state...? Where did you hear this?

sammy101
05-25-2006, 08:51 PM
They are using them as bait dogs!? :mad: That is horrible. Don't people know pit fighting is banned? Or is it not banned in your state...? Where did you hear this?

people know its banned but they still do it sadly :( .I believe its banned everywhere in the U.S.

zoomer
05-25-2006, 08:53 PM
people know its banned but they still do it sadly :( .I believe its banned everywhere in the U.S.

Stupid people... what's happened to the world these days!? :mad:

lute
05-25-2006, 09:08 PM
i heard it at the humane society the other day. :( pit bull fighting is still very commin around drug dealers.

zoomer
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
i heard it at the humane society the other day. :( pit bull fighting is still very commin around drug dealers.

..... :(