PDA

View Full Version : Is my dog the only one who SCREAMS??

staceyb_1986
05-06-2002, 08:51 PM
She really does! She screams at the top of her little doggie lungs! She used to ge alot louder but as she gets old she tends to run out of energy..thank goodness!

Logan
05-08-2002, 08:05 AM
Screams??? I have never heard of that! Mine know how to BARK, really loud, but scream? Nope! Does she do it when she's happy?? :confused:

staceyb_1986
05-08-2002, 06:24 PM
nope its definatly screaming....its like shes trying to howl except her voice gets etremely high and hard to tolerate....its usually when people come to the door or if she hears a doorbell (even on TV) Confusing huh?:rolleyes:

Ann
05-09-2002, 05:14 AM
LOL, that sounds odd! I've never known a dog that does that either. You should try to record it one time and post it here.

Welcome to Pet Talk in any case :)

Sam's My Baby
05-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Is your dog a beagle? My brother's wife's doggie is a beagle and whenever she is excited she makes a weird squeaky/whining noise!:p

anna_66
05-17-2002, 02:28 PM
Roxey never screams, but she does howl and make some pretty funny noises when she' playing with other dogs! I don't think I've ever heard a dog scream, unless they were in pain.

manda99
05-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Smokey doesn't scream - but he makes little Chewbacca noises when he's happy to see you.

And when he starts going down the stairs for some reason...

staceyb_1986
05-17-2002, 06:26 PM
you got it! its a cheewbacca kind of noise! shes definatly not in pain but its just around strangers..i guess its her way off saying "hey whats up??":D

staceyb_1986
05-17-2002, 06:27 PM
shes a cocker spaniel... www.geocities.com/staceyb_1986/chrisespage

fakeClonedMonkey
05-31-2002, 05:44 PM
well err umm my dog doesn't "scream" but makes funky *bear noises when yawn and plays around and like tries to growl or whatever, its cute hehe anyways yeah

mel55smiles
05-31-2002, 08:13 PM
hi!! THE SHELTER I VOLUNTEER AT HAD A DOG LIKE THAT!! THEY GOT HIM DEBARKED WHEN IT GOT TOO BAD. IT DIDN'T FULLY DEBARK HIM AND NOW HE SOUNDS LIKE A GOAT! BAAAAAAA!

staceyb_1986
06-01-2002, 09:19 PM
well thatnks for the help guys! i think she gets better as she gets older...its just because she gets nervous....newayz...i got to get better..(tonsillitis is BAD!) I love my doggie so much..she always comforts me when im sick or when i feel like crying..we have this kewl bond thing going on!

dixie100
12-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Our dog "Peanut" is a Pomeranian, Schipperke mix. He screams so loud at people and other dogs. My wife and I have been unsuccessful in trying to control him. We can not take him anywhere without embarrassing ourselves, and offending other people, and pet owners. Please help us also. :confused:

Husky15
12-31-2006, 07:41 PM
I heard that Tollers have a scream, dunno where though, but I did hear it. I never heard of cocker spaniels screaming. But no, Belle doesn't scream. Sometimes she barks so much that it becomes a high-pitched sound, but that's only because she barked herself out. :p

Glacier
01-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Anvik screams. We call it his death scream. Sounds like he's being killed. He does it when he's alone, when he can't see me, when he's stressed. He is equally loud when he's happy, but it's a different sound, more like a very loud seal!

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
This thread is very old but yes, I have a screamer. Tango has the traditional, ear piercing, absoltuely awful to listen to Toller scream. Before I had her, I would've said that Jesse (my RB Dachsie) was a screamer too but she wasn't (she just had a horribly high pitched barky whine that sounded very close to a scream). Tango doesn't scream often though, fortunately.

Twisterdog
01-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Almost every schnauzer I groom or board has the "death scream" down to a science!

I used to board a chihuahua named Pancho. He SCREAMED like you would not believe. I seriously used to put a sign on the desk when we boarded him that said, "My name is Pancho. I'm ok. I'm not hurt. I'm not dying. I just like to scream." His owners thought it was a riot and took a picture of it.

cali
01-01-2007, 09:29 PM
I have a Toller and she most definatly screams lol I remember my mom telling me how she was taking her dogs to the dpg park(while I was at work) and she had my dogs crated..well she eneded up taking Lectra with her because..well in my moms words "she sounded she she was being hung from the ceiling by her toenail" lol my mom took her just to make her stop!

chocolatepuppy
01-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Layla does some awful whining that you could probably call screaming when she wants something Lacey has. :rolleyes: That's the only time she does it. ;)