PDA

View Full Version : Cats and potty issues.

Sevaede
05-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Ever since we moved here, to Louisiana, in November of last year, Soni has been pottying in random places all over the house. My husband is the one who happens to catch most of the time. Today, it was in a pile of freshly washed laundry. It was slightly runny (as hubby says it usually is. he also says it usually has blood in it but such was not the case this time.) This problem was only recently brought to my attention as I had never seen it or caught it before, as was the details concerning the blood and whatnot. He is going to call the vets tomorrow but I just wanted to know what you all think could be causing it and what we could do.

a tidbit, they very rarely get canned food and they won't eat any "people" food except cheese.

Laura's Babies
05-16-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't know unless maybe it is finding bugs that are hard to digets. I had one that I took to the vet because she had the runs and he found parts of a cricket in her stool and he said they are hard for a cat to digest.. Also, it could be stress since you are living with such a wonderful person with a "attitude" towards cats...? Cats get IBS too.

Sevaede
05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't know unless maybe it is finding bugs that are hard to digets. I had one that I took to the vet because she had the runs and he found parts of a cricket in her stool and he said they are hard for a cat to digest.. Also, it could be stress since you are living with such a wonderful person with a "attitude" towards cats...? Cats get IBS too.

Both of those could be the culprit. Soni does manage to get a hold of a few water bugs, mosquito eaters, and moths. Also, el jerkface could be stressing him out. Ty, Laura. :)

Laura's Babies
05-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I also forget to mention the change in the water he drinks too... If he is eating, seems to feel ok, and not loosing weight, I'd give him a little more time to adjust but if it continues, I would have him vet checked.

catmandu
05-17-2006, 09:30 AM
If theres blood, I would not take a chance and would get her to a Vets.

Sevaede
05-17-2006, 11:49 PM
I also forget to mention the change in the water he drinks too... If he is eating, seems to feel ok, and not loosing weight, I'd give him a little more time to adjust but if it continues, I would have him vet checked.

Check, check, and triple check. Troy is ultra worried that something is physically wrong with him. Myself, I think he might be poo'ing in inappropriate places because he has a beef with something(s)/someone(s) but am not excluding any possibilities so am worried. I am going to call and make a vet appt tomorrow.

Oh, about the weight thing... heh, Soni is actually getting heavier to me. I just thought it was hilarious that you mentioned that because I keep talking about how he's going to be a "chunky buns". :D

Sevaede
05-17-2006, 11:51 PM
If theres blood, I would not take a chance and would get her to a Vets.

Well, I only noticed the blood in his stool the last two days of our actual move itself and that only happened twice but Troy says he has seen it other times as well. Soni will be made an appt tomorrow! :)