PDA

View Full Version : Worried....any word on/from QSL?

Laura's Babies
05-15-2006, 11:29 PM
It has been on TV all day about the floods up there around where she lives. Has anyone heard from Jan or know anything?

catfamily
05-16-2006, 12:53 AM
I've been talking with her alot today and over the weekend.Mike went there to get the 4 kittens from the boston underground construction site and the 2 from the rooftop in chelsea and 1 adult brown very sweet girl from near her home all skin and bones.So we have 7 more.Not sure if all will work out but we'll give it a shot.
Jan also saved TODAY in chelsea massachusetts 3 kittens and a mom.One of the kittens was dead frozen and she rode home with it in her pants and it started to move around.She had to shake it a very tiny bit to get some breathing going before putting it against her belly too unfreeze.She calls that kitten "miricle".
Parts of Peobady Massachusetts is up to the waist in water.But it's not to bad where she is.It's mostly route one.

Laura's Babies
05-16-2006, 08:36 AM
THANK YOU CARLA! I have been worried to death every time I'd see all that on TV and have had a housefull of company all day so I couldn't get on PT to ask..

I knew she'd be out there in that weather trying to rescue, that is one of the reasons why I was so worried.. Congrats on all the new additions to your catfamily, when so we see pictures...?

catmandu
05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
I Was Worried As Well, As Some Of That Flood Footage Is Scary.
We Are Pleased That Everyones All Right.

moosmom
05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the update Carla. I didn't realize that Jan was so close to Peabody, Mass. :eek:

QueenScoopalot
05-17-2006, 05:13 PM
AWWWW you all! Things were pretty soupy in my basement and I had to shop vac & towel up quite a few gallons of water, but it didn't stop me from going out and finding 'flood victims' (aka kitties) in other cities. Many of the roads I use were/are under water still, so as you may guess traveling is much slower till things are bailed out in Mass. Some of the places I trapped in and around were evacuated, and I can only hope the few cats still there were able to make it to higher ground. :( And as Carla said...I've been busy performing miracles by bringing the dead back to life again! :eek: :eek: This tiny baby was ice cold and limp with no signs of life at all, but slowly warming her brought her back and 2 days later Miracle (the 2nd) is doing wonderful along with her two littermates. Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm a tough old broad lol! :D ;) And thanks Carla & Mike for thinning me out a bit here (though never for long) lol..off to see pics of the weeks worth of kitties Carla adopted. :D

Laura's Babies
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
HI JAN!! ***waves****waves****waves****!! I feel so much better now that you have checked in! I saw all that on TV and I was REALLY worried about you and I KNEW even if you were alright, you would be out in that mess, saving as many as you could..... and THAT had me worried even MORE! PLEASE be careful out there!! WE NEED YOU!! (and so do all the kitties you save!!!!!!)