PDA

View Full Version : Baby kitten went to the rainbow

Erica
05-15-2006, 02:32 PM
I foster abanded kittens. I got 2 more this morning. The man that brought them to me found 4 but one had allready died. He found them yesterday, and this morning another had died. He brought them to me and one looked ok the other not good at all. He was in the prone position, wouldn't nurse at all. I got him to take a little by suringe but not much at all. 5 hours after I got them, the poor little guy had passed. They were born yesterday morning, and the mom wouldn't have anything to do with them, I think she knew something was wrong with them. I'm really hoping this other one will make it. He is so very tiny and needs lots of love. I hope I can pull him through. The other 6 kittens I am fostering are doing great. They were quite sick last week but are doing wonderfull now.

rg_girlca
05-15-2006, 02:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the little ones passing. It is so hard at times.

I'm glad to hear that the others are doing well now and you can pat yourself on the back for that one as you are doing a fabulous job. :D

Thank you for taking these precious babies in and giving them a chance that otherwise they never would have had.

Bless you. :)

aki
05-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww That has to be HARD. I get so easily attached to animals that I know that I don't have the heart to be a foster. I would be broken hearted every time one was adopted.

Lizzie
05-15-2006, 04:16 PM
You did everything you possibly could and at least he died with something in his tummy. It must be very hard for you, losing one who barely had a chance at life. I hope you can keep the remaining one going.

catmandu
05-15-2006, 05:44 PM
The Little One who is now Gemster is an Official Pet Angel Army Eternal Kitten Angel.
She will grow to be 6 Months and then be a Kitten forever as Our Lord loves Kittens too.
She will be there to Thank You for helping her.
One Fine Day.

AbbyMom
05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Good luck, Erica, pulling the last one through.

Laura's Babies
05-15-2006, 07:35 PM
GOOD wishes and thoughts for the baby. It has to be heartbreaking to loose one but THANK you for trying while you had him.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Bless you Erica, for taking care of those poor kittens!!!

Sonia59
05-16-2006, 04:19 AM
It's sad :( I know what you mean they are doing the same at the shelter where I help. I hope the last baby will survive.

You are doing a great job, thanks for the kittens ;)

Beauty17
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
You are wonderful for doing all the hard work that you are doing to help the babies. I am sorry for your losses, and I know that you know that it is not because of anything you did wrong - those babies were just way too sick, and they were taken up where sickness will harm them no more. Take care, and be good to yourself.