PDA

View Full Version : Tumble dried Tatty

Heather Wallace
05-06-2002, 03:50 PM
I forgot to tell you all what happen to poor Tatty Bogles recently. I was drying some towels and left the door of the drier open. None of the cats usually go in there but Tatty must have crawled and in and had fallen asleep.

A while later I went back to the drier to finish things off, I shut the door and heard this loud banging, I opened the door and out climbed Tatty, shocked and bewildered. I also got a shock as I wasn't expecting to see something crawl out.

He was ok, he just got a fright and so did I.

I felt so bad though afterwards, felt as though it was my fault. Both Tatty and I have learned our lesson since.

Anyone had this experience???:(

Logan
05-06-2002, 03:56 PM
I haven't had this experience, but have certainly heard it from one who did!!! Maybe she will share it. I think she cried for days....although the cat was fine! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2002, 04:12 PM
Poor Tatty! Poor Heather! I'm so glad Tatty is ok. I've not had this experience but can imagine how awful it would be. I have heard of it happening to others but they haven't been as lucky. Give that baby an extra hug from me, please.:eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Poor Tatty,
I bet she won't go in there again....... ** give her a BIG hug for me**

AmberLee
05-06-2002, 07:23 PM
{{{Tatty, Heather}}}!!! What a shock for BOTH of you. Hope you are both doing fine now **more hugs at ya**

LoudLou
05-06-2002, 08:39 PM
http://animatedgif.net/animals/cats/flipped_e0.gif

Oh, poor Tatty!!!:( :eek: Hope Mama gives you LOTS of treats and loves..... Mocha used to love to sleep in the dryer....emphasis on the phrase Used to. We too learned the hard way.:rolleyes: ;)

Karen
05-06-2002, 09:44 PM
My friend's family had this happen with their Siamese, they turned the dryer on, heard a thump and a yowl, and quickly turned back to shut it off. They had to rewash all those towels, and they had a dizzier-than-he-normally-was cat for a little while!

sammi
05-06-2002, 10:32 PM
I read about a lady long time back that this happened to. It was very sad as she turned the dryer on and left the house for a short while. I won't go into the rest.
Happy that your kitty is ok.

Former User
05-07-2002, 01:43 AM
Oh poor Tatty-boy! Maybe that will teach him not to go there anymore!

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 08:51 AM
Oh Poor Tatty Bogles and Heather too!!!!{{{{{xxx}}}}

Bet you were both more than a little shook up!! Glad it turned out so well.:) :) :)

Gio
05-07-2002, 09:05 AM
What a frght! The only reason it did not happen to any of mine before it's because we don't have a tumble dryer :D Don't feel guilty: the devils can be so sneacky and SO FAST. Luckily, expect from the fright, there was no real harm done.

sasvermont
05-07-2002, 01:19 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p4118ba3c54804f95dc12ec2db0c502c3/fdc6d7e6.jpg

It is just a matter of time until it happens to me. I try to remember to count the kitties before I begin my washing/drying cycles, since they often hop in to the equipment. Yikes. I have heard of tragic things happening. :eek: :( Hope it avoids me completely!

So glad to hear your kitty came out ok and dried JUST ENOUGH!

Randi
05-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Poor Tatty, what a fright!!! :( I read in the paper recently, that a cat had been in the washer for 20 minutes on 60 &deg: before the woman realized. :( The cat surwived! :)

Everybody!!! Put your hands in it before you start and make absolutely sure there's no warm fur there!!

Heather Wallace
05-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Yes I agree Randi there is a lesson to be learned here.

yumyum6970
05-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Poor Tatty Boggles I am glad he is okay.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Goochina & Goochissimo
05-07-2002, 03:46 PM
My aunt's cat died this way years ago.

Definitely be careful! Our laundry room door always remains closed to prevent this...

... and because if I leave a laundry basket of clothes in there for 2 seconds the cat thinks she's found a new litterbox!!! :rolleyes:

05-07-2002, 03:48 PM
:( I sure hope this will never happen here !! must have given you the greatest shock ever ............!
Give Tatti an exta extra hug from me !!!!!
I'm so glad this story has a happy ending ............!!!!:) :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-07-2002, 03:54 PM
It appears to me that Graemer is saying..."For heavens sake...read the label!! Clean of cats before each load!" ( The "of cats" is implied because after all everything is about cats isn't it?)

;) :D ;)

AmberLee
05-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
...The "of cats" is implied because after all everything is about cats isn't it?...

ROTFLOL!!!! :D If I hurt myself laughing, it's all YOUR fault! What a great line!!!

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 04:29 AM
It appears to me that Graemer is saying..."For heavens sake...read the label!! Clean of cats before each load!" ( The "of cats" is implied because after all everything is about cats isn't it?)

LOL! :)

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 04:30 AM
The thing is Tatty is a big cat he must have had a real bump in there.

lynnestankard
05-08-2002, 04:31 AM
.....of cats" is implied because after all everything is about cats isn't it?)

Was there ever any doubt Sara?! LOL!:D :D

Lynne

sasvermont
05-08-2002, 05:53 AM
I think I will need to modify the warning language on the laundry equipment to mention the "fur factor". LOL

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I think I will need to modify the warning language on the laundry equipment to mention the "fur factor". LOL

Yes me to!:)