PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever get better???

catnapper
05-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Someone peed on my desk last night and then peed on the kitchen counter this morning. Most likely candidate is Pouncer. He's been eating his prescription food.... but for TWO DAYS I gave him Nutro Max because I ran out and didn't have the money to get his food from the vet. Can TWO DAYS be enough to give him issues again? Especially since Nutro claims its foods are balanced for urinary health?

I can't seee how he'd be sick after a mere two days' worth of non-prescription food. He's not stressed... unless his little door dashing last week freaked him out enough to cause another infection. Could that have been it? By the way, my little scaredy cat is back to hiding BEHIND the door instead of dashing out of it.

Right now he's sniffing the bottles of urine remover and looking at me like, "you didn't need to use that because of me ma! I'm innocent!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I DO have both the maintence diet and low pH diet. I picked up a bag of each at the vet Frieday because he gets the low pH stuff as a nightly treat. The low pH stuff is what actually reduces crystals and helps clear up infection (along with antibiotics) Sigh.... another $28 at the vet to test him for crystals/infection plus the cost of antibiotics. All my other cats are perfectly healthy and never a days' problem. He is on long problem after another. Still I love my silly hissy boy.

catmandu
05-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Pouncer Angel will come down and give Little Pouncer the Litter Box lecture gain.
Thats sadly a deal breaker for a lot of people and Bless You for not giving up on Pouncer.
I know that I am not going to rid myself of Tubby 2 who has these issues as he was a Feral Cat for so long.
We hope that things improve very soon.

jazzcat
05-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry Kim. I can kind of relate to how you feel. I discovered this weekend that someone sprayed the back corner of my new chest of drawers. :( I'm sure it is Ripley since it fits his M.O. and I've never seen another cat spray. I guess his infection is still around. Problem is the old antibiotic that use to work well is too hard on his kidneys and Clavox which is better for his kidneys makes him puke which in turn is hard on his kidneys.

You know, the stress of last weeks adventure may be part of the cause for Pouncer. Geez, it's always something insn't it?

Lobodeb
05-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Awwww, Kim. What are we gonna do with our little fuzz butts?

If his system is that sensitive, maybe the Nutro got his system out of whack? Just a thought, I know nothing but compassion.

rg_girlca
05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh poor Pouncer. You are one lucky little boy that your meowmie loves you so much.

I hope that things will improve soon for you and for precious Pouncer.

((((((HUGS))))))

Lizzie
05-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this again and empathize with you. I let Taranis out of isolation yesterday to see if her new "mood altering" and very expensive medication has worked yet. She peed all over a love seat. Like you, I keep having to take her back for more expensive tests to make sure she doesn't have an infection or crystals, and it feels as though you are pouring money into a bottomless pit of no sure fix.

It may well be that the adventure Pouncer went on has affected his behavior, especially since he's now afraid of being outside instead of curious. Many years ago, my landlord let out my very nervous male cat while I was at work and I didn't get him back inside until that night. He sprayed up a storm after that and he'd never done it before.

I can't remember, do you have Pouncer on any kind of sedative?

catnapper
05-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Pouncer's always been more timid and afraid of the outdoors, so it really surprised me when he ran out twice last week. Every time we opened the door for a whole week, he'd try to door dash.... until it was raining friday night and he got rained on :p Since then, he's back to his typical hiding behind the door maneuver.

He's never been on mood altering drugs. I did ask the vet friday to give me a call (she never did) about what to do to help him adjust to us having a baby around here. I suppose I'll find out this afternoon when we go to the vet for yet another urine test.

Sigh, I love my senstive boy and wold do anything for him - he just seems to know EXACTLY when money's its tightest to get sick. If he got sick last month when I had an extra few bucks thanks to the tax return, it would not have been any problem.

Laura's Babies
05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Is there ever a dull moment at your house? Look how exciting Pouncer keeps it for you.... poor boy. Lets hope he gets back on track real soon!