PDA

View Full Version : Tarot card readings? Question..

CountryWolf07
05-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Does anyone believe in them... I had mine done, but.. I'm not sure if I should believe it or not..

Laura's Babies
05-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I use to go to a online place that did them free years ago and it was freaky how close it use to come to what was going on in my life and it was a BAD time, not something you normally go through that a generic answer would cover for everyone.

But I don't know if I would live my life by what they say..... :confused:

catnapper
05-15-2006, 07:59 AM
I used to do my own tarot and there was a period of time where I kept asking when I'd fall in love, and it kept telling me Decemeber 19-25th. I repeatedly asked this question and repeatedly got that card for a whole YEAR. I stayed hopelessly single and out of love for years. Then one year, I met a man who I was dating only because he was "nice" and it got me out of the house.... and all the while I kept telling my best friend SHE should date him because I had no interest in him. Then the week of Dec 19-25 I fell utterly in love with him. To this day, I consider that week a magical week that took me by surprise (that guy is now hubby).

I tell you, honestly, I had forgotten about that torot card until I was moving in with him and packing up all my stuff. I picked up the tarot cards to pack for the move and all of the sudden, it came rushing back to me, the number of times I held that card. I SWEAR it was the freakiest thing I ever experienced! :eek:

Zippy
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
No.I am a strong Christan.

Christiansmommy
05-15-2006, 10:25 AM
No.I am a strong Christan.

Ditto here :)

While I believe that outside forces are very real, and tarot card readings could be real as well and influenced by outside forces... The only advice I will ever choose to seek from someone other than a human family member or friend, is God....He is the only one who knows where I have been and knows where I am going in my life. " Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understandings, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths"...that's all I need to know :)

JenBKR
05-15-2006, 10:34 AM

While I believe that outside forces are very real, and tarot card readings could be real as well and influenced by outside forces... The only advice I will ever choose to seek from someone other than a human family member or friend, is God....He is the only one who knows where I have been and knows where I am going in my life. " Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understandings, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths"...that's all I need to know :)

Amen to that - I feel the exact same way.

Queen of Poop
05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
The Ancient system of the Tarot cards are keys designed to open the doors of consciousness to the meaning of life and creation, revealing not only the purpose for our sojourn upon this planet but our divine origin and destiny. The Tarot is a metaphysical system, a tool for the exploration and development of the soul's highest potential, acting much like a greenhouse in providing even temperature to quicken spiritual growth.

The main purpose of the Tarot is not simply fortune telling, but the development of powers still dormant in most, that culminate in the true expression of selfhood. Increased awareness naturally creates increased opportunity to develop inner potential and transcend shortcomings, making life more productive and rewarding.

cocker_luva
05-15-2006, 02:29 PM
i do my own also, its usually rite on the spot, and lets me know what to focus on.

Pam
05-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Amen to that - I feel the exact same way.

Double Ditto.

Cookiebaker
05-15-2006, 06:28 PM

Wow! I could not even come close to saying it better than that, but that is exactly what I believe, and how I feel. God is the only person you can trust!

{{Hugs to you, Rachel}} I hope that everything is OK with you!!! :)

barncat
05-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I have used the cards to facilitate counselling for friends and professionally. A good reader is very much like a good counseller...helping you see your own truth. Less hokuspokus than spiritual intuition and a meeting of minds/spirits.

I've had readings (and given a few) that were just off the mark. As with anything, trust yourself about how much of it fits. Most readers will encourage you to use it as a reflective tool and not a road map.

(On another note, I wonder why so often people assume that gifts of insight and tools of intuition are not divinely given?)

BC_MoM
05-15-2006, 09:39 PM
I like goofing around with stuff like that, but I definitely don't live by it or believe it. There's a catch to EVERYTHING. I'm a strong Catholic as well.

carole
05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Hmm well i don't really believe in them or astrology or any of that stuff, but see them as a bit of fun, to be taken with a grain of salt as the saying goes, i have no religious faith, so that does not come into it for me,so really it is up to you, believe it if you want. :)

Sevaede
05-15-2006, 10:40 PM
The Ancient system of the Tarot cards are keys designed to open the doors of consciousness to the meaning of life and creation, revealing not only the purpose for our sojourn upon this planet but our divine origin and destiny. The Tarot is a metaphysical system, a tool for the exploration and development of the soul's highest potential, acting much like a greenhouse in providing even temperature to quicken spiritual growth.

The main purpose of the Tarot is not simply fortune telling, but the development of powers still dormant in most, that culminate in the true expression of selfhood. Increased awareness naturally creates increased opportunity to develop inner potential and transcend shortcomings, making life more productive and rewarding.

*nods* :) Very well put. :)

JenBKR
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
(On another note, I wonder why so often people assume that gifts of insight and tools of intuition are not divinely given?)

Because those are not gifts that God gives, according to the Bible.

IRescue452
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Everything comes back to the divine. I read the tarot cards for myself the other week, because my friend had them out. I consider them a generic reading, the only meaning you can get out of them is the meaning you give them. If you get a card that says there are bad times right now, you give them the meaning. You decide if the card is saying something important.

ramanth
05-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I've had readings done before and believe there is some truth in it. :)

Suki Wingy
05-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I consider them a generic reading, the only meaning you can get out of them is the meaning you give them. If you get a card that says there are bad times right now, you give them the meaning. You decide if the card is saying something important.
Exactly. If it says you're going to have a bad time, you convince yourself you will. :rolleyes:
I believe the whole world runs on random chance and happenings. There is no set up reason, and certainly no one up there planning it! ;)