PDA

View Full Version : The rescue lady replied back

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:25 PM
I told her I didn't know what to do just yet. Yet she already listed him on petfinder. I still have him.

can she do this?

I replied said I have a counselor appt on Fri and will let her know then what I want to do with Charlie.

This is so hard.

Kfamr
05-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Well if you haven't said you wanted to get rid of him for sure, then I don't see how she could just put him up for adoption?

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
She must have just skipped over and not FULLY read what I wrote.

This is what I wrote

Hi Micah!
It's Rachel. I adopted *buttercup*. I'm strugling with depression and I'm losing my patience with him. He pees atleast once inside. For numerous of reasons. Like for example... the cat not wanting to play with him, or my daughter taking off with is food bowl.

He jumping up onto counters.. on top of other things.. I know these things can be fixed. I don't know if I have the patience to do so unless.. do you know any easier ways? I've been tring the NILF program (nothing in life is free) I have him on his leash with me all day. And that's tuff. Sometimes he's not on it.

He thinks he's top dog. lol.

Anyways... my questions are... IF I decide to re home him... ( cus on the dfw yahoo pet placement group there is someone asking for an aussie.) What do I need to do? in the contract it says I need a paper from you or something.

I'm lost. I don't know what to do.. rehome or keep trying.. I keep getting lazy on his training.

thanks
Rae

------

then she wrote

--------

I will put him back online. Can you keep him for a couple of weeks
until he
gets rehomed?

(her name)

-------

I just replied back with

----

Well I don't know if I want to rehome him just yet.. I was just asking what all I needed. I am going to see a counselor on Fri. I will talk with her about it and we can see what the best thing is to do. Also, I will be looking for a behaviorist. See if there is an easy way to fix it. If we can't fix his territory issues then I'll write you back.

Every time he climbs up in my lap with those big eyes I just melt. He's a good dog. Just needs some work. Hopefully I can get my stuff in order.

Oh did you ever get my email about him having whipworm and cocidia? I don't know how you do the medical stuff there. Just thought you'd like to know what the doggies might get there.

Thanks for replying. I'll let you know after Friday after my appt.
This is soo hard. Not knowing what to do. Do you have any training tips? Or any behaviorists recommendations?

oh yeah... IF I decide to let him go. I don't want him going to just anyone. He needs a good home with someone that has expirence with training. He needs some work.

Anyways. I'll let you know Fri.
Rae
---------

Does that sound like I was for sure that's what I'm going to do?

Kfamr
05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Just tried searching for his petfinder page and cannot find it - do you have a link? I'd be curious to see what she has to say about him.

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:35 PM
I just look at him an he's so darn cute. Hopefully I can get past this and be able to get to training him again. He just curls up in my lap and how can you get mad at that? He leans soo hard on you.

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:36 PM
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5949793

same ad as she had before. Adoption fee and everything. Even tho I haven't surrendered him. She's a private rescue.

Kfamr
05-14-2006, 10:41 PM
It bothers me VERY much the fact that she doesn't include any behavioral problems. Those should be included as well as the good things! This is why you adopted him, you probably weren't aware of the issues he has beforehand.

lute
05-14-2006, 10:45 PM
It bothers me VERY much the fact that she doesn't include any behavioral problems. Those should be included as well as the good things! This is why you adopted him, you probably weren't aware of the issues he has beforehand.
agreed

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:45 PM
She didn't know much about him. Not even where he came from.

It's the same ad as I got him in the first place. She said just give him a few days. And after a few weeks his territorial marking inside started.

ashleycat
05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
This was her reply..

we don't adopt to just anyone! it has to clearly be a good match. YOU
will
have the opportunity to be involved if you are fostering him... i will
forward inquiries directly to you.

as for book recommendations, there is a book by "The dog whisperer"
that is
excellent.

lizbud
05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
ashleycat,

It's becoming pretty clear that you have neither the time nor the
commitment nescessary for training this pup.It's easy to see why with a
young toddler to care for.There is no quick & easy way to train dogs.
Some dogs are easier to train than others, but all training takes a level
of commitment & persistance in order to work. There is no shame in
admitting that you can't cope with a active & playful dog & a young
child, plus housework, etc,etc.Please let this rescue person list the dog
and hopefully find him a home that has the time to work with him. It
could make all the difference for you & for the dog.

ashleycat
05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I think I will. I get to choose who he goes to. So I will make sure they have time, devotion, space and experience.

He's a loving dog. It will be very sad to see him go. Maybe I can give it another try LATER in life when all my kids are grown and all my stresses are gone. Atleast I got to save him from that place.

I just hate hurting people and animals feelings. I feel like I failed. He will be happier I hope. When I get any inquiries, do you guys wanna help me pick out the right owners?

BitsyNaceyDog
05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Ask the rescue lady if you can edit the bio on him since you know him best. Also see if she can change his display name from Buttercup to Charlie, since that's the name he goes by.

Buttercup is a beautiful 4 year old blonde/cream aussie with one blue eye and one green! He has a sweet and affectionate personality, is good with other dogs and LOVES children!

You could change it to read something like this...

Charlie is a beautiful 4 year old blonde/cream aussie with one blue eye and one green! He has a sweet and affectionate personality, is good with other dogs and LOVES children! He is lacking basic training and needs someone who is willing to spend the time to properly train him.

You can go into more detail about Charlie's needs and problems when people call. You NEED to have something in the bio stating he has problems, but you don't want to flood it listing the problems.

ashleycat
05-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Sounds good thanks!

Kfamr
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I think, add something in there about the owner needing to be experienced in behavioral problems and the breed.

Jessika
05-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh my God, the poor thing, I would take him in a heartbeat if I were closer! I have more time available than you do, only problem is we just got rid of a roommate and her chi mix dog who marked all over the apartment... we JUST got the carpets cleaned and the smell gone (as well as the nasty roommate) so.. I just... man. He is so beautiful, and I hate to see Aussies up for adoption and not able to take them in myself. I just want to say, you do what you think is best for both you AND him and the situation at hand. Don't feel bad about the decision!