PDA

View Full Version : What a Mothers Day surprise!

Laura's Babies
05-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I got the best Mothers Day gift of all today! Some WONDERFUL news about Eddie. Unbelievable news actually... He and his devoted wife have been in South Carolina all week end and and are on their way back home with Eddie driving the WHOLE way!! WHAT??? :eek: He is up to driving on LONG trips? You bet! Regina said they went out to eat a Mothers Day lunch at a very well known, popular place and it made her deathly ill so she could not drive so Eddie has to drive them home!! I was shocked but she said this isn't his first long drive, that he had to drive from Norfolk to Richmond last month and back.

This trip was to go down to see her Grandmother (in S.C.) and her mother who was there from Atlanta and surprise them. Her Grandmother was so excited that she was telling everyone who called her "EDDIE IS HERE!!". I am excited myself that he is able to do this..

EVEN better news is, they are talking about Eddie going BACK TO WORK! The nurse overseeing his workmans comp case said he should be able to go back to work part time, office work and one of his doctors have agreed that he go back to work! Can you imagine what this will do for EDDIE? He HAS to be thrilled to death. I know he would rather be working with his hands but if his office work involves computers, he will be just as happy since he LOVES computers.

Last year this time, at deaths door (burned 80% of his body, 2nd and 3rd degree burns) and now talk of him returning to work. Is that not a Mothers day blessing or not?

Karen
05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Absolutely marvelous! Sorry Regina was sick from the lunch, but everything else sounds great!

chocolatepuppy
05-14-2006, 10:04 PM
That's great news! Best wishes for Eddie returning to work! :)

rg_girlca
05-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh Laura, I can only imagine how this makes you feel. It's so good to read how far Eddie has come and how well he is doing. :)

Obviously, God wasn't ready for him last year.
He must have some mighty high plans for that son of yours as he was surely looking out for him that day by sending those Angels to help him. :)

zippy-kat
05-14-2006, 11:37 PM
What wonderful news! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-15-2006, 04:09 AM
That is indeed a very special mother's day gift, Laura!! Wow, what a huge achievement for Eddie!!

jazzcat
05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
That is wonderful news Laura! What a great Mother's Day gift for you!