PDA

View Full Version : what do you consider "CUTE"?

lute
05-14-2006, 09:36 PM
we all say "WHAT A CUTIE!" over different kinds of dogs. which one of these pics makes you say "AWWWWW!" the most?

Pic 1-
http://www.pedigree.co.nz/breeds/images/pomeranian.jpg
Pic 2-
http://www.danesonline.com/litterpics/medium/int0034.jpg

Zippy
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Pic number one I love Poms.My aunt t has one named Rascal i love him he is just the cutest :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Pic #1 for me, the Dane isn't what I consider to be 'cute'. In fact, I don't really consider most large dogs cute. They're what I classify as pretty, elegant etc. Sometimes they do cute things though but in general when I'm looking at a Dobe, Dane, etc. I won't say "that's a cute dog".

cali
05-14-2006, 11:11 PM
thre is a differnce between "cute" and "pretty" for axmple I dont think Happy is at all "cute" I think she is very pretty and refined looking, Misty is pretty, but she is also very cute. Ripley is cute, Perky is pretty, Blair is cute.

of those 2 pics, the pom is cute, the dane is does not even resemble cute, the dane is regal and handsome, but not cute.

binka_nugget
05-14-2006, 11:29 PM
I voted pic 1 but only because of the little head tilt. If the dane had that head tilt, I would have voted for that picture. :p

wolfsoul
05-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I voted #1. The second dog is handsome, beautiful, regal, striking, etc, but not cute. I don't find danes with cropped ears to be cute, really --- cute isn't the word for them. The ones with the floppy ears I find to be cute though.

Chilli
05-15-2006, 06:48 AM
I voted #1.
I'm the same as what most people have already said. When I see a bigger dog, I don't think "cute", I usually think of them as Gorgeous, Stunning, Beautiful, etc.
I guess we can just leave "cute" to the little guys! :D

Joannie
05-15-2006, 06:49 AM
I consider the pom cute and the dane handsome or regal. Joann

shihtzulover850
05-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Dane pups are absolutely adorable. My cousin has one. It is a girl named Audrey. She cost $500 :rolleyes:. He is still paying for her. :rolleyes: But she is cute. Learning about cats the hard way though.

JenBKR
05-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Personally, I'm not a big fan of small dogs, I prefer big ones. So I voted for #2. I think big dogs are absolutely cute and adorable! They certainly don't have to be small to be cute! Roscoe is 93 lbs. and everytime I see him I say he is just sooo cute!

Suki Wingy
05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Pic #2. Most small dogs have to grow on me for me to think they are cute. Danes can most certainly be cute, though they are also regal and elegant. To me, cute is a 150 lb drooling Neapolitan mastiff, or an elegant pit bull that I just want to reach out through the screen and give a great big hug. :)

cocker_luva
05-15-2006, 02:35 PM
#1 makes me think awww the most, but #2 makes me think wow. :)

k9krazee
05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
#1 makes me think awww the most, but #2 makes me think wow. :)

Exactly what I was going to say ;)

lute
05-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Pic #2. Most small dogs have to grow on me for me to think they are cute. Danes can most certainly be cute, though they are also regal and elegant. To me, cute is a 150 lb drooling Neapolitan mastiff, or an elegant pit bull that I just want to reach out through the screen and give a great big hug. :)
me too! :D

Kfamr
05-15-2006, 07:22 PM

As others, I prefer large dogs over small/toy. Yeah, they're cute too, but I find large dogs CUTER. The picture used for Danes does not do the breed justice. They are such silly goofy dogs, cute and regal at the same time. I really don't like cropped ears, especially on Danes, so he/she would be tons cuter with natural ears.

Pomeranians don't appeal to me much, they're cute, not as cute as a Dane though. ;)

lv4dogs
05-16-2006, 08:35 AM
The Dane makes me go AAWWWW the most but it is not in a "cute" way, it is in a "Wow, what an absolutely magnificent dog" way. The pom makes me think "cute" though.

zoomer
05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Picture 2. LOVE THOSE JOWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sophist
05-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Neitherfits my definition of 'cute', but the Dane is certainly much more visually appealing to me.

dab_20
05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Pic #1. As Orangutango said before, I consider danes and other larger dogs elegant looking, they are pretty dogs. Poms look like little teddy bears so I consider them 'cute'. I consider Molli cute and Sam is like a mix between cute and pretty (handsome) ;) . lol

anna_66
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
I had to vote #1 as cute although I absolutely adore big dogs (I guess that's a given though;)).
The Dane pictured I don't think is cute but like others I think it is very regal. Now maybe if it was playing and having a good time or something it might be cute. I know there are times when Bon looks regal and other times when he's just a big goofball:D

molucass
05-27-2006, 11:59 PM
I picked #2.

While I think pom's are cute, I still prefer great danes. The picture of the dane doesn't do the breed justice to show their personality, but I still think any dane is "CUTE"!

Now if you had put a chihuahua up there and a great dane, I wouldn't have been able to chose. :)

shihtzulover850
05-28-2006, 08:19 AM
I voted #1. The second dog is handsome, beautiful, regal, striking, etc, but not cute. I don't find danes with cropped ears to be cute, really --- cute isn't the word for them. The ones with the floppy ears I find to be cute though.
I agree. They are so much better with long ears! :)

IRescue452
05-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Neither really. The dane is refined and beautiful, the pom is more like a sweet old lady, but neither really got an awww reaction.