PDA

View Full Version : Jinx?

catnapper
05-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Do you believe in jinxing things? Do you think if we do something in anticipation of one thing, that you'll get another?

Tonight, after a hundreth trip to the store and walking out with MORE baby clothes, Ashley realized she doesn't have enough closet space for everything. So what's a mommy to do? She put away all the boy clothes and hung up all the girl clothing. Is that a sure-fire way to make the fates produce a boy?

All the little pink clothes are hung up, organized to size and waiting the arrival of a girl.

So now, all the boy clothes are organized in boxes, and I told Ash that she might be taking the pink stuff off hangers and replacing it with boy things in another month. I originally felt it was a boy, but now I am convinced its a girl. Which of course is another way to jinx things -- I don't bet because I'm never right! :p

PS: Don't worry about the clothes we have receipts for everything and the clothes can be returned! :D

Laura's Babies
05-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I found out today that the great grandbaby I am getting next month is a BOY!... So maybe it is the season for little BOYS!

Karen
05-14-2006, 09:58 PM
It's gonna be a summer baby, will only need diapers and t-shirts for a while anyway! My eldest cousin was told her baby was a boy, all her friends gave her all blue stuff, and Jessica turned out as girly a girl as could be!

I think at this point, there's nothing you can do - that baby already is a boy or a girl, ain't a nothin' you do gonna change that!

And, by the way, if people ask "Do you know what you're having?" Ashley can always use my sister's answer ... "Well, I HOPE it's a baby - I'm pretty sure!"

(Sister wanted to be surprised at the end of her ordeal, so didn't ask the gender for either pregnancy. She ended up with a boy, and, 8 years later, a girl.)

shais_mom
05-14-2006, 10:27 PM
My cousin and his wife were expecting their first child and they had an ultrasound that said it was a girl. Wife is a nurse - she looked said it was a girl - Wife's mom is a nurse said it was a girl. OBGYN looked at ultrasound said it was a girl.
We had a shower that had all girl decorations and my mom ordered a pink and white cake that said Welcome Brooke Marie. Everyone bought her girl things.
Well, Matthew Alan came out a bouncing baby boy! Brooke came a few years later! ;)