PDA

View Full Version : Are Karen and Paul alright in these bad storms?

gini
05-14-2006, 08:13 PM
I just heard about the bad weather in the New England states including the Boston area and there is serious flooding.

Does anyone know if Karen and Paul are alright? I think I saw LH was online.

Lady's Human
05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Gini, IF Karen and Pul are in any danger of flooding, it's time to call Noah. They live on a hill well above most of the town. They should be fine.

(Zoobah, zoobah, zzobah "Ding" Noah......It's the lord, noah" YEAH RIGHT....) :D

Karen
05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
We are fine - we're on a big hill - so we're okay. The riverbanks were down a couple weeks ago, but up over normal now. The church roof was leaking a bit this morning, but if you watch the Boston marathon, all the whining and exclaiming about "the hills of Newton" and "Heartbreak Hill" - that's just where we live! If the Atlantic rises a few feet, I'd be living on a island and rowing to visit folks.

Miss Hoppy hates even getting her paws damp - so she hasn't been outside in a couple weeks.

gini
05-14-2006, 08:34 PM
And more good news today! What a Mother's Day!!

Thanks for responding. My brother's home in Hingham has a basement that is flooding - he is at the base of a long slope.

Of course the nieces there would love to see Noah and his ark - but I don't think my brother is quite ready for that. :D

Karen
05-14-2006, 09:15 PM
We (us, Paul's Mom, and even my Dad, who is further inland) all live up on hills. Haven't heard if my sister (in a flat spot in Brockton) is treading water, but they have a 2-story home, with a second kitchen and even a fireplace on the second floor, so they'll be okay anyway!