PDA

View Full Version : Ever walk in the woods with rose bushes?

slleipnir
05-14-2006, 02:46 PM
So today we went out to the country to look at this land my dad is interested in buying. His cousin owns it, and not sure if she will even sell it. It's a nice piece of land. 250 acres(ish), it has large fields, a big pond with a running stream (even beavers!), and lots of wooded area. We walked in the woods a little the other day, and it was open enough that I felt I wouldn't need long pants the next time we went (today) seeing it was so hot. Biggest mistake. I walk pretty far into the woods and realize the whole thing has these wild rose thingies growing all over the place. I guess they were roses anyway. There was plenty of thorns.....ANNND I was wearing shorts. So dumb of me, but I wanted to see what was in there. Well, you can probably imagen when my legs look like. Scratched to he**! It STINGS. I just washed them off, which really stung. Ack. I don't recommend going into the woods with shorts on.

animal_rescue
05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh that's happened to me before! I was taking Maggie for a walk in our woods when I came across these roses, that I didn't know were roses, and got stuck with some thorns. But I have to admit it was beautiful where all the wild roses were!

Zippy
05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
No.But I will not now.Hope your scratches feel better.

critter crazy
05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
that hurts!! one time i went rasberry picking in shorts!! duhhh.......jow stupid can one be!! at least you didnt know they were there!:D

joanofark
05-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Been there, done that, MANY times. ;) :p Welcome to the club. :D