PDA

View Full Version : OK, now I'm nervous...

Cookiebaker
05-14-2006, 02:20 PM
We just got this an email from the emergency broadcasters weather reporters (we have signed up to be notified of emergencies in our area)

"FLOOD WARNING EXTENDED UNTIL MON MORNING.THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR
THE S----- RIVER AT WEST C--------. * UNTIL MON MORNING. *
AT 9 AM SUN THE STAGE WAS 5.8 FEET. * FLOOD STAGE IS 7.0 FEET. * FORECAST TO RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE EARLY THIS AFTERNOON & CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 10.1 FEET BY THIS EVENING. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE TOMORROW"

This river is literally right behind our house, and I don't think we have EVER seen the water this high. Just a few more inches, and it is going to be in our back yard. Uggggh, this is nerve wracking, and I hope it stops raining soon!

Roxyluvsme13
05-14-2006, 02:40 PM
:eek:
We've never had a flood here, but I hope it doesn't get too high.
((HUGS))

Zippy
05-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh no.Never been in a flood.Hope it doesn't get any higher

ChrisH
05-15-2006, 06:59 AM
How scary & awful, hope all is ok? Please keep us updated. Prayers on the way.

Cookiebaker
05-15-2006, 08:08 AM
We got 10 more warnings overnight, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as predicted. It is currently at 7.6, and though it is supposed to rise a bit more throughout the day, by later this afternoon it should be heading back down again.

I hope this rain stops SOON! :rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-15-2006, 08:17 AM
That is so scary! I have never been in a flood; but my parents did! They were hit by the big flood in Europe in 1953. The water( sea) reached 1m60 (=62.50 inches) high downstairs :eek:. They had a butcher-shop, and everything was ruined :eek:
Wishing you all the best!!

ramanth
05-15-2006, 08:46 AM
*fingers crossed that your area doesn't flood*

It's been non stop rain here too. Ugh.

shihtzulover850
05-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Really? There has been alot of rain here lately. We are in drought though :rolleyes: I am sick of the rain. it is always cloudy here. It looks like the pacific nw. Praying the rain goes down. ;)

Anita Cholaine
05-15-2006, 09:57 AM
That's so scary! :eek: I really hope everything's ok!

ChrisH
05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the update Anna, glad it wasn't as bad as expected. Prayers continuing.

Jessika
05-15-2006, 03:38 PM
The warnings are ALWAYS worse than the actual situation, or though it seems. We get flood warnings here all the time, but nothing ever happens. Having been through a BAD flood myself, I can say how scary and heartbreaking it is to lose all yoru stuff. At least we had warning though. Flash floods are the worst of all. So keep a look out, and hopefully it will go down and the weather alert will go away for you! :)

Dixieland Dancer
05-15-2006, 03:52 PM
We were in a flood about a year and a half ago. The water was 5 feet in our basement. It was a nightmare. Some people with low based houses actually stayed put and had to be removed with emergency crews. I hope you don't have to go through actual flood stages but if you do, don't be brave... evacuate before hand. We saw a lot of animal death because people didn't heed the warnings. Unfortunately, emergency crews consider human life more important and will save them first.

Pam
05-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Anna, I had been thinking of your during this whole flooding situation but didn't realize there was a thread about it until just now. :) I hope the threat is over for you now and that there will be lots of sunny days ahead. :)