PDA

View Full Version : Businesses

wolfsoul
05-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Do any of you ever decide to make little dog businesses? I'm always making things and then I decide that I'm going to make a business out of it, but I never follow through lol.

Right now I'm thinking about making collars and magnets. I got a sewing machine and I found all of the materials for collars, and I've been making images for dog magnets. Let's see if I actually follow through on this one. :rolleyes:

What about you guys?

Muddy4paws
05-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Hopefully when I'm alot older I will either go mobile or open up my own groomers but thats a lonng time off yet, just a suggestion. Have you thought of making charms for collars and coats, bandanas or dog + cat shirts? I know all of them have sold alot in my area.

wolfsoul
05-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I've thought alot of making dog shirts. At the obedience trial I went to recently, I bought two t-shirts, a zip-up sweater, and a vest (so the business must not be too bad lol). All you really need to do is buy regular shirts up put some iron-on patches or embroidery. I think I'm going to go to Micheal's and FabricLand today...

Muddy4paws
05-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I would definatly look into clothes for people + dogs, You should try ebay 4 transfers and ideas

BC_MoM
05-14-2006, 01:46 PM
If you started making collars, I'd buy one from you, Jordan! You should make matching leashes, as well. :cool:

wolfsoul
05-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Cool! :D I was thinking of making matching leashes as well. I'm supposed to be cleaning right now but I'm sooo tempted to go buy supplies hehe. I think Visa and I are going to make a trip to Micheal's. ;)

binka_nugget
05-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I had my little dog training thing on the side for a while.. then I got bogged down with the two jobs and stopped. Now I have loads of free time but I'm way too lazy to look for a location. :p

I think I might start selling agility equipment though.. and maybe donating 50% of the proceeds to rescues/shelters.