PDA

View Full Version : Rescued 4 kittens yesturday

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:20 AM
I heard one crying. They were all spread out near the storm drainage behind my house. The neighbor boy climed the fence and got them.Even had to dig to get to one. I don't know how it got there. I'm guessing the reason they were all spread out, was because they were looking for momma which had been picked up the day before. They were all hungry and a lil dehydrated. They were so little. So cute. I wish I could have kept one.

Laura's Babies
05-14-2006, 10:38 AM
What did you do with them??? I would have kept them at least until they were 6 to 8 weeks old... How old were they?

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 10:48 AM
They had teeth, they must have been atleast 4 weeks I guess. Unfortunately I think they were taken to a shelter. But the lady that called them said the place is a good place.

I already have a cat, dog and a toddler. I don't know how long they would last here.

moosmom
05-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Ashley,

I wouldn't worry too much. Kittens get placed VERY quickly. You did a good thing honey. Be proud!

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 11:12 AM
They were sooo cute. I'm sure they will get adopted. They still had blue eyes.. One, his back was all black, and his tummy had stripes.

ashleycat
05-14-2006, 11:14 AM
oh I forgot to add..

The kittens mom was a stray. The lady down the street from me feeds the strays, as I did sometimes too. She caught as many as she could and spayed or neutered them then released them. Some of them will let you pet them.

catmandu
05-14-2006, 03:43 PM
You did the best thing taht you could and that was giving those Kittens a fighting chance.
Now they can find Furr Ever Homes.
Bless You for caring.
The Found Cats are giving you a 21 MEEEOW SALUTE with a PURRING MOOSE thrown in.

carole
05-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Good for you, now those babies at least have a chance now of having homes, they had no chance before, you have done a great thing, as Donna said be proud.