PDA

View Full Version : excersize ball

lute
05-13-2006, 03:09 PM
i bought my brother a big excersize for Precious, his guinea pig. he was SOOOO excited and Precious really liked it too. she was runnin around the house and after a while stopped running into walls. :rolleyes:

how long should she stay in the ball? i don't want her to be in there too long!

Roxyluvsme13
05-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I think as long as she's enjoying it, and not hurting herself, any amount of time should be okay.

k9krazee
05-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I've actually heard that guinea pigs shound not be given balls OR wheels because they could create back, feet or toe problems!

Jessika
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I've actually heard that guinea pigs shound not be given balls OR wheels because they could create back, feet or toe problems!
I heard the same thing. Maybe as long as the ball is more than big enough it would be ok.. what size ball is she in?

Zippy
05-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I heard that they are bad for gpigges backs too.but if she is having fun,the ball is huge it propally is ok my advise check with a vet
i am not a gpiggie person ever thorw they are very cute and sweet

Chilli
05-13-2006, 05:00 PM
I heard it was bad, too.

http://www.cavycages.com/toys.htm

If you go to the VERY bottom of that page, it states that both wheels and balls aren't very good for pigs.

Uabassoon
05-13-2006, 08:17 PM
I've also heard that they aren't good for small animals. Many animals are actually scared in those balls and they run because they are trying to escape and not because they are having fun. It's better to just let her run around while supervised without putting her in the ball.

lute
05-14-2006, 09:21 PM
oh, i had no idea it was bad. the ball is really big. she looks really tiny in it. not sure what size it is.