PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for me please?

christa
05-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Just wanted to ask for some PT prayers for me.

I spent a few nights this past week in the hospital. I have pneumonia and I had a tear in one of my lungs which caused air to leak out into my chest cavity, which was causing severe pain in my chest & back - and causing me to have difficulty breathing. I'm home now, thankfully . . . resting & taking breathing treatments.

Anyway, I go back in a month to have another CT scan, to make sure that the infection & inflammation has gone away. If not, they will want to run more tests, which scares me.

Just pray that this all clears up by then. I've seen PT prayers work so many times before and I just couldn't imagine not asking my PT family to pray for me.

Thanks guys. :)

Karen
05-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Of course! I have been hospitalized for my asthma twice as an adult, so know what not being able to breathe feels like.

You are certainly in our prayers. Be careful, take it easy, and don't try to push yourself too much too fast, okay?

I recommend plenty of purrtherapy.

christa
05-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I recommend plenty of purrtherapy.

Of course! I have been getting lots of that! LOL . . . the kitties missed me so much evidently. As soon as I got home, I had two magnet lap cats (which IS unusual!) I've enjoyed their attention. :) They're both good nurse kitties!

k9krazee
05-13-2006, 02:55 PM
You will definately be in my thoughts and prayers! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Zippy
05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
You are in my prayers.Feel Better

lizbud
05-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Of course, prayers on the way. :) Try to get plenty of rest.

luvofallhorses
05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Prayers for you on the way! ((hugs)) please take care of yourself.

Catty1
05-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Lots of prayers and hugs for you...just take it easy.

And since you healed Brodie so well with little kibbles, do you think he would do the same for you with, oh, small CHOCOLATES, say? :D

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Catty1

flamepony12
05-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Thoughts and prayers on the way for you, Christa. :) (((HUGS)))

shais_mom
05-13-2006, 10:51 PM
how scary!
I hope you feel better asap!

Laura's Babies
05-14-2006, 12:39 AM
My goodness girl! Sorry to hear you have been so ill. My sister had been in the hospital with lung problems recently and she is home and doing fine.. Hope you spring back as fast and good as she did!

rg_girlca
05-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Christa, I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick.

Prayers on the way for a full and speedy recovery.

christa
05-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys. :) I appreciate all of your prayers. Like I said before . . . I know that prayers can pull me through this. I'm hoping that it doesn't get anymore serious than this. I'm just hoping that my ct scan in a month comes out clean & clear.

Killearn Kitties
05-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you have not been well. Hopefully the worst is behind you and no more tests will be needed.

Good luck. :)

jazzcat
05-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!!!!

Get well soon!

catnapper
05-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Yikes! Many prayers coming your way.

First Brodie, now meowmie. (how is the Brodster?)

AbbyMom
05-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Prayers on the way!

sandragonfly
05-14-2006, 10:02 PM
yikes, I know how painful that can be! I swear I was coughing my intenstines out last week. :eek: sorryou have been sick too - a lot of gentle hugs on way!!

I'm going to send the guardian angel you sent over not a while ago over there to take care of you for now! ;)

(((christa)))

Ginger's Mom
05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Very scary. You will be in my prayers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-15-2006, 04:20 AM
You will be in my prayers, Christa!!!

Oggyflute
05-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you, I hope you get better mate.

christa
05-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Yikes! Many prayers coming your way.

First Brodie, now meowmie. (how is the Brodster?)

Thanks. :)

Brodie is still Mr. Pukey Pants. Not quite as much but every few days. Seems like when he gets straightened up, he does something stupid, like breaks into a bag of food or treats that he shouldn't have that messes him up. We finally got everything into containers that he couldn't open or gnaw into. :rolleyes: So unless he can twist off the lids . . . :eek: . . . we'll see how it goes from here. LOL

When I was in the hospital, they tore into a bag of Prescription I/D (which is food for Josie) and when hubby came home to feed them, he found that the bag of food was almost gone and there were 4 or 5 puke piles in the floor. Evidently it didn't set well with Brodie. :rolleyes: That's what he gets! So now he's really messed up!!!

Anita Cholaine
05-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Tons of prayers on th way, Christa!! (((hugs))) Feel better soon... ;)

Donnaj4962
05-15-2006, 04:27 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you have been hospitalized. I hope that you are soon feeling better. Many prayers are coming your way! Keep the purrtherapy going strong! That can work wonders!

christa
06-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I am bumping this up because . . . well, basically because my CT Scan is this week, Thursday morning to be exact, and I am asking for prayers again . . . I want a clean, clear scan of my lungs. No biopsy needed!

I am scared to death, although pretty certain that I am better. I haven't been coughing much at all in the past week . . . but I wasn't coughing at all when I was hospitalized, so I just keep thinking about that . . .

Anyway, keep me in your prayers this week . . . I appreciate my PT family so much. This has been a scare for me and I know that every prayer is heard! I love you all!

jazzcat
06-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Prayers on the way Christa!

christa
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Ever just see someone and they make you cry?

I just *saw* my pastor at the gym and burst out in tears. Can you all believe that I hadn't told my own pastor about all of these health problems that I'd been having? I am so ashamed of myself!

I told him everything and he understood why I hadn't told him . . . I told him that I felt like he was just busy and my problem was too small to bother him with, which is true . . . he said I was crazy but people do that all the time . . . anyway, he prayed with me right there in the hallway of the YMCA and I cried again.

I felt like it was an answer to my prayers though because I had been wanting to ask him to pray for me . . . felt like God just sent him to me. I will feel better knowing that he will be praying for me this week.

shihtzulover850
06-07-2006, 08:50 AM
I will be praying for you. Man that sounds rough. :( :)