PDA

View Full Version : New Puppy?

Presley
05-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi all.
As most of you know I have a just about 6 month old Presley!
I am slowly looking for another puppy. I do know what I want. But I am wondering what what all has been going on with Presley lately would it be wise to add another puppy to our family. I have no children and don't play on ever having any. Presley was around children lots so the new puppy would be as well. Its just i am unsure Presley would be able to handle another puppy because of her seizures she was having. I don't want to wait too long and when i do bring another puppy into the house her be jealous or something. She plays with other dogs All the time and she has a blast with them.... Just does anyone know anything about this kinda stuff?

Melissa & Presley

Former User
05-06-2002, 01:59 AM
Can you ask from your vet if having another puppy will affect Presley? I mean those seizures?

Presley
05-06-2002, 10:42 AM
He says she should be fine. She is active and back to her normal old self..I just wanted to know if anyone here who has a dog who has seizures and might have added another puppy to the family?

Dixieland Dancer
05-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi Melissa,
I have never had a dog who has had seizures. But I would suggest to not rush. Enjoy Presley and learn with her. Give her lots of love and when the right time comes, add a playmate for her.

Labs are great with babies and even if she is a couple years, the difference is not that much. They will still be playmates and bond.

My advice is to wait. Share this time with Presley and learn to train her. The next puppy will be so much easier if you take time with this one!

Cincy'sMom
05-06-2002, 03:49 PM
We waited until Sadie was about 1 year before we added Cincy to our family and they get along great. My sister and brother-in- law waited til their dog was closer to 3 ( a beagle mix) and got a Malamute mix and they also get along very well. Take your time and really look into the dog, don't go on impulse. When we got Cincy, we took Sadie along and let them meet to make sure there was no immediate personality conflicts. Sadie was not overly thrilled, but within a few days she was watchin out for her little sis and still does 6 months later!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
My advice is to wait. Share this time with Presley and learn to train her. The next puppy will be so much easier if you take time with this one!
I agree about waiting a while. Presley has been through so much, it might be wise to give her time to get fully secure in her home and your love before bringing in another upsetting element into it. I've had a cat with seizures and having other cats didn't seem to bother her at all but they were there first. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Presley
05-07-2002, 03:32 PM
I am planing on getting another puppy, But not untill this fall or next spring. I am learning as much as i can from Presley. But i do feel she needs a friend.... We will see what happens... She is fine playing with another dog allday!