PDA

View Full Version : spinning chihuahua-help please!

lute
05-12-2006, 09:25 PM
a friend of mine has a chihuahua puppy. he asked me how to get her to stop spinning in circles. she's not chasing her tail, just running in circles. how do you stop it?

*please read my most recent post.*

luvofallhorses
05-12-2006, 09:35 PM
she may be bored?

cyber-sibes
05-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Hmmm, not sure exactly what you mean. Is she playing? Or does she seem disoriented?
We had a cat once that started walking in circles, had to have him put down. The vet thought it was caused by brain damage, possibly a clot broke free from an old injury (he was a street cat, we were one of his regular caretaker stops, along with the mailman & a couple other places)

Jessika
05-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Hmmm, not sure eactly what you mean. Is she playing? Or does she seem disoriented?
We had a cat once that started walking in circles, had to have him put down. The vet thought it was caused by brain damage, possibly a clot broke free from an old injury (he was a street cat, we were one of his regular caretaker stops, along with the mailman & a couple other places)
That's what I was thinking. We had a hamster at PetCo who would just sit there and run in circles ALL DAY. Turned out he had brain damage. Luckily for him though a coworked adopted him.

I would take him to the vet to get him checked out. You can never be too cautious!!

lute
05-13-2006, 02:29 PM
thanks guys! he said she does it when she's excited and it's really annoying. so how would you stop this habit?

lizbud
05-13-2006, 06:50 PM
thanks guys! he said she does it when she's excited and it's really annoying. so how would you stop this habit?

They should probably teach the dog commands like 'sit' "stay",etc
Obedience commands are for all dogs, big & small.If the dog is always
over excited, teach commands in a very low key voice.

My neighbor has three young Poms & they are excitable too, but they
all have to know commands. "Sit" being the most helpful. :)

lute
05-13-2006, 08:05 PM
thanks lizbud! i'll tell him yer advice! :)