PDA

View Full Version : Kitten nearsited???

Lachesis
05-06-2002, 12:47 AM
Dh and I are thinking Milo might be farsited (can't see close up). If we put a treat down on the bed or floor or even in our hand but still, she can not see or smell (?) it. But if we put it in our hand and wave it around she can see it... and will eat it.

This goes for anything. She doesnt see your hand coming (like to rub or tickle), but she can see if you wave her feather toy around or the laser light, she can see perfect even if it is 20' away.

Any thoughts on this? Her eyes are a very pale pale blue, almost white with a blue tinge.

She is 16 weeks old....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-07-2002, 10:32 AM
Sorry, Lachesis, I'm not going to be much help. Terry has a cousin who has a blind doggie, but I don't know much about eyesight in kitties. My only suggestion would be to take little Milo to the vet and see what their opinion is. I guess I've never heard of eye tests for kitties, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. Hmmmm...what would the solution be, kitty contacts? ;) Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Heather Wallace
05-07-2002, 10:38 AM
sorry I don't know much about it either but please keep us updated on her progress. Maybe the vets will be able to do some kind of test to find out.