PDA

View Full Version : I think Tess is Potty Trained!!!!

purrley
01-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I have been working deligently with Tess on taking her out for potty for the past month and a half. Saturday we had a major break through - she actually went to the door and looked at me like "I gotta go". I let her out and it happened - both pee and poo and I was so excited and proud of her that I loved and praised her for 10 minutes. Next day - same thing - went to the door - I'm so excited. It happened much quicker than I even anticipated. And by the way - in an earlier post I expressed my concern on her ears being dropped - they have since become totally erect and now she looks like a chihuahua instead of a terrier - what a doll. Hope she continues this potty progress, its been 4 or 5 days since she had an accident in the house :D :D :D

PJ's Mom
01-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Woo hoo! Congrats Tess!

it sounds like both you and Mom are home free now! :D

TheAntiPam
01-14-2002, 11:14 AM
One of life's surprise pleasures is watching a baby (of any flavor) develope and learn new things. What a wonderful part of the miracle of life.

I'm so proud of you and Tess for being patient with each other until that patience paid off! HURRAY TESS! HURRAY PURRLEY!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Congrats to you! And Hurray for Tess! Have you posted any Tess pictures yet? Maybe I missed them when I was on vacation. If you didi, please let me knw. I am dying to see that little Tess!

Albea
01-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Congratulations to Tess! That's a good girl :)
And speaking of potty training, this is a baby story, not a pup story, but I thought it was very funny. My niece's little girl, almost 3 years old, was some place with her mom and dad and my niece got up and said: "I'm going to the bathroom." To which the baby asked: "Mommy, are you potty trained?" :D

C.C.'s Mom
01-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Good girl, Tess! Bet your mommy is very happy now (remembering the weeks of Cookie getting house trained...).

purrley
01-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Got about 10 exposures to go and then I'll get the Tess pictures developed. Trying to get pictures of my whole family to post on Pet Talk - won't be long - family album under construction :D :D :D

jackiesdaisy1935
01-14-2002, 02:45 PM
Purrley, Tess is such a sweetie and doing so well. Congradulations on her potty training. Sounds like she has it down really well. What a good girl she is. Hug to Tess. Will be glad to see some pictures.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
01-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Good job Tess!! We are all SO proud of you! Your mom must be bursting with pride!! Can't wait to see pics of the entire group!

yorkster
01-14-2002, 04:44 PM
yeah!!!! It took me a lot longer than that to get my dog trained- you must be doing something right!