PDA

View Full Version : Nice to See The traditon Continues.....Not

lizbud
05-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Can't this group get anything right? :rolleyes: Geeze.

http://www.theindychannel.com/politics/9206597/detail.html

Lady's Human
05-12-2006, 07:08 PM
After reading the story, it is decidedly one-sided. It leaves out WHY the meeting was moved to the Press Secretary's office, (Snow wanted it to be in a more informal setting than the formal briefing room), it leaves out why Snow referred the questions to another official (One of his assistants who has been in the administation far longer than he).

To defer questions that he doesn't know the answer to isn't dodging, it's being honest. A stock answer when giving briefs to questions you don't know the answer to is "I'm sorry, I will find out and get back to you". Better that than fumble around the issue.

Karen
05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
It's just sad that they'd not brief him better so he'd know more and be able to answer more questions. But I [b]would[/r] rather he admit not knowing than fumble and come up with an answer, or be a politician about it and give an answer that had nothing to do with the question asked.

I would not want his job.

DJFyrewolf36
05-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I would not want his job.
Nither would I. It seems like this guy is being thrown to the wolves.

joycenalex
05-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Nither would I. It seems like this guy is being thrown to the wolves.
you don't become a spokesweasel without having a serious ego. he'll be fine. he's worked for years as a news commentator, both written and television, he knows EXACTLY what he's doing.