PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Stains

Edwina's Secretary
05-05-2002, 07:11 PM
I have mentioned before a product called Wineaway that also works wonders on pet stains (they now include that on the label!) Well, here is a story of just how well it works -- ad from the sounds of the party you guys had this weekend it might come in handy...

Friday I was playing outside. My husband, who had just come home from work came to the door and said "Come quick, there's a problem and you aren't going to like it." (Since I had spent the day gettiing my father out of the hospital he MIGHT have used more sensitive language.)

He had gone to get a bottle of RED wine from the wine rack in the dining room with the LIGHT YELLOW carpet. The wine bottle "fell" (oh, those clumsy wine bottles -- always falling! :rolleyes: ) It had of course shattered all over the carpet. After some "discussion" of the best course of action he "agreed" to my "suggestion" that he go to the store for more Wineaway -- rush hour traffic or not.

He returned with the last four bottles the store had in stock. Three of the bottles later (and the half I had on hand) THE STAIN IS GONE!!:D :D It is completely dry now and NO STAIN. Amazing! I will never use anything else!

(p.s. if ten years ago you had told me I would be getting excited about carpet stains...ah, my misspent youth! where oh where did it go!)

AmberLee
05-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Congratulations on the stain being gone and DEEP sympathy on the sudden realization of age. I, personally, have chosen denial as a coping mechanism and it works pretty well.

Yippee for wine-a-way! I've just picked some up recently, but haven't yet taken the effort at spot-cleaning the carpet.

Rachel
05-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Where's K9 Karen? We need someone to lament the loss of a good bottle of wine! And those husbands, seems like they are always out of hearing range when you need them, but visa versa they can come running fast.

krazyaboutkatz
05-06-2002, 12:32 AM
If wineaway can get rid of all kinds of carpet stains it sounds like a great product. I'll have to look for some. Thanks for the info.:) It's okay to get excited about products that actually work.

Edwina's Secretary
05-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Rachel -

The good news is...it wasn't a terrible good bottle of wine! ;)

wolflady
05-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Rachel -

Thank goodness for that! :eek: Since I've come to live out here in the 'wine country', I've come to appreciate wine and have developed quite a taste! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catdrunk.gif

Good thing for that Wine Away! We keep our kitchen stocked with the stuff, thanks to the tip I received here at PT!! LOL LOL

BTW any red wine conniseurs....if you see any David Bruce bottles of wine in the store...buy them!! They're all excellent!;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Yipee!!!!
So glad to hear you got the stain up, I had a similar experience last week.....
My hubby's dad gave him a big fish tank that he wasn't using so he decided to transfer his small reef tank that was in the office into the living room. Well he bought some carbon stuff and managed to spill some in three nice places on the carpet (he also managed to blame it on the cats.....silly husband) Well I was in bed when all of this happened and when I got up the next morning I noticed the spots and got the vacuum to clean it up (the carbon is like these really small black balls) well instead of the carbon vacuuming up they just smeared into the carpet :mad:
We got our stains up with OXYCLEAN though. If any of you have seen that stuff on the t.v. IT IS GREAT. You can put it in your laundry to keep clothes brighter and it has gotten up every stain that has ever been in our carpet. We get it at WalMart.

shais_mom
05-07-2002, 01:55 AM
OXY-CLEAN rocks!!
But just make sure you rinse it carefully b/c both my mom and I have had spots where we left it set over night and that spot is bleached out on our carpets.
One of my friends at work will not wash her work whites without OxyClean! Its good stuff!

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Rachel -

I'M SO RELIEVED SARA - THE DAY WAS TRAUMATIC ENOUGH!!!!!

Lynne