PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch 'Without a Trace' last night?

JenBKR
05-12-2006, 07:46 AM
If you haven't seen it yet and plan to, spoiler alert ahead!

I missed a little piece of it at the end - I saw that they found both kids, one alive and one dead. Did they say which was which???

Zippy
05-12-2006, 08:01 AM
None they cut to the names as jack was walking up to the mothers

JenBKR
05-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Aahhhh that's what I was afraid of! Dang - I had only missed a second or two, but i was hoping that they said which was which in that second. Thanks!

Zippy
05-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Welcome!

lizbud
05-12-2006, 10:24 AM
I watched it and was disappointed they didn't say which one died.
But if you followed the theme of the show, that the black family was
treated so much better than the white family, it would leave me to
believe it was the black boy who died. :( It was a very different kind
of show.

JenBKR
05-12-2006, 10:33 AM
It was a different kind of show. I kind of think it was the black boy who died, because I know that he had gotten into a fight with that guy (can't remember his name) over the $1000. I felt so bad for the mom of the black boy, she had to have been so frustrated!

Laura's Babies
05-12-2006, 10:38 AM
lizbud, change that wording on how that black mother was treated. She was treated like a second class citizen and her sons case was treated like he was not as important as the white girl. It is sad but true and I dare say, happenes all the time in the real world. I think that was the theme of the show, to bring that out and lets just hope that show can change some attitudes of people. A missing child is a missing child, no matter what their color, status or backgraound. ALL should be treated equal by the press and the police. A mothers love has NO color. I felt so sorry for that mother...

JenBKR
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
lizbud, change that wording on how that black mother was treated. She was treated like a second class citizen and her sons case was treated like he was not as important as the white girl. It is sad but true and I dare say, happenes all the time in the real world. I think that was the theme of the show, to bring that out and lets just hope that show can change some attitudes of people. A missing child is a missing child, no matter what their color, status or backgraound. ALL should be treated equal by the press and the police. A mothers love has NO color. I felt so sorry for that mother...

Oh yeah you're right, I understood what lizbud meant so I must have missed that.

BOBS DAD
05-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes... I watched and yes, I was rather disappointed at the creative genius of the ending. I guess the point was "racial inequaity" and the writers/producer felt the ending was irrelevant and paled compared to the theme message. BUT we did just invest an hour into it! I don't like the non ending endings.

The show was good and the point well taken, but I thought they went a little over the top. Like why didn't Jack explain "that it was out of his hands" and that the people up top "were calling the shots". I think that is something that a caring sympathetic co-worker (as he was portrayed) would do. And why wasn't the snotty rich kid's (who lied about Darnell) ass hauled into jail after it became apparent that he had lied and probably killed Darnell. That would have been entirely realistic.

Anyways, you did not miss anything. But Rather, Something Was Missing!

JenBKR
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
I know! I understand that the theme was the most important part, but I need closure! And yes, that punk with the smirk on his face should have been hauled into jail. I thought he was slimy from the first time we met him, and I thought that maybe he was lying.

lizbud
05-12-2006, 11:37 AM

Oops, my mistake. I was getting ready to run out the door to pick up
an Rx at the drug store. I swiched things around in my haste. :o
It was the exact opposite as you said. Sorry.

ps. After thinking about it, I believe the ending was proper & fit the theme.
The moral is....There are no easy answers. I think that is the fantasy we
all want, but rarely happens in real life. Interesting story.