PDA

View Full Version : Need a little 'insight'..... Can anyone help?

PinkSunshine
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
(Mods, admin, if this isn't an appropriate thread here, feel free to delete it, but I'd appreciate a PM with any info you can provide)

I have a question, that has NOTHING to do with PT. But I figure since the forum I have the question about is a VBulletin forum, maybe someone can help me out....

I'm having problems getting my account/posts deleted on another forum. I emailed the ADMIN of the forum asking to have my account deleted as well as all of my posts, since I don't visit the forum anymore and don't want my personal posts somewhere I don't belong to anymore. I emailed him like 3 times polietely asking him to do this before he put "Banned" under my username I didn't ask him to ban me, I asked him to delete me. I've since emailed him another 3-5 times asking him to completely REMOVE me from his site, that I didn't feel comfortable with MY posts on his site. He has never responded back and it seems he's ignoring my request.

Is there ANYTHING I can do? I know it's possible to do (I searched the VBulletin boards) and he's known to be a jerk, so maybe he's not deleting me just to screw with me. Does anyone know if there's anything I can 'threaten' him with (legal action, ect)? Anyone at VBulletin I can contact? Thanks....

Vela
05-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Since he's the admin, and he didn't force you to write any of it or take information illegally from you and post it, there is nothing legally you can do. It's up to him if he wants to delete it or not. There is nothing you can do to "make" him do it if he won't. At least not to my knowledge.

Karen
05-11-2006, 08:37 PM
If you are not actually banned, you can go in and delete all your own posts. It is tedious, but can be done. If you are truly banned- as in you cannot even log into your account, you need to appeal to the admin, but prepared to give a good reason why you want them all deleted, as it will mess up continuity in some threads, especially if you posted there a lot.

PinkSunshine
05-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I tried logging in and couldn't... So I guess that means I'm banned :mad:

I have pictures up there that I don't feel comfortable staying up. I haven't posted there in almost a year so I doubt any of the threads I've posted on are still being posted on.

zoey
05-11-2006, 08:43 PM
More and more, sites have the option at the time of your post you can opt for it to *not be archived*, then it autimatically deletes the post after a week or however long the admin has set it up for. As for deleting them all after the fact, I don't know that it can be done.
Karen says it can be done, then I'd believe it. There's usually always a way to do something, if it's important enough to you. Otherwise I'd let it go. Soon the posts will probobly be old enough, most people won't even look at them. Sorry, not much help here...

zoey
05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Pinksunshine,
I think we posted the last messages same time, i didn't see your more recent post.
Are your pics hosted on a site like flickr?
If so, and they are in your inbox, you can delete them there, and then they won't show on the site you don't want them seen on...

Karen
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I tried logging in and couldn't... So I guess that means I'm banned :mad:

I have pictures up there that I don't feel comfortable staying up. I haven't posted there in almost a year so I doubt any of the threads I've posted on are still being posted on.

If they are things you posted as attachments, there's nothing you can do. If, however, they were hosted somewhere like photobucket, you can delete them from photobucket and the originals will show up as broken images.