PDA

View Full Version : Orange Tabbies

Sam's My Baby
05-05-2002, 02:43 PM
I love orange tabby cats! :) They are so pretty! Does anyone have any or have any pictures of them? And does anyone know why most orange tabby are males?:confused:
Thanks,
Andrea :)

Sia1
05-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I actually have an orange tabby female, Callie, and she has to be one of the loudest, most demanding kitties I've ever come across. She has to have what she WANTS this minute or she'll follow you around the house until you give her what she wants. :rolleyes: She always has tp have a taste or sniff of whatever I'm eating, and I think she keeps me around to open doors, turn on water faucets, or play with her whenever she wants. I figure I'm at her beck-and-call :D :rolleyes: but how can you not love those furbabies?? I couldn't imagine my life without them. :)

wayne0214
05-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Andrea; I have one orange tabby kitten who is about a month old, and havn't named him yet. Your post is interesting in that, now when I look back on the orange tabbys that I have given away in the past, they were all males! However, this little guy I plan to keep. He should be the last of the litters, because all of my furkids are being neutered and spayed this year. Also, that orange tabbys are of the most in demand here, locally. We have a lumber yard in town that seveal years ago had a queen with a few kittens to be given away to their customers. All of the orange tabbys went first!:)

Would anyone out there offer some names for my tabby kitten? His colors are more dark than light with somewhat long fur, and he has one of the loudest crys of any kitten I can remember. A close likeness of him is in the COTD listing for Oct. 19, 1998, named "Murf". .:p

..........wayne

Sam's My Baby
05-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Aww, your kitties sound so cute. Wayne, I found a whole list of cat name for u, here is the link: http://www.petrix.com/catnames/a.html
Hope u find a name that you like!:)

Sia1- You have one special cat there! Female orange tabbies are rare! Even though your cat is so demading, im sure she gives you back lots of love.

:)

Randi
05-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Here's some pictures of our orange tabby, he is very dear to us!

Fister pictures (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291848033)

Sam's My Baby
05-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Aww, Fister looks so adorable! I love his stunning green eyes! Who couldnt love him??:D :D

todd
05-06-2002, 01:06 AM
I have a female orange tabby her name is angel and i got her from the s.p.c.a.:)

yorkster
05-06-2002, 01:11 AM
Randi. I just saw all the Fister Pics in your album. :) He is a very pretty orange boy, and seems to be quite the character :rolleyes:

Isn't this the cat that you said would NOT get to sleep on the bed? :D

Former User
05-06-2002, 01:48 AM
Randi, great pics! I do too love orange cats and hope to get one in few years time (we'll also take Maine Coon). For the time being, Casper and Kitty are our only babies :D

05-06-2002, 03:25 AM
:) I used to have an orange cat when I was young !!! And she was definitely a female !!!!
Her name was TWIST , because she was always chasing her tail !!!! She was a very demanding cat too and very active (loved curtains , hahaha):( --> my mom did not like this ...;) )
Twist was run over by a car on his second birthday ...:mad:

The Cat Factory
05-06-2002, 03:28 AM
Here is our 2 year old orange tabby, Tigger.
http://dingo.care-mail.com/pictures/60/601/104/601044630.gif

Pam
05-06-2002, 06:11 AM
Here's my big boy, Trevor. He is 9 years old and weighs 20 lbs. :)

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6737/images/PI-3-cCoBQIAAExwNSM_6737_0.jpg

cr7clark
05-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Tigger looks like our orange boy Valentine (at the rainbow bridge). Valentine's face was a bit more rounded, but his coloration was exactly like Tigger's. And he was a lover kitty, too, especially with men. Would get in any man's lap who sat down in our house.
Is Tigger vocal? Valentine had more meows, calls and purrs than any cat I've ever had.
Trevor is a handsome boy! Seeing the picture made me want to come and scoop him up and hug on him!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Awww...Fister is as adorable as ever. I can't believe either that he was only allowed in the house under the condition that he would not be allowed in the bed. :D

And Tigger looks like a sweatie too. I guess if I ever got an orange cat I'd have to name him Tigger too, because Tigger is my favorite. t - i - double guh - er.....tigger!

And Trevor is so cute with that face! He certainly doesn't look like he ways 20 lbs!

Although I have to admit the cutest little orange kitty I've seen recently is one that C&K found when looking for Maine Coones. I guess her name is Pride.
http://mainecoons.org/colecoons/pix/310Pride12weeks.JPG
How could anyone refuse that mug?!?!??!

AmberLee
05-06-2002, 10:57 PM
Aw! What cuties they are. I had no idea you had them since early kitten-hood. Somehow I had the idea you adopted them from a shelter as adults...

Is Spencer a Manx? In one of the kitten shots it looks like he has a long fluffy tail?
:confused:

Sia1
05-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Awww Spencer...you sure were a beautiful little boy!! and Xena too..what a cutie. It makes me miss having a kitten around, but then again, I get to sleep the whole night through now (no waking up at 4 AM for feedings..though some of you still have that problem :D )

yorkster
05-06-2002, 11:50 PM
ohhhh, little Spencer is such a cutey :)

I think I want a kitten now........................:rolleyes: :p

TheAntiPam
05-07-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
I have one orange tabby kitten who is about a month old, and havn't named him yet....
A close likeness of him is in the COTD listing for Oct. 19, 1998, named "Murf".

Wow, a Murf look-alike? Wonderful! I hope your little sweetie fills your life with just as much love and joy as Murf the Original did mine!

I've never met a bland orange tabby - they all seem to have personality plus! Of course, I couldn't possibly be biased! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-07-2002, 09:54 AM
Awww, Spencer was such a little doll!!! It's funny though, in the second picture of Spence and Xena, he's kind of holding his head the same way he is in the avatar, and it's almost as if his head is too big for his body. Funny how those characteristics and traits stay with them. Looks like he's been a character from day one. :) Then again, sounds like he'd have to be a tough little one to survive all those fleas and a not so good start in life.

Heather Wallace
05-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Andrea, here is a pic of Riesa, the ginger tabby who I look after quite a lot, she is girl.

Heather Wallace
05-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Also here is a postcard I found, especially for you

Randi
05-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Heather! That is SO cute!! Thanks for sharing!

And Riesa is almost as handsome as Fister! :D Only joking!

purrley
05-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Pictures of the orangies are so cute. Chuck I was also under the impression you adopted Spencer as an adult. What a cutie pie. And of course, Xena is incredible. Just love the Siameezers.:)

Heather Wallace
05-07-2002, 03:17 PM
And Riesa is almost as handsome as Fister! :D Only joking! [/B]

Yes they do look very similar don't they.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Here is my orange baby.......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p8db5141b5a20d6182fc1950356d0d525/fdc12798.jpg

and here he is makin a funny face......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p8ecc882c6d1954a8bafa45d9d53d18e0/fdc12704.jpg

yorkster
05-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Andrea, here is a pic of Riesa, the ginger tabby who I look after quite a lot, she is girl.

Oh.....Riesa is a doll (with an attitude :cool: )
There is something about all orange/ginger cats...............

yorkster
05-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

and here he is makin a funny face......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p8ecc882c6d1954a8bafa45d9d53d18e0/fdc12704.jpg

I Love that picture! :D He looks like he is saying "excuse me? You want me to what??? I'M too cool for that!"

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-07-2002, 07:58 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL
Chuck,
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT MY TWO DO FOR TUNA!!!!!:eek: :p

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 04:20 AM
Sara, Spencer and everyone, great shots of the ginger tabs, such a good thread.

I think ginger cats do have attitude!

wayne0214
05-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Pride looks like my little kitten, except for her size. I suppose that he will look as big as she in about a month or so.

...........wayne

Randi
05-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by yorkster

I Love that picture! :D He looks like he is saying "excuse me? You want me to what???

Exactly!! He is gorgeous!! :cool:

Pam
05-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Chuck I LOVE that picture of Spencer and Ernie in the grass. Spencer is a little doll with his "fuzz" just coming back in. The look on his face is so cute!

BananaCo
05-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Here is my little orange tabby:phttp://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?s=&postid=121015 :rolleyes: ;) :D :) :o

matsubokuri
05-12-2002, 09:37 PM
awwwwww... so cute

AmberLee
05-12-2002, 10:53 PM
BananaCo -- your fur-baby is adorable. That face is so appealing, and her(?) nose and eyes are precious. Thanks for sharing views of your baby. What is his/her name and age?

Matsubokuri -- your fur-baby is precious, too.

Welcome to Pet Talk. Are you neighbors who decided to join PT together?

yorkster
05-13-2002, 02:53 AM
BananaCo & Matsubokuri,
Both your kitties are just precious! :)

Kitty Cass
05-13-2002, 06:42 PM
I've got a female orange cat - she's part Abyssinian though, I wonder if that makes a difference.

http://www.geocities.com/boleyn_70/JC-and-Josephines-Page.htm

She's due to have kittens in about 2 weeks - I'm so excited!

cavialova
05-13-2002, 08:07 PM
i have a neighbor orange tabby cat, he is so nice:)

Pam
05-13-2002, 09:23 PM
Chuck I couldn't get that page to come up but I did go to JC's webpage and I just have to say that is the closest likeness I have ever seen of my Trevor. JC has the same white ring around his nose as Spencer and Trevor!! Trevor probably has a couple of extra pounds on him though. :rolleyes: Great pictures Kitty Cass!

The Cat Factory
05-13-2002, 09:28 PM
Here's my orange tabby Tigger!

Sam's My Baby
05-14-2002, 04:39 PM
Thanx everyone for telling me about your orange tabbies! They are all very sweet!:)

wayne0214
05-31-2002, 04:37 PM
My orange kitten that is about a month old now, I have decided to name him Otis. On second thought, he doesn't appear to be like any of the others I've seen on this thread. He has the usual orange tabby markings except there is a dark orange band that goes from his cheek across his nose and ends on the other cheek. As far as I can tell, this is the only dark orange band on him, and then it is across his face!:)

Since the birth of Otis, my Aby Queen has given birth to two more orange tabbys, both have Abyssinian features. Again, I havn't named them yet. Am waiting for them to get a little older, and not so feral, because she had them hid under a mobile home, and I could not get to them until early this week. They were old enough to come outside, that is when I "grabbed" them with a blanket, and brough them into the house. They were hiding behind what ever they could find, being terrified of me and the other cats. They are just now beginning to play with the other kittens and are also allowing me to pick them up without hissing and biting. Also, they are just now beginning to eat "meaty-goodness" cat food.

............wayne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-31-2002, 04:47 PM
I swear you have the most exciting kitty house, Wayne. There's always some kind of action going on, if it's not the kittens it's a new one you found, or one not eating right or 6 trying to wake you up. What fun! :D

wayne0214
05-31-2002, 06:33 PM
T & P M. thank you for a positive insight. I didn't plan it this way, at least I'm getting a first-hand education in feline raising. Also, now they areall being kept indoors, because in the past I have lost too many prized furkids to dog and coyote raids by not keeping them outside at night. No more! I love all of my furkids and they do reciprocate the same love to me. It is just that it is necessary to learn how to read their eyes, meows , and body language. Also, they keep the house a mess most of the time.

Silver Prince appears to be like a "grand champion" in appearance. He has that feline-dignified look about him, and he is going to be a large cat . He is only 2 months old and already weighs 3 lbs! Also, he is very affectionate, which I consider somewhat unusual for such a large kitten.

BTW, I found that by placing my nose on a feral kittens head,and moving around like is done with my more familiar cats for a " love you" gesture, you can feel the tension and fear leave their little bodies, and they are more prone to acceptance. :D

.......wayne

Kitty Cass
06-05-2002, 04:53 PM
Oh they are so beautiful! I got to watch them being born, and helped out with the cords on #2 and #4.

http://www.geocities.com/boleyn_70/Frodo-Sam-Merry-Pippin-May-29-02.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/boleyn_70/Frodo-Sam-May-28-02.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/boleyn_70/Merry-birth-May-28-02.jpg

So they are 8 days old, and Sam's eyes already started opening on day 5! He's also the biggest and loudest by far.

So there are 3 males and one female.

Will be taking lots more photos soon of course!

Kitty Cass
06-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Don't know why the links won't work. Here are the full addresses to copy and paste -

wayne0214
06-06-2002, 06:32 PM
kitty cass. all three of your photos do not come up on the screen. It shows that they are "not available".:(

....................wayne

Kat Kommando
06-06-2002, 06:45 PM

It's a little more trouble, but the only way you can see the pictures (no thanks to geocities) is to swipe one of the three addresses listed above, copy (ctrl+c), then paste (ctrl+p) into the address on your browser, press enter.

Nice pictures! :)

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 09:58 PM
aw to cute!!!!!!!ill put a pic of my baby Casper...ok maybe hes not a lil baby.(big baby)....but my baby he is a Russian Blue i know this has nothing to do with Tabbys but i cant help but put a pic of him here g3g ttul tt4n

kayla

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 10:18 PM
here is a pic of Casper and my brothers dog Nana who is not this size any more and wouldnt be caught dead with Casper like that today...lol hope yall like the pic g2g ttul tt4n

Kayla

yorkster
06-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Chewmonkey, that's too funny :D :D :D
You should make it a COTD entry!

yorkster
06-07-2002, 12:14 AM
Kitty Cass, those pics were fasinating! I never got to see it when my cat (Liza, RB) had her babes- I was at work and missed it all.
How fun, and they are all orange! :cool: :)

Kitty Cass
06-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Thanks Kat Kommando

Just a note though, to paste using the keys it's (ctrl+V)

I've got more pics already; I don't get anything done at home now, all I do is sit and watch the kittens!

Kat Kommando
06-07-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Kitty Cass
Thanks Kat Kommando

Just a note though, to paste using the keys it's (ctrl+V)

I've got more pics already; I don't get anything done at home now, all I do is sit and watch the kittens!

Opps! :o :o

All orange cats are cool

http://www.fanciers.com/cat-pix/niffi1.gif

ChewmonkeyBC
06-07-2002, 06:33 PM
lol Yokster...i thought yall would like the pic....i have some more pics of casper with nana...the thing now is that nana does not like kittys ...well g2g ttul tt4n

ChewmonkeyBC
06-07-2002, 06:39 PM
my first post i had on here was going to the Fister pic on page one....i didnt no i was going to get pput on the 5 page....but i did like the secound pic of all the kittens together on this page..i think it was Cat Kamando...well g2g ttul tt4n

Kayla

NoahsMommy
06-11-2002, 06:01 PM
I LOVE orange tabbies...my baby Noah is one! Let's see if I can attach a recent picture of him...

NoahsMommy
06-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Doh! Forgot to attach the picture.... :rolleyes:

This is Noah with his favorite Catnip Cigar and his duckie. :)

NoahsMommy
06-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Here's one with Noah resting on his friend the kitty. Funny story....it has a voice box in it paw that when you press it says "MEOW, MEOW, MEOW". Wherever he is in the apartment, he'll come running! :D :) :D

Jme3
06-11-2002, 06:26 PM
I love calicos, they're so cute, smart, and funny. My Ginger,
she's a calico and is such a dear. she follows me, comforts me,
and makes me laugh! She rolls on her back, begs for treats on her hind legs, and chases her sparkle balls like crazy! You might say she acts sort of like a dog!:D (Ha!)

My Grandmother's cat Bow, is ever so strange! He is a polydactle, which may I add means he has more toes than a regular cat. He is also very talkative, and is a joy to be around.:o

Jme3 :o

yorkster
06-12-2002, 12:23 AM
Noahs Mommy, Noah is the cutest! He looks sweet :rolleyes:
I can not believe how big he has gotten.

I MUST KNOW..............Where did you get that kitty that MEOWS??? I think my kittys need one (or two) of those :cool: :)

I like the catnip cigar too :p

yorkster
06-12-2002, 12:27 AM
I meant to attach a pic of both my kitties. First, here is Kedi (aka BooBoo &/or Knucklehead):

yorkster
06-12-2002, 12:29 AM
........and here is Wylie, who lives up to his name:

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-12-2002, 12:44 AM
AWWWWWW
Noah is sooo handsome... I just love the second pic of him snuggling with his friend the kitty....
and Yorkster,,, I don't think I have ever seen your kitties before..
they are soooo beee-yoooo-teeee-ful!!!

Former User
06-12-2002, 02:16 AM
Oh Noah!! I've missed seeing your pics sooooo much! I've always had a soft spot for you and I always will. Look at you, what a handsome boy you are! I know you are 1 year old already, like our kids, time sure flies, Kelly, doesn't it? It's as if we just yesterday got our cuties! And now they are year old already...
Anyway, I absolutely LOVE those pics of Noah, he looks so relaxed on the second one, and hey, look at those whiskers! Are they long or what?

Yorkster, what can I say, wow! Both your cats are adorable! If possible, show more pics :)

yorkster
06-12-2002, 05:27 PM
C&K.........well okay, I'll show some more pics if I have too! :D
Finally got a scanner, so watch out everyone, I might become a 'scanner addict' :p

Hugs & kisses to Casper & Kitty! :cool: :)

Pam
06-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Yorkster **gasp** your cats are gorgeous and I don't think I have ever seen them before. Please do post more!!! You know we all just love pictures here at Pet Talk! Are they just little petite little kitties under all that fur? My Trevor has no long furry coat to hide the fact that he really enjoys a good meal! :rolleyes:

As always Noah is just as handsome as he can be!! He is getting a more mature look too!

yorkster
06-12-2002, 06:08 PM
Thanks Pam!
Actually they are both good sized cats. Wylie is now 15 lbs and still growing some, and Kedi is 13 lbs (he actually should be about 14-15, but has been sick lately and lost some weight)

I still think your kittys are bigger though! :)

NoahsMommy
06-12-2002, 06:10 PM
You are all so sweet! Thank you!! I sure am a proud mommy!!! :) :)

Niina, I CANT believe they are so big already, each time I see C&K I think that too! Wow...time sure does fly!! Thank you for you sweet compliments on Noah, he is my little angel! :D

Yorkster, I LOVE the pictures of Wiley & Kedi!! Such sweeties!! And please, we'd LOVE to see more of them...fire that baby up! :D

Since you all were commenting on my sweet pea, I happen to have a few new pictures of him and his sister Noel.... ;)

This one is of him almost asleep...until mommy bothered him :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-12-2002, 06:13 PM
I know this is for Orange Tabbies....but I feel bad that I haven't posted many of Noah's little sis, Noel....

Here she is....

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-12-2002, 06:53 PM
AWWWWW
That pic of sleepy Noah is just so sweet. I love it. And Noel is such a pretty tortie girl.. GREAT PICTURES..... KEEP UM COMING!!!!!:D :D

Sam's My Baby
06-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Adorable kitties! Everyone keep posting pics! I will try to get pics up of my new kitty soon! :)

Randi
06-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Noah's mommy! I don't think I've seen many pics of your kitties before, they're so adorable! Noah reminds me of Fister when he was little (unfortunately, we only have a few pics from then) and Noel looks so much like Fister's mum! :eek:

I'll try and make a scan of them both later. :)

Former User
06-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by yorkster
C&K.........well okay, I'll show some more pics if I have too! :D
Finally got a scanner, so watch out everyone, I might become a 'scanner addict' :p

Hugs & kisses to Casper & Kitty! :cool: :)

Yup, you HAVE TO show more pics, your cats are simply gorgeous!
Scanner addict sounds good to me, so post more! :D

KittenCloudSprinkles
06-16-2002, 08:34 AM
I just LOVE orange tabbies! I've had three now we have an Odie the third lol they are sooooo cute. I've never seen any FEMALES. but I once heard that cats with 3 or more colors are mostly females so well I dunno I think that IS true. I have a calico cat the person I got it from said that and guess what! It is a female!:cool: :rolleyes: But she is the shyest cat you'll ever meet! Always sticks to me! Oh well! She's cute anyway!

Uabassoon
06-19-2002, 04:15 AM
I have an orange tabby named Corkscrew. He is a total terror, he can open some of the doors in the house and all the cabinets despite the child proof locks. Wherever you don't want him to be that is where you will find him. But I think that's why he's the greatest cat, he always keeps me on my toes.

yorkster
06-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Corkscrew is beautiful! Orange kitties sure seem to have alot of spunk. :rolleyes:
My part orange guy will open drawers and doors too. If we go on vacation, he will open one of the kitchen cabinets and then pull stuff out on the floor. :eek: I think it's our 'punishment' for being gone!
One the other hand, he is the biggest love-machine I've ever had. :)

Kitty Cass
06-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Here's my sweetie Frodo, just a month old today! (June 28). Babies are all getting playful now, and uncle JC can hardly keep up! Josephine is a great mum. Never knew she had it in her - it has helped her get over her shyness.

http://www.geocities.com/boleyn_70/Frodo-June11-2002a-small.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2002, 12:06 PM
Oh what a little sweetie Frodo is!!!! I just love tiny kittens. <sigh>

yorkster
06-28-2002, 04:58 PM
Awwwww Frodo, you are so sweet! (and cute!)
Makes me want a kitten :rolleyes:

Sam's My Baby
06-28-2002, 07:00 PM
Frodo is adorable! I just wanna hug him! I love orange kittens!!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-28-2002, 07:13 PM
AGHGHGHGHGHGH
LOOK AT THOSE LITTLE BITY KITTY FEET!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
AND LITTLE BITY BABY KITTY EARS!!!!:eek:
IM IN LOVE ... IM IN LOVE... IM IN LOVE!!!!!!

Pam
06-28-2002, 08:16 PM
Oh Frodo is soooo precious! He looks a lot like my Trevor might have looked at that age, although I didn't meet Trev until he was 3 lbs. What a tiny little cutie!

yorkster
06-28-2002, 10:43 PM
I think Frodo is going to be a big guy...........by looking at those feet ;) He sure is cute though!

The Cat Factory
06-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Here's another pic of Tigger...

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/A8/F4/10372008-456a-00C90133-.jpg

yorkster
06-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Tiger looks sweet :) and very pretty!

Nomilynn
06-30-2002, 04:11 AM
I had a big orange tabby named Cleady. Then one day, he just disappeared. For about five days he didn't come home, and then one night, I was almost asleep, and I heard purring. I thought, "That's funny.. the other cat is downstairs.." so I sat up in bed, looked around, and nothing was there. I figured it must have been my imagination. So I lay back down again, and I hear purring.. by now I'm awake so I know it's not my imagination, but there was nothing in the room. I rolled over, and as I did (ok.. now I'm getting goosebumps) I felt a lump down by my feet where Cleady always used to lay when he slept on my bed. I looked down there, and there was nothing there.. so I'm scratching my head, moving my leg back and forth, back and forth, and there is this lump and the purring sound the whole time. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I said, "Hi Cleady.. I know you are here.." That night when I slept I had a dream that Cleady was in a big field of flowers, running and jumping like crazy (which he was having a hard time with when he went missing because he was developing arthritis), chasing a huge butterfly. It was sunny and warm there, and the flowers were EVERYWHERE.. fields and fields of them.. I think that's what Rainbow Bridge must look like, because after that night, I knew he was ok, and I haven't heard from him since. But that's ok, because I know I don't have to worry. (sniff sniff) :)

The Cat Factory
06-30-2002, 05:32 PM
Thanks! Cleady sounds like he was a wonderful kitty!

yorkster
07-01-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I had a big orange tabby named Cleady. Then one day, he just disappeared. For about five days he didn't come home, and then one night, I was almost asleep, and I heard purring. I thought, "That's funny.. the other cat is downstairs.." so I sat up in bed, looked around, and nothing was there. I figured it must have been my imagination. So I lay back down again, and I hear purring.. by now I'm awake so I know it's not my imagination, but there was nothing in the room. I rolled over, and as I did (ok.. now I'm getting goosebumps) I felt a lump down by my feet where Cleady always used to lay when he slept on my bed. I looked down there, and there was nothing there.. so I'm scratching my head, moving my leg back and forth, back and forth, and there is this lump and the purring sound the whole time. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I said, "Hi Cleady.. I know you are here.." That night when I slept I had a dream that Cleady was in a big field of flowers, running and jumping like crazy (which he was having a hard time with when he went missing because he was developing arthritis), chasing a huge butterfly. It was sunny and warm there, and the flowers were EVERYWHERE.. fields and fields of them.. I think that's what Rainbow Bridge must look like, because after that night, I knew he was ok, and I haven't heard from him since. But that's ok, because I know I don't have to worry. (sniff sniff) :)

What a great story about Cleady.................I have tears in my eyes.

yorkster
07-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey, speaking of orange tabbies..................
I am 'fostering' a little 8 week old orange boy right now! He is so cute!
I went to the vet on Sat. and there was a woman there who rescues stray/feral/abandoned cats. She had a litter of 7 kittens that had been dumped at 10 days old (WHAT is wrong with people?!!)
Anyway, she took them home and bottlefed them all. She was asking people to either adopt some OR help her foster because she was getting over-run with kittens. :eek:
I said I would take one, and asked her which one had the nicest personality. She said "oh, for sure the little orange boy here" :)

This is day 3, and we are getting kind of attached :rolleyes:
Our 2 kitties aren't too happy right now, but no fights or hissing have occurred either, so..................maybe we might keep him! YEA!!!
I'll post some pics of the little cutey when I get my film back.

The Cat Factory
07-01-2002, 04:57 PM
Hopefully you can keep him!!!

yorkster
07-02-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
Hopefully you can keep him!!!

I hope so! He is quite active , but oh so entertaining :)

Kitty Cass
07-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Okay here's the lot.

They're 5 and 1/2 weeks old now.

Kitty Cass
07-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, can't seem to figure out how to attach more than one picture to a single post, so here they are separately.

Kitty Cass
07-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Sam

Kitty Cass
07-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Frodo

Sam's My Baby
07-05-2002, 02:39 PM
YOUR CATS ARE SOOO CUTE! I just wanna hug them all!!!!!!!!:D :D :)

yorkster
07-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Kitty-Cass, their eyes all look blue. Are they?
They are adorable! :rolleyes: :)

Uabassoon
07-06-2002, 12:06 AM
if you like orange tabbies please please please vote Corkscrew for the Science Diet superstar pet of the month. If he wins we get a years supply of science diet, so please please please vote. The link is at the bottom of my signature:D

popcornbird
07-06-2002, 02:39 AM
Kitty Cass, your kittens are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get my eyes off of them! They are so sweet and tiny!

By the way, I voted for Corkscrew. He or she is at 20% now!

noahmason
07-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Tubby and Peanut's mom - I LOVE that pic of the orange kitten!! So cute!! Here's my Noah

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Inever knew most tabby's were males, what an intriguing fact.

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2002, 02:35 AM
I just now saw this thread. Wow http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/eek8.gif there sure are a lot of great pictures in this thread. I'm also an orange cat lover. Sunny is half aby and half tabby. Here's his picture. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p249de28262ed6152ab50cb1d7ec94cc5/fdaf77b2.jpg

Here's a picture of Puff. I had her when I was a kid. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p16b1a1d92b8ae18a0ee8bcfd0e6660ac/fdaf777c.jpg

Sam's My Baby
07-13-2002, 08:27 AM
OMG!:eek: :eek: ur cats are sooo beautiful!

Randi
07-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Yorkster! How is it going with the little orange boy? Are you keeping him?? :D

Karen
07-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lovemymaltese
Inever knew most tabby's were males, what an intriguing fact.

It's not that most tabbies are male, it's that most "orange" tabbies are male. Any other kind of tabby it's not predictable. The reason is " a female orange cat can only happen when both parents carry the red(or orange) gene. That is why most orange cats are male; only one of their parents need to carry the gene."

Randi
07-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Karen, that's interesting! I didn't know. I'd like to be able to go back and see Fister's grandparents. :) Fister and his sister was the last litter his mum had before she got neutered, but before that, she had 5 totally black kittens.

This is Fister's mum and sister

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pc9e164ad25e768a2076ebe14f13907af/fd93adca.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Karen

It's not that most tabbies are male, it's that most "orange" tabbies are male. Any other kind of tabby it's not predictable. The reason is " a female orange cat can only happen when both parents carry the red(or orange) gene. That is why most orange cats are male; only one of their parents need to carry the gene." That's very interesting because my first cat Puff was a female DLH orange tabby and her mother was a DSH orange tabby. Puff had two litters of kittens and they were all orange tabby's. The father was also a DSH orange tabby. Some were going to have long hair and some were short hair. She had six in the first litter and five in the second litter. I seem to remember that there were quite a few females. I don't know what Puff's father was.

yorkster
07-14-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Yorkster! How is it going with the little orange boy? Are you keeping him?? :D

Well, yes we are keeping him- I kinda new that would happen :rolleyes: (I admit I was sort of being sneaky, cuz I knew my hubby would not want to let him go- hehehe!)
We named him Rudy and I will post some more pics when the film is back. His best buddy right now is the dog!

Kitty Cass
07-29-2002, 12:56 PM
Well I just had 3 weeks of holidays and got to spend so much time with the kittens - I need to take more photos this week as they've changed so much! They're 9 weeks old now and tearing the place apart!

Their eye colour started changing a few weeks ago - Frodo's eyes are almost all gold now, to match his fur. The other three are much slower to change, they're still sort of slate blue with the gold lightly starting in the centre outwards.

yorkster
07-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Yes definately, we want to see some new pics! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2002, 12:24 AM
I second that motion. Please post some new pics. :)

soleilani
08-04-2002, 01:53 AM
Here's a picture of my orange and white tabby when he was a kitten. His name is Alfie, he's now 8 years old. He's pictured with his best friend, Solo, who passed away March 2002. :( Alf had a bit of a meltdown after Solo died, but he has two new friends and he's back to his happy, playful self now.

http://members.aol.com/leilanijo/s-a.jpg

Soleilani

yorkster
08-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Soleilani, I can't see your pic :(
Welcome to Pet Talk BTW :)

yorkster
08-04-2002, 03:58 PM
right after i posted that i could not see your pic, it came up :confused:
Both of your kitties are beautiful!

mspoisel
08-14-2002, 01:00 AM
Found this on a website at http://www.westcoastcat.com/scratchins/orangecats.html:

Are All Orange Cats Male?

Are All Calico Cats Female?

Dear Tabby explains the Birds and Bees and how your Cat’s Colour is Determined

All cats have 19 pairs of chromosomes. These chromosomes carry genes passed down from a cat’s two parents, and these genes determine a cat’s physical appearance, innate intelligence, susceptibility to disease and so on. There’s a copy of all 19 pairs of chromosomes in every cell of a cat’s body.

Like humans, cats have one pair of sex chromosomes. These are the ones that make them male or female and they play an essential role in determining a cat’s colour. In females, both sex chromosomes are X making girl kitties XX. Males are XY, the Y making them male. A kitten gets one chromosome from Mom and one from Dad. Moms only have X’s so the variable is given by the Dad, if he gives his X, the kitten is a girl, if he gives his Y, it is a boy.

The gene which makes a cat ginger (orange) is located on the X chromosome. The gene for ginger will override all other colours. Since males have only one X, they either are or aren’t ginger - no halfway about it. Girl cats have two X’s in each cell. As far as the cells are concerned two X’s is one too many, so each cell deactivates one of the X chromosomes in a fairly random fashion. Sometimes the ginger X will be left on producing a bit of orange fur and in some cells the ginger X will be turned off and the genes for black, brown or other colour fur will be produced. And there you have a Calico or Tortoiseshell Cat.

Since males only need to have the orange gene on one chromosome to become ginger, and females have to have it on two, ginger males outnumber females 3 to 1. To show both orange and another colour such as black or brown a cat has to have two different X chromosomes per cell. Therefore calico (or tortoiseshell) female cats outnumber males by at least 200 to 1, some stats go as high as 3,000 to 1. When a male tortie does appear, (a result of a mutation producing two X’s and one Y) he is invariable sterile and exhibits feminine behaviour such as nurturing nearby young.

Why do we have so many orange and white cats? Because white isn’t a colour but the absence of colour. The genes that cause the suppression of colour are stronger than the genes for any colour including the mighty orange. Since white isn’t a colour and is merely hiding the genes for colour, white cats often produce coloured kittens.

All this talk about birds and bees! - I’m taking a break and going hunting!

Kitty Cass
08-14-2002, 06:13 PM
My Josephine's babies prove the 3-1 orange theory - there are 3 males, one female!

Here are photos from yesterday, they are 11 weeks now. Sheesh do I ever love them!

Kitty Cass
08-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Here's Sam

Kitty Cass
08-14-2002, 06:20 PM
and Merry

Kitty Cass
08-14-2002, 06:22 PM
And my princess Mathilda (Pippin just wasn't a feminine enough name for her!)

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Kitty Cass your kittens are sooooo adorable. Are you going to keep any of them? It would be very hard for me to give any of them away. I love orange cats. :)

Kitty Cass
08-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Yes I'm planning on keeping Mathilda for sure. Frodo is going to live with my best friend, so I'll still get to see him often. Sam and Merry don't have new homes yet, but they're so cool I don't mind having them for longer!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Thank goodness I'm all alone in my department today...I'm almost in tears because they are SOOOOOOO cute!!!! How amazing that you have four orange babies!! I would be in heaven!!! :)

yorkster
08-20-2002, 07:54 PM
kittycass, your kitties are all adorable!!! so lucky to have 4 orange babies :) :cool:

Kitty Cass
09-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Well boohoo for me, my little Sammy went to his new home on Sept. 1st! I phoned them the next day to ask how he had taken the move, and they said he was so happy to meet the kids and have all the attention, and he couldn't have cared less about the ride in the cat carrier! I was so relieved that he'll be settling in just fine! But I sure miss the little booger. Took some final pics of him that day.

krazyaboutkatz
09-04-2002, 11:41 PM
Awwwww, he's such a sweetheart. I'm so glad that he has a forever home. :)

AmberLee
09-05-2002, 01:11 AM
What an adorable baby. I'm sure you are missing him, but it sounds like his new 'forever' home is great for him. That's got to be a relief.

neko1
09-10-2002, 04:55 PM
I have an orange tabby but I have a female! She is the sweetest thing, she's such a marmalade cat!

toughCookie
09-12-2002, 04:46 AM
my Cookie was a female, orange tabby

libracats
09-20-2002, 07:42 PM
Here is my orange baby "Chat"(french for cat) I have had him since he was 1 week old. He was abandoned(with his sister, Deja, who I also have) at days old. He and his sister were put in a box and left in a park. "Chat"(pronounced sha) is seen here in his normal sleep pose.:)

AmberLee
09-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Wow! Chat is such a cutie. Would you please snuggle him for me, please. (Or alternate affectionate touch of his choice. ;) )

yorkster
09-20-2002, 10:26 PM
what a pretty kitty Chat is, and I love his 'pose'....................those orange guys are so fun :p :D !

Kitty Cass
09-25-2002, 10:47 AM
Wow, Chat looks just like my Josephine and her son Merry! Super sleek!

jenluckenbach
09-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Sam's My Baby
does anyone know why most orange tabby are males?:confused:
Thanks,
Andrea :)

80 % of orange tabbies are male. It is a genetic thing like calico being only female.

Male orange tabbies have the best personality, but the females I have run up against are more standoffish. Does anyone agree?

krazyaboutkatz
09-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

80 % of orange tabbies are male. It is a genetic thing like calico being only female.

Male orange tabbies have the best personality, but the females I have run up against are more standoffish. Does anyone agree? I do agree that the males tend to have the best personality. I had a female DLH orange tabby and she was a good cat but it was like she had a split personality. She could be very sweet or very mean. She wasn't lovey dovey like my male cats now are but only wanted love on her terms. She'd lash out and bite me if I pet her when she didn't want me to. I was only a kid at the time and I never really bonded with her like I have with my 3 cats now. Here is a picture of her.

jenluckenbach
09-26-2002, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the picture. Beautiful ! She looks like my orange DLH, Amber, who also is a strange personality. we call her "mad faced cat" or "the snob". we also have not really bonded, but my husband adores her, so I don't feel guilty. Now my orange male cats on the other hand, could not be more loving.

p.s. I wanted to tell you that your 3 are STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL cats:cool:

krazyaboutkatz
09-26-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Thanks for the picture. Beautiful ! She looks like my orange DLH, Amber, who also is a strange personality. we call her "mad faced cat" or "the snob". we also have not really bonded, but my husband adores her, so I don't feel guilty. Now my orange male cats on the other hand, could not be more loving.

p.s. I wanted to tell you that your 3 are STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL cats:cool: Your welcome and thank you for the compliment. Storm, Pepper, and Sunny aren't only beautiful on the outside but they have great personalities as well. Since I've never had children, they are my children and I love them very much. :D

todd
09-29-2002, 09:28 PM
my angel cat goto this link.
http://community.webshots.com/user/tocat3