PDA

View Full Version : It's always something...

barncat
05-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Wednesday I came out of work (I teach in the inner city of Milwaukee) to attend a school function, and found my car had been stolen.

It is an old car but it is the only one I have. It also contains teaching materials and personal items that can not be replaced. I am not in a good spot financially and this just about does it. Another teacher very generously is loaning me a spare car his family is trying to sell and the administrators are being kind. I am grateful for that but I am just so tired of struggling!

I know that kids probably took it and have no clue as to what hardship they created...but d***n!

JenBKR
05-11-2006, 09:59 AM
((((hugs)))) Oh I am so sorry, what a horrible thing for someone to do. Did you report it? Did you tell your insurance company? I completely understand about being tired of struggling. If you ever need to talk PM me.

Laura's Babies
05-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Awww Gee! I learned a long time ago that people will steal ANYTHING no matter how small, cheap or damaged.. It is a game to them but it inconviences the ones they steal from. They stole your car for a few hours of fun not caring what it would do to your life (OR theirs if they get caught!)... It is just a shame what this world has come to. This will always hang over their heads and sooner or later, they will pay for it, I have no doubt about that.

Samantha Puppy
05-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah, your insurance should definitely be able to help you out here. That's what you pay it for - just in case - and in your case, it happened!

Karen
05-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Oh, I hope they find it with your materials still intact. You have our sympathy!

catnapper
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm right there with ya! Hubby also teaches in the inner city - people have NO CLUE just how hard inner city teachers struggle. All they do is tell us "at least you have the summers off".... I'm sure you know what I mean!

Sorry about your car being stolen. Do the police have any leads?

Zippy
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh sorry about your car.But your right there is alwas something.It is nice that someone is loaning you there exata car and that you bosses understand

Donnaj4962
05-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your car. I know what it is like to just not have the car when it is in the shop.... but to have it stolen! :eek:

I can only iomagine what you are feeling, especially since they got away with some personal items. The word "violated" keeps coming to mind. I am so sorry, and I hope that the insurance company and the police can help in the recovery/replacement.

Cataholic
05-11-2006, 03:24 PM
If it is an older car, and it appears that it is, she might not have had 'full' coverage on it. So, it might not be an insurance issue.