PDA

View Full Version : Can I Rant? I Need To Rant.

Jessika
05-11-2006, 12:03 AM
So. Our roomate. Who is LEAVING THIS WEEKEND (thank God...).

She seriously does not understand how to deal with animals :rolleyes:

She has this chihuahua/rat terrier mix. NO training at ALL, and he is NOT fixed. She does NOT have time to take care of him. Her idea of "taking him outside" is letting him out on the back porch. She NEVER takes him for walks. He spends the majority of the time either locked up in her bedroom or in his crate.

Not only that, but he marks. EVERYTHING. And he poops EVERYWHERE. Everytime he poops and I point it out to her she gets like upset, like how dare he poop inside when she never takes him out :rolleyes: Oh, AND, our room is in a loft with no door, just stairs. We have to gate it to keep him out, otherwise he runs upstairs and pees all over our bed. But only on our bed!

She also thinks she can just DUMP him at a kennel and have them wave a magic wand and he will be trained in a week. She does not understand that eventhough he has been trained to respond to certain commands, that does not mean he IS trained, and training needs to be instilled and followed through for the rest of his life!

Now, my dogs aren't perfect either and I don't claim them to be. Jamie has accidents, Charlie poops inside sometimes, but they don't do it on a regular or daily basis like Peanut does! I have NO PROBLEM cleaning up messes, be it from my dogs or hers. But she will come home on break and Charlie pooped... she cleans it up.. acts like its no big deal.. goes back to work and b*tches about it to HJ!! Like dear slkfjslkdflkjsfkjl if its THAT big a deal, leave it, and I will clean it up when I get home! And its not like I haven't had to deal with your dog PEEING ON MY BED AND MY BELONGINGS AND ALL OVER THE HOUSE before!!

Jamie got sick, had diarrhea. We were gone, she couldn't hold it in and had an accident on the carpet. She made a big deal about how it smelled, blah de blah.

And Jamie has had significantly LESS accidents lately, maybe one in the last week (diarrhea aside), and Charlie pooped inside ONCE. Peanut poops inside on a daily basis, multiple times a day. AND SHE TRIES BLAMING IT ON THE CAT!!!!!!!

One time Peanut peed on HER bed... SHE TRIED BLAMING IT ON DOUBLE-OH because he was "closest to the bed". I know some of you own Chi mixes here.. they are fast little dogs! And besides, cat urine smells strongly of ammonia, dog urine does not. Can you guess what it did not smell like?? Yup. It was dog urine, but of course Peanut is a perfect angel and would nevverrr do that... :rolleyes:

Then tonight (the real reason that brought on this rant) our dogs are N-O-T allowed in her room, which is understandable since Peanut is not allowed in ours (but we have a reason, he pees on our stuff, whereas her reason is just out of annoyance). Tonight I hear her YELLING at Jamie from her room, "JAMIE, DOWN! DOWN!!" shouting at her! Then she gets up, yells "JAMIE, CHARLIE, OUT!!!" and slams her door shut!!

First off, don't SHOUT at my dogs, you will confuse them. Secondly I have tried telling her this multiple times - DOGS ARE NOT HUMANS. They do not understand English! They understand commands. If she told Jamie, "Jamie, down. Jamie, go lie down!" Jamie would have got down and walked out of the room, plain and simple. But shouting "DOWN!!" at her, she is not going to know what you want her to do, then you will confuse her, and then she will think she is in trouble because you are shouting at her!!

Its just URGH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm telling you have patience, but nooooo.. she assumes dogs should automatically know right from wrong and understand what you tell them the first time! :rolleyes: I tell her CONSTANTLY, keep your bathroom door closed or the dogs WILL get into the trashcan. Well guess what? She leaves it open, they get in the trashcan. She gets mad and can't understand why. :rolleyes: She leaves pizza out, they get into it, she can't understand why. :rolleyes: She leaves a pack of paper towels out and they shred them one day while we're at work, and SHE gets mad at THEM!

You can NOT tell a dog, "hey here are your toys on the floor!" and then get mad at them for playing with stuff on the floor. You can NOT tell a dog "here play with this stuffed animal!" and then get mad when they chew up your favorite stuffed animal. :rolleyes:

Sorry.. I'm done, I promise. I just REALLY, REALLY needed to vent before I go crazy on her and say things I will regret!!! Thankfully she is gone THIS WEEKEND!!!

Sevaede
05-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Wow, thankfully for your sanity that she is leaving! I'll do a jig! :D

She seems to be a bit neglectful.

I would say, "Sorry crazy lady, kitty tootsie rolls don't look like dog turds. In any case, my companion *knows* where to go potty."

Let me at her, let me at her! :mad: I would be raising hell if someone started screaming at my companions for no good reason (or any reason at all). I'm short tempered like that. Heh. :D

Poor you and poor Jamie! I hope she is feeling better and you regain your lost marbles. :D :)

AbbyMom
05-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I would say "Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out."

Good riddance.

moosmom
05-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Abby's Mom has the right idea. Just let me say "Buh-bye now!!!" God help her NEXT roommate!!

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Can we help her pack??? Adios!! :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

carole
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Count your blessings you are getting rid, and feel sorry for her next roomies, but gee i do feel sorry for her poor dog. :(

Zippy
05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I fell sorry for her poor dog.Some people should not be pet owners. :mad:

Jessika
05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh HJ can't stand the dog, and neither can I, but we both know its not his fault that his owner is neglectful. Well I take that back - I can't stand the stuff he DOES. He really is a sweetheart.. when he isn't trying to hump you or pee on your leg :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I really do feel better now, thankfully I will be working this weekend so I won't be around to help her move her stuff out.. :D

Jessika
05-15-2006, 03:08 PM
She's all moved out, YES!!!

But here's the kicker. To solve her "problem" with the dog, her parents bought her a kennel so she can just keep him outside :rolleyes:

Not only that, but she showed up with A KITTEN Saturday when they came over to move her stuff out. She can't even take care of ONE animal now, why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does she think she is responsible enough for an 8 week old kitten??? :mad:

Catty1
05-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Might there be any point in reporting her dog's present living conditions, and his past, to Animal Services...and adding that she now has a kitten?

I feel for those animals.

How old is this twit?

Jessika
05-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Same as me, a little older actually, 21 :(

I mean, he's fed and watered and healthy, she's just "too busy" for him. And the state will be like "well is he fed and watered and has adequate shelter? then he's fine". :(

luvofallhorses
05-15-2006, 08:33 PM
geeze, I am glad she's gone. :mad: I am sorry you had to go through that but I feel sorry for Peanut. :( Some people don't deserve animals.. PERIOD! :mad: