PDA

View Full Version : Our Pop-up Camper *pics*

Kfamr
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Caseysmom wanted to know more about our pop-up.

We bought it from my boss' father-in-law for $1900 (I *think* that's what my dad said.) They had used it only once or twice. It does have a bit of damage (they had left the lights on while it was closed once and it burnt a hole in a part of it, but not a big one.)

It has an AC unit, stove, beds, sink, table (the third bed turns into a table.) It's really very nice. Simba loves it. :p We're hauling it with my dad's Chevy Truck... I believe a Silverado?

We will be staying in it a few days at Indian Lakes State Park in OHIO the end of this month. :)

Attached are a few photos.

The first is the outside/door.
The second is sitting on one bed, looking towards the other, and the table/third bed.
The third is on the other bed.
And the fourth is one of my sweet boy for the heck of it. You can see the burn behind him.

.sarah
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Looks nice! It seems so small from the outside but looks spacious on the inside. Simba looks so cute! :D

caseysmom
05-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Kay, You got an amazing deal, I have been looking and new they are between 7 and 12,000. Rockwood is a good brand.

You will have a blast!

slleipnir
05-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Do you need a truck to pull one, or can a car do it?

ramanth
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Very nice! :D

Samantha Puppy
05-11-2006, 08:22 AM
I didn't know they still made them! Looks cool... have fun!!! (And I love the smile on Simba's face!)

elizabethann
05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
It's a cute camper! Looks like Simba found a good sleeping spot.

caseysmom
05-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Kay, If your Dad needs help motorhomemagazine.com is a very active website and lots of info from experienced rv'ers. There is a section for popups called "foldingtrailers".

I go on there all the time to get info and help make a decision.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-11-2006, 09:55 AM
That's so awesome, Kay. If I had something like that I might actually travel.

Kay, You got an amazing deal, I have been looking and new they are between 7 and 12,000. Rockwood is a good brand.

You will have a blast!
My friend paid $11,000 for a brand new camper. It's the smallest full-sized camper they could find. It has a full bathroom (toilet, sink, and shower) and a full kitchen (refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, sink, table) and of corse a bed. It's so nice. I know they got it at an end of the year sale, that might be your best deal.

Another friend of mine has a HUGE RV. I have no idea what they paid for it (a whole lot, that's for sure). It's like driving around in a house. Her husband had to get a trucker license and a Chevy 4500 to pull it. They travel with their 5 dogs and 2 cats in it. :eek:

My dad's been looking at campers now too.

Laura's Babies
05-11-2006, 09:59 AM
That looks so comfy!! What a way to go!

Cataholic
05-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't really see any room for Jonah's crib? :eek: :D

That is what we used to camp when I was younger. Well, after we graduated up from a tent! I would consider getting one of those for Jonah and I....but, then, I would need something a leeeeeeeeeettle more powerful than a Honda Civic, I think. :D

Lobodeb
05-11-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't really see any room for Jonah's crib? :eek: :D

Teehee...I was thinking the *exact* same thing!

It looks really roomy and comfy though! Kay, is this how you'll be getting to Ohio?