PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

funnybunnygirl
05-05-2002, 07:05 AM
I have a Dwarf Hotot rabbit,6 months old, named Jelly McBean. She weighs only 2 and a half puonds and is a very sweet, cuddly bunny.
Recently I have seen a kind of white, pasty, gunk in her litter box. I know that means she has too much calium in her diet, but I don't know what to do. Should I take her off alfalfa pellets completely?

Please, if anyone has ANY advice, post a reply.

Karen
05-05-2002, 08:08 AM
Yes, take her off alfalfa pellets. Give her Timothy hay, once they are full grown they don't need the extra calcium.

For more info, go to http://rabbit.org - the House Rabbit Society's website. Congratulations on your bunny, by the way - I bet she's a cutie!

Heather Wallace
05-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Hi and welcome to pet talk. We talked about this for ages a while back but you missed it as your new here. I think they call it sludge and yes your right it is to much calcium in the diet. Stop giving so much pellets, instead veg and hay. Timothy West Hay is the best as it is high in fibre.

Hope to speak to you more very soon.

funnybunnygirl
05-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Heather,
I loooooooooove the picture of the buns you enclosed! They are so adorable! :D

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 04:07 AM
Thanks they are much bigger now as the babies are now 6 months old. Three have found new homes :( but all together I have four including mum.

I have attached a few more pics for you to have a look at since they are older. How you like them.

This is Ebony and her mum Bunny

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 04:08 AM
and here is twinkle Bunny's son

Heather Wallace
05-08-2002, 04:10 AM
And her is her other son Cadbury, just for you!

funnybunnygirl
05-09-2002, 02:45 PM
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIES!

I absolutely LOVE Ebony, she has the same face kind as my cutie. I'll send a pic if I get the chance,

:D