PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - 159 - GO GET IN LINE

gini
05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Go get your dancin' shoes - we are going to do some LINE DANCIN' this week.

Somebody put away the good china from last week - it gets pretty rowdy when we all dance. Mario - quick get in line with Lady and the Orc.

And the DOTD is:

HAPPY DAYS!

0.5 fl. oz. of Malibu
0.5 fl. oz. of Peach Schnapps
Dash of Advocaat
1.0 fl. oz. of Orange Juice
1.0 fl. oz. of Pineapple Juice
1.0 fl. oz. of Double Cream
Ice
Suggested Garnish
Raspberry

Mixing Procedure
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with the ice, shake, strain into a martini glass, garnish with a Raspberry.

RICHARD
05-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Go get your dancin' shoes - we are going to do some LINE DANCIN' this week.

Somebody put away the good china from last week - it gets pretty rowdy when we all dance. Mario - quick get in line with Lady and the Orc.

And the DOTD is:

HAPPY DAYS!

0.5 fl. oz. of Malibu
0.5 fl. oz. of Peach Schnapps
Dash of Advocaat
1.0 fl. oz. of Orange Juice
1.0 fl. oz. of Pineapple Juice
1.0 fl. oz. of Double Cream
Ice
Suggested Garnish
Raspberry

Mixing Procedure
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with the ice, shake, strain into a martini glass, garnish with a Raspberry.

LET ME GET YOU ONE...DONE! :D

i shouldhave my home comp fixed on line friday!

davidpizzica
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. . . I'll be absent from the bar for two days. I'm going on a little trip to Niagara Falls! It's my bowling banquet. About 15 of us are going up by bus. RICHARD, let me know how the line dancing is going. What a sight to see Orc line dancing! BTW, I'll have a DOTD to get started with!

RedHedd
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Line Dancin'! Count me IN! Mario, stop throwing raspberries! :D

One, two, three ... kick
Four, five, six .... dip
Seven, eight, nine .... turn & Jump and ...
Duck to miss flying raspberry :p

slick
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
OMD!!! LINE DANCING!!!!! Did you guys know that I was in a line dance team once?? Yup.....we performed all over Vancouver and even marched in many a parade. Heeeeeee Haawwwww!!! I've got my boots and spurs on and ready for some down home dancin'.

I can teach y'all Boot Scootin Boogie, God Bless Texas and a bunch of others. Any takers????

One double DOTD please. :)

Jessika
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
ok call me dumb... but I've been wondering this for months now... what IS this Thursday "ritual" of yours' that you all do?? :confused:

slick
05-10-2006, 06:34 PM
No question is a dumb question. Here's my explanation of it and I'm sure others will chime in.

Thursdays started out 3 years ago when Richard started a thread on a Thursday and opened up the "cyber" bar much like Cheers. From there it snowballed. It's turned into a place where we can come and enjoy good food, good friends and laughter, and the occasional Drink of the Day. The only requirement is the willingness to have fun and leave the "attitude" at the door. There are no political discussions or aguments allowed. The idea is come and sit down, relax by the fire and just chill.....or you can take part in the festivities.

We have a big fireplace and lots of applewood out back. Our mascots are Tray's Mario, Lady the pup belonging to Lady's Human, and Oggyflute's Possum. You have to be careful of Mario because he loves to eat cherries and throw the pits around. **ducks head** Just like that!! :rolleyes:

Everyone is welcome and the only thing we ask newcomers to do is tell a joke the first time around. So...fire away and welcome.

Karen
05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I packed up all the good china yesterday, as Mario was eyeing it at a toy, and I just did;t want to take the chance.

No, Lady, the line dancers do NOT need to be herded, they are not cows, and while I know you're friends with the Border Collie across the street, you don;t need to be pickin' up his bad habits!

Slick, I may not be the most co-ordinated student you've evr had, and I'm in ssneakers, not cowboy boots, but I'm ready - teach away!

Corinna
05-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I will watch since I have 2 left feet. I think I will have a DLC please. I'll sit on the the couch and not bother any one. Little sad today http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=104541

Karen
05-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Lady, be a good girl, and go snuggle up to Corinna, okay? She needs some velvet-eared, black and white doggie love right now. Good girl, Lady.

Hugs to you, Corinna.

captain
05-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Line Dancing - I'm in!!!!

Can the Bouncer Line Dance whilst watching the door tho??? That is the question :D

DOTD please barRichard!! :D

gini
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Thank goodness you are here Slick. I need some lessons badly.............

Everyone is going left - and there I am going right - bumping into everybody.

captain
05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
It is alright, gini.

I will make sure there is space AROUND you, so you can dance how YOU like :D

Cheers
The Line Dancing Bouncer at the Door

zippy-kat
05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Our mascots are Tray's Mario, Lady the pup belonging to Lady's Human, and Oggyflute's Possum.

Psst! You forgot the (un-named?) blue-orange hypoallergenic kitten! ;) (Did all the blue come off the lil' guy yet?)

Drink of the day sounds awesome! I love the fruity drinks (esp if it involves Malibu).

gini
05-11-2006, 12:06 AM
ok call me dumb... but I've been wondering this for months now... what IS this Thursday "ritual" of yours' that you all do?? :confused:

There now, aren't you glad that you asked? :D

So come on in and join the crowd - we will introduce you to everyone.
BUT - you have to tell us a good joke first.

Jessika
05-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Everyone is welcome and the only thing we ask newcomers to do is tell a joke the first time around. So...fire away and welcome.

Ahha thanks!!

Ok well... my joke... one of my favorite "corny" jokes :D

Q: What do you call a cow who just gave birth??
A: De-calf-inated!

Corinna
05-11-2006, 12:31 AM
OH groan.. I guess you are now offically one of the crazies here at the bar. Ask for any thing Richard can make it.
Hey by the way Richard have you lost the wacky news channel ? Haven't had one of the way way out there stories here in a while.
Hey Lady you are so soft and cuddly thanks. It's nice to have our own therapy dog here in the bar.

Jessika
05-11-2006, 12:34 AM
OH groan eh? I feel welcomed! ;)

lbaker
05-11-2006, 07:30 AM
GROAN indeed ;) Line dancing eh? I'm still working on the "Teaberry Shuffle" :rolleyes: :o A bit early for a DOTD here but in keeping with the theme ~ how's about I rustle up a cowboy breakfast? Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy or Texas toast (or both?) and refried beans - very strong coffee of course.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Cowboy breakfast sounds fantastic!!! We once had pancakes and sausage at the top of one of the Black Hills in South Dakota. Took a horseback ride to the top, had breakfast, enjoyed the scenery, then rode the horses back down. BE-U-TEE-FUL morning and I don't think I've ever had a better breakfast! Something about the outdoors always makes food taste better. :D I'll help with the pancakes, Laurie.

Line dancing.....hmmm.....never really been into it much because I'm like Gini - when everyone is going left, I'm going right. :rolleyes: But I'm willing to tr....oops, just tripped over my second left foot. ;)

Here's a quick pick of our breakfast ride. Me & my horse....why do I always get the ones that one to stop to eat and/or drink? And Terry and I as we're coming back to the stables.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20917%20%20Line_dancing2.gif
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20916%20line_dancing1.gif
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20917%20%20Line_dancing2.gif
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20916%20line_dancing1.gif

Look!! 16 Pettalkers line-dancing!!! Hey Gini, never mind the direction, there is always a line going your way ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow! What a team! You can tell that Slick has previous experience. What a mover!
Look at the bouncer go! Never seen a bouncer dancing before. This is a first for me.

gini
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Well, it is clear to me that Debbie and I are going in the right direction - it is the rest of you that are out of sync! :D :D

RedHedd
05-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Texas toast? I'm afraid to ask!

Ooh! Orc is line dancing too and he's holding an orange kitten! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-11-2006, 04:18 PM
No dancin for me today. My knees are acting all up today. I'll just grab my camera and take some pics. :D

Mario seems to think it's a conga line, he has his Carmen Maranda hat on again. :)

A cherry vanilla coke would sure hit the spot right now. :D

Lady's Human
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I think I'm just going to join Richard behind the bar because:

I can't dance, don't ask me, I can't dance, don't ask me!

(I can sing, play trumpet, and do many other things, but dancing ain't one of 'em)

Killearn Kitties
05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, I don't know that you have ever mentioned that you play the trumpet before! So what kind of stuff can you play for us? :D

lbaker
05-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Well "Trump" this, Mario is wearing his Carmen Miranda hat doing karioki to Barry Manilow singing "Copa Cabanna". Since when did line dancing turn into a Conga Line :confused: Brazilian Cowboys? OK says she Boogy till ya *oh nevermind* :o I best have another DOTD :rolleyes: Maybe this will all make sense in the morning, [yeah, right :rolleyes: ] Who gave Mario a coin for the jukebox?? :eek: Since when do we have Barry Manilow ON the jukebox??

Corinna
05-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Laurie, what did you have in that last drink? I had a hard time following that one.

Kfamr
05-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I'll think I'll sit this one out... let me know when we're fishing again! :p

Too tired from work to do anything that involves moving my feet, unless it's moving from the computer desk to my bed!

I'll take a glass of ice water with lemon... The Muttlies were good for their B-A-T-H-S today, so how about 3 Greenie Teas for them?

Simba might wants to get in on the dancing.. he's a pretty good dancer! Does Lady need a partner?

Cincy'sMom
05-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I haven't stopped by Thursday in quite awile, but I'm in for some dancin'!!! Sorta miss it since I quit my jazz lessons back in January.

May I have a DOTD please, Richard?

Lady's Human
05-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Lady would LOVE a dance partner, but we might need to clear the dance floor first! :D

Orc, I'm glad you and the kitten get along well, but you need to put it down at some point for a little bit so it can eat!

Oggyflute
05-12-2006, 05:38 AM
G'day everyone, :)
Jessika, that joke was dreadful enough to be totally acceptable, you'll fit right in. :D
I'm with LH on the dancing thing, so beter join Richard & LH behind the bar. :)
Got an exciting day tomorrow. We are picking up the kids 'glamour' shots. :D Of course I've got friends coming over for a dinner party, to have a big unveiling. :D
Afterwards, I'll settle down to watch West Ham smack Liverpoolin the FA Cup. :D (Everyone out by kick-off! :D )
I'm still on this brandy thing,so better have one of those. ;)

Corinna
05-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Just dropping in on the way to work. I'll grab a DLC and say Hi. I did dtop at the local bakery here is a couple of dozen doughnuts still warm. You will need them for strength after all that dancing. Will check in later tonight.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Just dropping in on the way to work. I'll grab a DLC and say Hi. I did dtop at the local bakery here is a couple of dozen doughnuts still warm. You will need them for strength after all that dancing. Will check in later tonight.
MOFF, here's some ice/heat for your knees, whichever works the best. Kind of cold and rainy here today so I think I'll start the fire right away to take the chill out of the air. Think I'll have Orc bring in some wood.....hate to drop it as I trip on my second left foot again. ;) :rolleyes:

Is that revelie (sp?) I hear? LH, get in here and eat something, it's too early in the morning for all that get-up-and-go type stuff! ;)

gini
05-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Ya gotta getup, ya gotta getup, ya gotta getup in the morning!!!

Ohhhhhh, would someone please grab that trumpet away from LH?

Why are all of the guys crowded together behind the bar? (oh, they don't dance huh?)

How about some coffee and Slick's Baileys? It is dreary and overcast this morning - the fire looks inviting.

lbaker
05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
A-toot a-toot, a-toot diddle-ee-ada-toot
He blows it eight to the bar
In boogie rhythm
He can't blow a note unless the bass and guitar
Is playin' with 'im

He makes the company jump when he plays reveille
He's the boogie-woogie bugle boy of Company B

:eek: :D

Cataholic
05-12-2006, 10:55 AM
OMD!!! LINE DANCING!!!!! Did you guys know that I was in a line dance team once?? Yup.....we performed all over Vancouver and even marched in many a parade. Heeeeeee Haawwwww!!! I've got my boots and spurs on and ready for some down home dancin'.

I may not be able to regain composure here, Slick. I will beg you for pictures. Please!

The only line I want to be in is the one that leads to the bar! Pour me a DOTD, please!

gini
05-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh Slick, are you going to line dance at the airport when I go to pick you up? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh Slick, are you going to line dance at the airport when I go to pick you up? :D
Bwaaaaaa-hhaaaaa-haaaaaa! I have an idea what Slick is planning for the airport.....and that combined with line dancing is enough to make me spew coke all over my monitor! :D :D :D :p :D Ooohhh....how I want to be there...... :D

And NO.....I'm not telling! :p

gini
05-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I told Slick - once you arrive - go directly across the street from baggage - look for the Blue Sign - and there will be a shuttle that will take you directly to my home :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I told Slick - once you arrive - go directly across the street from baggage - look for the Blue Sign - and there will be a shuttle that will take you directly to my home :D :D :D
:D :D :D
Aw, c'mon, Gini. I know you're just dying to know and you couldn't tear yourself away from the airport if you tried! ;) :D :D

gini
05-12-2006, 11:49 AM
(I wouldn't miss it for anything!) :D

Lady's Human
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
A-toot a-toot, a-toot diddle-ee-ada-toot
He blows it eight to the bar
In boogie rhythm
He can't blow a note unless the bass and guitar
Is playin' with 'im

He makes the company jump when he plays reveille
He's the boogie-woogie bugle boy of Company B

You have NO idea how much I loathe that song.........

Playing trumpet and being in the army I heard that constantly.

You guys never have to worry about me playing reveille in the bar.

I had a commander in Germany who found out I played the trumpet, and ordered me to take my horn with me to the field. I had to play reveille every morning at 0600. I was easily the most hated soldier in our cantonement area, and I can't say that I blame the other troops.

If anyone wants some big band or classical :D music, however (other than the thing mentioned above) I'd be more than happy to oblige.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-12-2006, 12:23 PM

I'd rather hear reveille than TAPS though!!! Taps always makes me cry.

I love big band music a lot!!! :D

RedHedd
05-12-2006, 12:41 PM
T&P I heard on the weather report this morning that they're predicting SNOW for the Chicago area and I immediately thought of you and your fur kids! PT is deeply imbedded in my brain!

Back to work .... cuppa to go, please. Happy Friday everyone!

slick
05-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Sorry for leaving you guys in the lurch. The dreaded W-O-R-K has me running in circles.

OK, you need to practice....

left-right-left-kick
right-left-right-kick
kick ball change, kick ball change

got it?? ;)

Gotta go. If you want more lessons you'll just have to show up at Gini's in July. One double BM to go please bartender. :)

RedHedd
05-12-2006, 03:24 PM
And a

pas de bour·rée, kick, ball change

Tour jeté

no, Mario, don't put the kitten there .... :rolleyes: :eek:

RICHARD
05-13-2006, 04:26 PM
You have NO idea how much I loathe that song.........

Playing trumpet and being in the army I heard that constantly.

I had a commander in Germany who found out I played the trumpet, and ordered me to take my horn with me to the field. I had to play reveille every morning at 0600.

In middle school they would play reville at home room right before the Pledge of Allegiance....I feel that pain.

How many times did you wake up and put that cold mouthpiece to your lips and feel the pride of all those music lesson you took?

Sorry I could not help it...But if it makes you feel better I squatted down to pick up a bar napkin and got my spurs caught in my pants.....

I have to go change.... :rolleyes:

Home , home on the range??? :eek:

slick
05-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Gini's niece (who has health complications) is about to give birth so let's pray for a smooth and uneventful delivery.

Let's raise a glass in honour of the new arrival.

Gini, does this make you a Great Aunt...because I think you are great already!!! :D

RICHARD
05-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Oh gee...

I finally got my pants unstuck from my spurs....no one looked over the bar to help me.....

Thank you Mario....

Now I know who my friends are! ;)

lbaker
05-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Gee RICHARD, I thought it was rather friendly to NOT look over the bar (under the circumstances) :o ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Gee RICHARD, I thought it was rather friendly to NOT look over the bar (under the circumstances) :o ;)
:eek: :eek: :eek: PEEK A BOO !!! WE SEE YOU!!! :D :D :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I think I'm just going to join Richard behind the bar because:

I can't dance, don't ask me, I can't dance, don't ask me!

(I can sing, play trumpet, and do many other things, but dancing ain't one of 'em)

Unless he's at the bar in Stetson's :D (You'll have to ask him.)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Ya gotta getup, ya gotta getup, ya gotta getup in the morning!!!

Ohhhhhh, would someone please grab that trumpet away from LH?

Why are all of the guys crowded together behind the bar? (oh, they don't dance huh?)

How about some coffee and Slick's Baileys? It is dreary and overcast this morning - the fire looks inviting.

I'm with you gini, LH loves to do things like that just to hear people grumble. :p