PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear From Souraya lately ?

lizbud
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I was wondering about her last evening.Did hubby Andrew make
it back home from Iraq yet? Wondering about Drake (most traveled
Pooch) too? I last online thread was a birthday wish which she never
posted in. :confused: I hope all is well with them.

Corinna
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I have been thinking of them too.

Aspen and Misty
05-10-2006, 09:12 PM
I have also been thinking about them. I would love an update on Drake, I just think he is so handsom!

Ashley

Almita
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
I've been wondering I looked at old thread and I remembered about her and i'm like where is she. I hope everything will be ok and hope they are having a blast where ever they are.

Logan
07-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Souraya???? I'm looking for you, too.

I have your family in my prayers, with all the mess going on in Lebanon, right now. I know your family is there and you must be worried.

Check in, please, when you can.

Logan

dukedogsmom
07-19-2006, 03:41 PM
I, too, would love to hear how they're all doing. I hope she checks in soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
I was just thinking about her and handsome Drake just the other day!
I really hope everything is okay... we miss you Souraya! Come back!

Logan
07-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Bumping this up, hoping she'll check in.

ramanth
07-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Has anyone PM'd her? I think she doesn't get to the boards very often but does check her PM's.

Hope all is well with you, Drake, and Andrew. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Hello All!

Thank you for thinking of me and checking up on my family and me. We are all healthy and doing fine.

Andrew returned unharmed from Iraq at the end of June. I went back to Germany to spend the summer with him. We had a great summer and I returned back to GA mid August.

These past few weeks have been hectic. I am back at work and school. Some very major things have happened in my family. My mother's dog, Ripley, was stuck in Beirut during the whole mess with Israel. She was here in GA and had dropped him off in Lebanon to get his bloodwork and other travel papers ready and my father was swinging by from Qatar en route to GA to pick him up. The airport closed before that took place and my mom was a mess. My youngest brother got into some serious trouble and is now in court mandated rehab for the next 6 months. My other brother who is my best friend and confidant, moved to PA upon graduating this summer. He took a position with an electical engineering firm as an electrical engineer and is doing great. I miss him terribly.

Andrew and Drake just left today to go to Arizona. I have been crying for days and simply a mess. The house is so empty. I got out of bed and Drake wasn't here to play with me and drag me to his leash for a walk or usher me to his bowl for food and water. I tripped over his ball on my way into the office and almost lost it. Drake has been my rock for years. Andrew's job takes him away from me but Drake is the only thing that has remained constant in my life. I have changed homes, countries, cards, friends, jobs, etc... Only Drake has been there for me. He is the reason I never quit when I am sad and depressed. Literally my reason to get out of bed in the morning.

Him going to AZ with Andrew is the best for everyone. But it is so painful for me. Andrew will have more time on his hands to dedicate to Drake. They will be hiking, climbing, snowboarding, and dowing all sorts of fun things they both love to do. I am so busy with work and school and don't have the time Drake deserves. Plus Andrew has missed him soooooooooooo much. I cannot imaginge having to be in Iraq for a whole year without your Draker!

They will be leaving Arizona for good in April. They will be back to visit for Thanksgiving and Xmas. Until then, I will be miserable. I am so sick and tired of living the military life. It doesn't seem to get easier evertime. When Andrew was gone in the past, it was Drake that helped me through it. Now, I am all alone.

I have gone from a life full of people and Drake to just me. I am sure I will be fine. I need to adjust to a new routine.

ramanth
09-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh Souraya,

I'm so happy to hear that you, Andrew, and Drake are well, but my heart breaks to hear of the news that you have to be apart from not only Andrew, but Drake as well.

Andy and I have been having a bit of a rough go adjusting to married life. He still works in Detroit and is gone three days out of the week. I get so depressed that he's not with me. I really take for granted that I have Kia and the kitties there when Andy is not. I could not imagine how much it hurts to have them both so far away. *HUGS*

But hold tight to the fact that you will see them again soon.

It is really good hearing from you.

Corinna
09-27-2006, 10:13 AM
So so glad to hear from you . I'm glad Andrew got home safely. I'm sure Drake misses you too. Sure he's glad to have daddy back. April will be here in no time at all it will all be worth the time apart. Hugs to you.

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Souraya! How good to hear from you and that you are alive and well.

My thoughts are with you in this lonely and challenging time. Nothing makes tough times pass as fast as keeping busy...and that you seem to be doing...

All the best...

Sara

lizbud
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
It is great to hear from you. I know how much your family means to you
and it's sad that they are all scattered right now. :( Thanksgiving will be
here before you know it. Don't know how anyone manages a military life
with the constant separations, but they do somehow.I'm glad to hear that
Andrew made it back without incident, and I hope your mom's dog Ripley
is going to be ok.Tell Andrew that PT folks wish him well & hurry home with
that big sweetie Draker. :) (((HUGS))) Liz.

anna_66
09-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Souraya it's so wonderful to hear from you, but I'm very sorry to hear how lonely you are. I can't even imagine being in your shoes.
Of course there's nothing I can say to make you feel better but know that we're all here for you if you ever feel lonely and need a shoulder (or many shoulders:) ) to lean on.
Take care.

Lots of (((HUGS)))
Anna, Roxey, Huney & Bon

wolflady
09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Souraya! :) It was so nice to see a post from you today. I'm sorry that you're feeling so lonely these days. I can't even imagine what the military life is like, and I always thought of you as a strong person to handle such a situation. Bless your heart. Try and immerse yourself in school and work. What sort of classes are you taking now?

My sister lives in Georgia, if you ever need someone local to talk to! ;) She's in Athens, so I'm not sure how far away that is from you, but I think you guys would get along pretty well.

**hugs**

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
HI, Souraya!! ... And Welcome Back Andrew! :)

So glad he got back home Safe & Sound!

Lonesome without the Draker?

Run down to the Local Shelter and Pick up a Loaner! ;)
Lotta pups would kill for a stay with you as a Foster Mom.

Stay Safe - and visit here more often.

{{{Hugs}}} from Phred

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Thank you all for the warm posts. I have missed Pet Talk and hope to catch up soon when I have more time. I know there is so much that I have missed.

I have contacted Atlanta Dog Rescue and applied to be a foster parent. Hopefully, I will be approved soon and can go down to the center and pick one up. It would do me so much good and I am sure I would be a doting and loving foster mom. I have fostered in the past and found it very rewarding. Letting them go is the most difficult thing to do though... But I will deal with that hurdle when it comes.

I will keep you updated.

lizbud
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Souraya, that is great that you applied to the foster program. :) I am
sure you would find a lonely pup who would love to meet you.

When Phred mentioned it earlier, I thought, why didn't I think of that? :D

Logan
09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
I have missed you!!! :) Its so good to hear from you. You'll have to update us on everything you're doing. I do completely understand how badly you must miss Drake and Andrew. I think a foster pup would be perfect for you, Souraya. :) I have one right now, myself! Our house is so hectic with four dogs running here and there, and two of them being puppies! :p

You take care and don't be a stranger.

Logan

Aspen and Misty
09-28-2006, 01:44 PM
It's so good to hear from you! I have missed pictures of your sweet boy. I'm glad to hear that Andrew is doing good and is back in the US for now.

Where is GA do you live? I'm located in Lawrenceville and I know that any shelter would be more than lucky to get to have you as a foster home!

Please keep us up to date and I hope your mom's dog will make it back to the US soon.

Ashley

ramanth
09-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Good luck with the foster program!! :D