PDA

View Full Version : DSL users...

catnapper
05-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Have you noticed that some websites have started to take longer to load? I can't imagine what some sites must be like for dial-up users, but they often take a minute or two to load on DSL. I have this problem on both computers - of course both are hooked up to the same DSL line, but both computers don't have the same junk saved to it.... and my computer has recently had a thorough cleaning and defrag.

Is it possible that all the sites are updating to include higher resoluton images and flash, etc? I swear they must be in cahoots with cable providers so that we are more or less pressured into paying the $50 monthly cable bill just so we can see every website quickly and easliy like we did 2 years ago.

Is anyone else experiencing slower loading sites on their DSL, or it is me?

Laura's Babies
05-10-2006, 08:29 AM
YEA! There are some days, some places just won't load for me. I also find in the late afternoon it slows waaaaaay down. We are on a smaller DSL company and I think they have a lot of problems... Since Katrina hit, our population has grown and I don't think they have kept up with the growth because there are time my DSL just hardly moves at all... for DAYS!

lv4dogs
05-10-2006, 08:51 AM
I have also noticed (over the last 2 or so weeks especially) that the DSL service is getting slower & slower.

I swear they must be in cahoots with cable providers so that we are more or less pressured into paying the $50 monthly cable bill just so we can see every website quickly and easliy like we did 2 years ago.
I agree! I also think that the local tv stations are in cahoots with the cable companies, antennae's don't work like they used to either.