PDA

View Full Version : Do you sing to your cats?

Laura's Babies
05-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Knowing how much I sing to mine and how much they enjoy (? :eek: ) it and seeing that Garry sings to his, it made me wonder how many others might sing to theirs.

I started singing to them as a way to hopefully clam Amy when she is stressed and I really think it works. On those car trip to Kevlins, she gets totally paniced and so upset that I get upset, she rips and pulls on the kennel with her nails. So during our clamer times at home when she is in my lap purring, I started singing to her and I can tell it relaxes her. Doing it in the car, she quiets right down, glueing her eyes on me while I sing and is quiet as a mouse. The rest of them quiet down too, so even as squeeky as my voice is and my lack of talent, it helps! I have to main songs I sing to them "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and " You are my Sunshine".

Do you sing to yours and what do you sing to them?

slick
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
A gust of wind can send Max into hiding. I can only imagine what my singing voice would do it him.... :eek: :rolleyes: :D No, I wouldn't torture the poor boy like that.

moosmom
05-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Not only do I sing, but I also dance with them. Well, not ALL of them, just Shortie. She LOVES it when I hold her in my arms like a baby and dance with her while I sign along with a certain song by Bob Dylan (can't remember the name but it's got a cool beat to it).

MooShoo loves when I hold him like a baby and sing "Mr. Sandman", making up my own words...

"Mr. Mooman, bring me a daream,
Make him the sweetest little naked buddy
I've ever seen"

The rest is Lalalalalalala cuz I don't know the words. :rolleyes:

CultureJunky
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I try to sing to Jack but my voice is awful and he probably hears a terrible racket that leaves him almost deaf!!
I sing Skater Boy by Avril Lavigne but replace it with 'he was a tiger boy, she said see ya later boy etc etc...which embarasses the hell out of Kevin, especially if I do it front of other people, cause it doesn't make any sense and sounds terrible! :D
I mostly just call him in an elongated tune that must sound awful! like Jaaaaaaaackkk a rudi' for some reason I call him Jack-a-rudi and I have absolutely no idea where that came from :D
Though he also has tons of other names I call him like:
Jacko
Jack the lad
Stripey pants
Sausage
Sausage Pants
Tiger Boy
Tiger pants
Mummy's special tiger
Mummy's special sausage

I also don't know where I got the pants bit from, maybe cause sometimes It looks like he's wearing furry pants :p

I sometimes call sunny
Sunny Dee Dee
Sunny Didi Pops

I also have no idea where that came from!
Yes I am clearly insane :rolleyes:

Sonia59
05-09-2006, 11:27 AM
I would love to, but I don't want to scare them :D Even in my shower I do not sing ;)

But I talk to them a lot, I explain them what I am doing, I tell them stories, and bla-bla-bla :)

lady_zana
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I sing to my kitties all the time..........instead of real songs, I just sing what's going on to them.....like "time to eat, eat, eat, time to eat....."

I sing "I wish they all could be calico girls...." to my Eepie to the tune of "California Girls" by the Beach Boys.....She knows that song is just for her because she'll start to purr whenever she hears the tune. :D

Lizzie
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Like several other posters, I wouldn't torture my cats by singing to them. I do hum since I've found that they find that sound calming. When I'm socializing a feral cat, I don't talk at first as I take in food etc., I hum all the time. After about a week or so of humming, I start talking nonsense in a very low voice. I've also danced with a few of my cats, like Donna, but then I only hum as I dance.

aki
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Not only do I sing, but I also dance with them.

Hahaha! I do too! And Chuckie hates it. He gets airplane ears as soon as I start rocking him. :D

RedHedd
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Not only do I sing, but I also dance with them. Me too and they HATE it (the dancing, that is). As for singing, I do all the time, making up silly kitty words to regular songs. my favorite is Mishi or Mitzi Noodles (I have NO idea where the Noodles came from) sung to the tune of Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles"

Mishi Noodles
Fluffy my Babboo
Mishi Noodles
Boy do I love you
Mishi Noodles
You are so CUTE
and I love my Mishi Noodles
Ooh Di Oot
:rolleyes: :p

lvpets2002
05-09-2006, 03:02 PM
:) Oh yes all the time = my favorite is "How much is that Kitty in the Window = is She Worth One Meow or Two {oh yes I do the meows too} && Maybe that Kitty in the Window is Worth Four Meows & many many more".. :o
Then I sing goofy tunes with their names in as some of the words..

aki
05-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Mine is sung to the tune of Sherry.

Chuuuuuucky, Chuckie baby!

Chuuu-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-kie bay-yay-bee!

catmandu
05-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Michael,My Little Michael
Youre Such A Good Boy
My Good Little Boy
Michael, Im Glad Youre My Cat
And you are My Dear Little Friend
And I will try to be a Good Pawpie
And see that You are Well
And have Treats and Toys and Somewhere
to Sleep
Because Michael You are My Friend.
And I try to sing that song ,just substituting the Right Names.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I sing to the cats all the time but I make up songs to what they are doing and about us with them lol!

I incorporate their silly names too!

Coco=Colors (her real name lol), Sosi, Soso, CoCi, Big Girl, Old friend, Cranky arse, le gros, and sometimes when she growls at Caramel I growl back at her lol :o

Caramel=La tout petit (the little one in french), ella sho shi the rhyme of it lol, Caribou and Carrie!

Both of my cats are bilingual lol ;)

lute
05-09-2006, 05:27 PM
i sing to all my animals.

catlover4ever
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I too sing to my babies.

Smokey gets my rendition of "On Top of Ole Smokey"

On top of ole smokey, all covered with cheese, we lost daddies meatball when mommy sneezed. It rolled off the table, and onto the floor, we lost daddies meatball as it rolled out the door.

Mystic, who is also known as Flubby get "Fuzzy Wuzzy Was A Bear"

Flubby wubby was a bear, flubby wubby had no hair, flubby wubby wasn't fuzzy was she.

Abner gets "You Are My Sunshine"

Gracie gets her full name sung to her "Gracie Mae Marie Louise"

Gabriel, who we don't even call Gabriel any more...it's just Dude gets all kinds of silly things sung to him.

Vegas gets of course....are you ready for this one...."Viva Las Vegas". :p

And I LOVE to sing to my babies....I don't know if they like it but they have yet to start meowing at the top of their lungs....so I guess that is a good sign.

Laura's Babies
05-09-2006, 06:46 PM
SO! Gary, you and I are not aloooooonnnne! We are noooot crazy (if we are we have company....)

C4Ever, I love the Smokey song, that cracked me up!

G535
05-09-2006, 06:59 PM
If I tried to sing to Finnigan I'm sure I'd find him by the door with his suitcase packed, looking for a new home. To compensate for my lack of a singing voice I let him listen to Pavarotti and he has not complained once! :)

chocolatepuppy
05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I sing to my cats and dogs. At least they don't complain about my singing. ;) I make up songs for each of them. :D

Sevaede
05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes. I, also, am guilty of dancing with them. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-10-2006, 03:44 AM
No singing, but LOTS of talking and also dancing!! :)

Beauty17
05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Indigo hates it when I sing to her. Beauty seems indifferent, but even tolerates trumpet concerts from my son. I composed a special song in honor of my previous cats, Myrtille and Tzigane, sung to a tune from "The Beggar's Opera," and comparing various parts of their anatomy to precious stones and jewels (eyes, claws, teeth - and their essence in general). It was more for my pleasure than theirs. And I used to sing to my beloved Sadie on long car rides to keep her from being bored and fretful.

may51380
05-10-2006, 11:07 AM
My cats love the theme from "Golden Girls". Don't know what it is about that song, but they all come over to me when I sing it. Esp. Joey, he jumps in my lap, rolls over and purrs. (Normally he is not a lap cat) Go figure! Silly cats :p

BitsyNaceyDog
05-10-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't sing to them, but I do dance with them.