PDA

View Full Version : Keep Me Company?

sandragonfly
05-09-2006, 09:44 AM
it has been a while I've had a mother. I miss how she took care of me when I'm sick. :( I don't know what to make me feel better.

today I'm awfully sick in bed and missing four classes. I've been coughing up blood all night, I swear I think I'd cough my intenstines out - ugh. that really hurts. all throbby, skullachy, stuffy, swollen and chestpains just to get up.

all this came overnight .. I never have had this up so quickly without a warning. everyone is sick at school too. :confused:

I have no counter medicine, kettle, or soft food here .. I would have to go out and get something but no ride. :rolleyes: :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-09-2006, 09:45 AM
poor you {{{hugs}}}

Karen
05-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Ah, the joys of a college campus - when anyone gets sick, everyone gets sick! Plenty of fluids, keep drinking - tea, water, whatever, just keep drinking. Tea with lemon(vitamin C) and honey(soothing), or if you can get to a pharmacy, a good cough suppressant syrup will at least cut back the coughing and let you get some rest.

sandragonfly
05-09-2006, 11:00 AM
brody's mum, don't think you want get sick too! ;) (((thanks)))

ooh, warm honey! sounds good.. lv4dogs just helped me with bus routes/schedule - found a bus stop just around my corner, coming in half hour - yay. I wish my pager browser would accept javascripts! my sweet neighbor was just here but had to go back to work.

so, leaving soon to get stuff! pressured ears & jaws sore from coughings, not feeling too well to walk but you gotta treat yourself.

thanks ya both!

moosmom
05-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Feel better, honey! We WILL get together soon, I promise!! And take care of yourself!

CagneyDog
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I hope you start feeling better soon Gina. {{{big hugs}}}

sandragonfly
05-09-2006, 01:57 PM
wow - just got back home, what a long afternoon! buses weren't too bad.

I can't feel my legs very well (numby) and my arms are soo achy. I have no strength in them, can't pick up anything or stretch now. what's going on? :confused: :(

I got some teabags boiling, syrups, brooths (stratchy throat) and ..am sleepy now.

thanks everyone - (((hugs back)))

Karen
05-09-2006, 02:13 PM
wow - just got back home, what a long afternoon! buses weren't too bad.

I can't feel my legs very well (numby) and my arms are soo achy. I have no strength in them, can't pick up anything or stretch now. what's going on? :confused: :(
That's just typical flu-like symptom, nothing to worry about.

I got some teabags boiling, syrups, brooths (stratchy throat) and ..am sleepy now.

thanks everyone - (((hugs back)))[/color]

Oh good, have a nice cuppa tea and a good nap.

king2005
05-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I was starting to feel like that last week, so I slept all sat & most of sun. Felt better for a while.. now I have a really sore throat today & a date :eek:

JenBKR
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh Gina ((((hugs)))) I hate how being sick makes you so tired and weak. I'm gald you were able to get some tea and medicine - now get lots of rest! I hope you feel better soon!

Anita Cholaine
05-09-2006, 03:17 PM
(((hugs))) Hope you feel better soon sweetie!

Zippy
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh I hope you feel better.Drink lots of fluids.

BC_MoM
05-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I know how you feel! I'm suffering from a bad head cold right now.. whenever I move my back gets all tingly, and I can't even breathe.. it's horrible!

Too bad I don't like tea.

carole
05-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I wish i did not live on the other side of the world or i would be around there taking care of you, everyone needs spoiling when they are sick, just a gentle cuddle, or a sweet word makes one feel a little better, take care dear Gina, and i don't like the sound of you coughing up blood, i would get a doctor to check that out, could be a nasty infection brewing, i sure hope you feel better soon, enough is enough, girl you have had more than your fair share lately, time for some happy, sickfree days ahead. HUGS

Pembroke_Corgi
05-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Awwww, I am so sorry that you are so sick! :( Get plenty of rest, and I hope you feel better soon!!

barncat
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Hope you feel better soon... When I used to get bad sore throats I found having a cup of tea and a glass of ice tea and sipping them in alteration helped a lot....

Take care of you!

sandragonfly
05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
UGH .. I just woke up, effing w - o - r - s - e. my stomach's really bruised from a lot rough coughs. a lot. ears are painful, jaws too. shallow breaths. from rusty lungs.

there was a werid dance dream while everytime I blow my nose out of conscious. ODD. I later just now woke up to red kleenexs. :eek: :( I don't remeber any tissue I took.

barncat - neat you thought of that too, because it seems does grind(mess up) virus away best, right? I never had an icy tea before, I will do that.

bc_mom - I think you could try hot apple cider.. or chicken/veg bullions. they're really good too, oily free.

carole [& everyone] - ((thank you)), sweet words. I should go doctor soon when I find one.

I can't keep my burning eyes open but can't close them. :( good night all.

carole
05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
oh Gina you sound so miserable, poor you, sounds like a real dose of the flu , just be careful you don't have a secondary infection, If you get worse please seek medical help you may require some antibots, in the meantime wishing you a speedy recovery and take care.

Catty1
05-09-2006, 10:37 PM
GINA - I hope you got some stuff from the pharmacy...and that you feel just a little better when you wake up...

Sounds like an awful flu...flus hit so hard and bad, yuk!

Can you get a ride to a doctor?

Prayers and hugs to you from far away!

Catty1

sandragonfly
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
thankyou for PMs and especially emails! (couldn't open up pet talk on mobile well at clinic).

sorry I was gone for a few days. the night where I felt worse - my neighbor (herself, a nurse) heard me coughing while putting trash out and came over. :eek: I have a broken window.. (that was for a long time) so, that was a bit embarrassin. :o

she came in, noticed I've started hives. took me to hospital, good thing she heard! because just about time when I got there, my skin started multipying blisters like ants everywhere, eyes and throat swollen closed. :eek: :( I had her holding my hand all way, I couldn't hear or see anything at all! very scary. :( it wasn't my first time reacting to hives, being helen keller for a night though.

today I'm quite feeling better, better than two first days but worse than yesterday. going to school, and sigh, catch up stuff again. superoverwhelm and big stress I could have avoided.

but I'm good today!! and it's my golden boy's birthday today too! :D

thanks everyone for your concerns! ((((bybye)))) for now.

JenBKR
05-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh no Gina! Thank goodness for your kind neighbor. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Keep resting and get all better for us! We'll be thinking about you!