PDA

View Full Version : PiddyBob is moving her kittens?!?!

lute
05-09-2006, 08:57 AM
i woke up this morning and PiddyBob had all her kittens under the dresser. i put them back in the crate and she just keeps dragging them around to sparatic places.

why is she doing this? we had a family get toghether at the house the other day. my cousin and her husband handled the cats for a while. could she be moving them because too many people were handling them?

i'm really worried. i can hear them screaming from the other end of the house. :(

catmandu
05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Sometimes A First Time Momma Cat Will Get Nervous,and Will Try To Find The Purrfect Hiding Place For Her Babies.
When Pouncette Was Here She Had Them Under The Bed,in The Closet Under The Blankets And Finally Of The Afghan Where They Stayed.
Mooma Catss Are Just Like That,its Nothing That You Have Done.

lvpets2002
05-09-2006, 09:08 AM
:) All animal mothers have that instinct of moving babies by nature.. They do this due to if they were in the wild Preditors would not be able to find the babies & kill them..

lute
05-09-2006, 09:08 AM
good! i'm worried about her putting them somewhere Gracie can get them so i put them in a new, slightly smaller crate with fresh blankets in my bedroom so it's just them. a lot of privacy.

moosmom
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Lvpets2002 is right. Mama's move their babies to protect them from predators. As long as they aren't anywhere where they can be injured, just leave them. They'll be fine.

When Mattie Grace had her babies (on a towel on the floor of my spare bedroom), I had a nice birthing box all set up for her. I put her and her babies in there, and she kept moving them back in the corner where they were born. I finally gave in and put a bunch of old baby comforters in the corner and rolled up towels as "bumpers" so they couldn't wander.

lute
05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
well, the smaller new crate wasn't good enough for miss PiddyBob. she's keeping them under my bed now. she had them all over my room this morning. i was freaking out because i couldn't find the mostly white one(named Screamin Mimi). she had wollerd into a pair of blue jeans on the floor. i found her fast asleep in one of the back pockets. :D

moosmom
05-09-2006, 06:42 PM
OMG!!! :eek: How adorable is that?? Can't wait to see pictures of the little rugrats!!

lute
05-09-2006, 08:06 PM
OMG!!! :eek: How adorable is that?? Can't wait to see pictures of the little rugrats!!
i'll post some in a ferw days. they are really growing! PiddyBob's lookalike is HUGE! she is the only one with no name yet. all of them have their eyes open now. they are starting to walk around on their wobbly lil legs. :)

k9krazee
05-09-2006, 08:08 PM
When we had a cat years ago that had kittens, she moved them all under the bed soon after they were born. We kept moving them back to where we wanted, but she'd take them right back under! We finally gave in and put blankets under there for her and her kittens!