PDA

View Full Version : I'm moved, less 2 furkids

neko1
05-09-2006, 05:56 AM
Hello friends,

It's been a long time since I've posted. I'm all moved into my mom's place now. It feels really good to be free and not have to answer to anyone :)
Pumpkin and Cookie are living with Brian and Tama and Neko are living with me. I'm really sad about having to give them up- they're my babies after all! But I know that Brian will take care of them.

I'm also seeing a great guy that lives about 1/2 hour from me :) We spend every weekend together and a couple of nights during the week too :) He treats me the way Brian never treated me,I can't believe what I've been missing out on!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to give a little update,I hope everyone is well :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Happy to see you back posting, Neko!! I am happy to read that you have fun in life again. Having to give up 2 of your sweeties must have been so hard!! Does Brian allow you to visit them?
Lots of hugs!!!

catnapper
05-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Sound like your life is going great! I'm sorry to hear about the kitties, but it sounds as if its for the best.

Good luck with your new guy! Isn't it fabulous to get out of a relationship and find someone who makes you realize you're worth being treated like a princess? I'm so happy that you are happy :)

Barbara
05-09-2006, 07:51 AM
I am sorry you had to give up Pumpkin and Cookie but they will be loved.
Of course Tama is staying with you- who could give up an Aby :D

So glad to hear you found someone- I wish you all luck you can get :)

neko1
05-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Well since all of this just happened this weekend with the cats, I am of course still very upset and sad. I miss them horribly and cry when I think about it.

And poor Hector, he just doesn't know what to do for me and I feel really bad being so depressed around him when he's done nothing but wonderful things for me. Sometimes I feel like such a witch, I hope I can snap out of it soon.

As far as the visitation of the cats is concerned, right now my dealings with Brian are strictly through email. I really don't feel like talking to him or seeing him. I definitely need my time away from him- maybe sometime in the future we will be friends but that is out of the question for now.

neko1
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I forgot to add that Neko and Tama have adjusted wonderfully to my mom's place!! :D

I have never ever seen Tama so friendly before!! (I think it's because Brian treated Tama VERY poorly and I think that Tama knows that he's now in a place where Brian can't be mean to him anymore)

My mom bought some of Neko's favorite toys (I'm amazed she remembered what he likes!!) He's been running around the house playing :)

They're using their new litterboxes faithfully, and although they aren't eating as much as they used to (I guess due to the stress), they are still eating.

Tama loves sitting on my mom's lap at night and also loves sitting on her recliner when she's not there. He's also taken quite a shine to Hector which is surprising because Tama usually does not like men.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-09-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm glad to hear things are going so well, and hope they continue that way. :)

Karen
05-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Glad things are going well, I know you must be mising your other two, but at least you know they will be loved.

Laura's Babies
05-09-2006, 10:17 AM
It is good to hear you are letting go of the old and looking forward and moving forwards with your life.. I was one that never looked back.. life is to short to keep looking back and if you are to busy looking back, you miss what is ahead! GOOD for you!

moosmom
05-09-2006, 11:04 AM
This is a sign of a new beginning for you, sweetie!! There will be tears, as there always is. But things will get better and your outlook will definitely put a smile on your beautiful face!

((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you!

neko1
05-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I just want to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. You don't know how much it means to me, especially today, since I've been so upset with leaving Cookie.

I really love PT, I know I can come here and get support and love when I need it :)

Thank you all again.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
He's also taken quite a shine to Hector which is surprising because Tama usually does not like men.

That doesn't surprise me at all! Animals do feel if they are wanted or not!! Our Zazou is very scared everytime she sees a visitor; but as soon as she realizes that this person is truly a cat-lover, she changes 100%!!
I had a similar experience a while ago with the cat of an old friend! My friend warned me: "Nonody can get near him, he is scared to death!" . Guess what.... . I kept talking to him, getting closer all the time( he was inside the dryer); And..... 5 minutes later, I was petting him, one minute later he even allowed me to pick him up!!!! Oh my, my friend couldn't believe her own eyes!!

Lots of hugs to you and your kitties! AND to your mom, for welcoming you in her home!!

jenluckenbach
05-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Sounds like everything is going well (except for the loss of custody of the 2 furkids) but I suppose Brian deserves to have them as he loves them too.

Continued success to you. :D

slick
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Michelle, I meant to answer sooner but W-O-R-K keeps getting in the way so I'm sneaking on here for a minute. In 1987 I split with my then BF after 13 years. I had to leave my two cats (Casper and OJ) with him and he promised to look after them. Unfortunately he lied and well...that's so long ago and I'm sure they are both at the RB by now. Point is, I know how hard it is to move and leave furkids behind. The first few weeks of my new single life was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Your situation is different because it sounds like Brian really loves them and you can take comfort in knowing that they will be well looked after. Now is the time for you to concentrate on you. There is a new life ahead of you just waiting for you catch up with, and I'm so glad that Hector is there to help you along.

Good luck Michelle and please post some pictures of Tama and Neko when you have a chance.

{{{hugs}}}
slick xo

Russian Blue
05-09-2006, 09:19 PM
It's so good to hear from you Michelle. :) It's also nice to hear that Tama is doing so well in the new home.

There's always an adjustment period but life has a way to work itself out for the better.