PDA

View Full Version : Mortos has passed on. :(

Sevaede
05-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Mortos, the peach and white gerbil from Petco, passed away on Friday. Hubby and I talked and I wanted to get two more right away (after having done some research) because I just couldn't look at the empty cage. :(

We now have two females. One is black with a white stripe on her chest and a white stripe across both front feet and a peach-y looking one. The black one is Weeping and the peach one is Willow. So, I have taken some pics. They will be developed soon and I shall post when I can. for right now, here are some googled images that look identical to them.

Vela
05-09-2006, 06:11 AM
I'm guessing by reading this the original owner didn't want you posting his pics without his permission. Gotta be careful, it's been posted on the board before not to use other copyrighted pics on other websites without permission.

Sorry you lost your gerbil.

IRescue452
05-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Did you ever find out what was wrong with the gerbils? If they had tyzzers you wouldn't want the new ones in the same cage until everything was bleached and you threw out the old bag of bedding- as that could be contaminated. Didn't you have another gerbil?

Zippy
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry about Mortos.

My Peanuts
05-09-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.

RIP Mortos :(

Miss Z
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss of Mortos. I'm sure he was a really sweet little critter and sending ((hugs)) to you. RIP little gerbil:(

Sevaede
05-10-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm guessing by reading this the original owner didn't want you posting his pics without his permission. Gotta be careful, it's been posted on the board before not to use other copyrighted pics on other websites without permission.

Sorry you lost your gerbil.

That really does bewilder me. I mean, they have every right to their pictures but goddess forbid anybody use anything for reference. I mean, I thought people only got pissy when you started making money off of their pictures? It doesn't look like anything other than the pics to me right now. I am confused.

Sevaede
05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Did you ever find out what was wrong with the gerbils? If they had tyzzers you wouldn't want the new ones in the same cage until everything was bleached and you threw out the old bag of bedding- as that could be contaminated. Didn't you have another gerbil?

I found a web site that had picture descriptions. He had degloved his tail. I did wash everything but haven't thrown the bag of bedding as I didn't know if that could've been a problem. Eep. I have to go buy some new bedding then!

No, we didn't have another gerbil. We should have, though.

Sevaede
05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.

RIP Mortos :(

Thank you. :)

Sevaede
05-10-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss of Mortos. I'm sure he was a really sweet little critter and sending ((hugs)) to you. RIP little gerbil:(

thank you. *hugs* He was indeed very sweet. :)

IRescue452
05-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Don't worry about the bedding then. Its just that sometimes the bedding can be responsible for carrying the disease that the gerbil got, but since it was a degloved tail then no worries. I hope your new gerbils are settling in. I think that sometimes you can't post other people's pictures because it uses their bandwidth and they have to pay for the picture each time it is posted. I'm not exactly sure how that works though.

Sevaede
05-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Don't worry about the bedding then. Its just that sometimes the bedding can be responsible for carrying the disease that the gerbil got, but since it was a degloved tail then no worries. I hope your new gerbils are settling in. I think that sometimes you can't post other people's pictures because it uses their bandwidth and they have to pay for the picture each time it is posted. I'm not exactly sure how that works though.

Oh okay! Thank you very much for clearing both of those things up for me! :)