PDA

View Full Version : Cold, Warm Or Hot?

sandragonfly
05-08-2006, 11:39 PM
bleh, I'd like a really cold water for myself! chilly room temperature water would be still too warm for me. :p

as I was taking (hot) bath a week ago, my (avatar) black precious, zephyra came right up, started drinking hot water out. she does that all the time but, last time, she was, heck, thristy!

so, I wanted to see and experiment, no water for one day (from midnight to morning after the next midnight - that way I can see who likes which) then put down two big bowls down, cold (room temperature) one next to warrrm/hot.

results .. (in about 6 minutes).

# 2 out of 7 coldfurs went over to warm after a bit of inspection..
# 4 out of 5 ran to warm, back off after a sniffle, walked over to cold.
# 8 sticked around cold bowl, 5 lapped.
# 3 drank hot water long enough.
# 1 (from cold) then walked away & waited, too crowdy. :D

icky. :o am I werid, eh? :p

what about yours? :)

Jessika
05-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Well, mine all prefer the toilet above anything else... so I would assume cold :rolleyes:

Sevaede
05-09-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't think Soni cares either way. Isis prefers it really cold. I put ice cubes in it when I refresh the bowl! :D

sandragonfly
05-09-2006, 07:59 AM
weinsrubber, my cats get confused if I put ice cubes in! I've put them in once last summer for crayola (my golden), when most cats ran up to it, they stopped, frozen .. "wha are those moving?!" :confused: too cute.

I sure hope those three warmfurs have been drinking! :eek: or maybe should I start putting a warm waterbowl down? it'll get cold later.. :( well, at least they'll have some!

Donnaj4962
05-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Mine both prefer cold, but not ice cold! Sasha will drink from the toilet (if someone mistakenly leaves the lid up!) :rolleyes: Both drink from the faucet, and I usually turn on the cold water for them. We have a Drinkwell drinking fountain and they both LOVE the water from that. It tends to be a little chilly.

catmandu
05-09-2006, 08:45 AM
In The Summer Theres A Mad Rush To The Water Porcelain Water Dish So I Am Assuming That They Prefer The Cold Water.
I Put Some Ice In As They Are After All Cool Cats.

Jessika
05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
weinsrubber, my cats get confused if I put ice cubes in! I've put them in once last summer for crayola (my golden), when most cats ran up to it, they stopped, frozen .. "wha are those moving?!" :confused: too cute.

My dogs do the same thing! They love eating icecubes, and will see me give them one and then put it in the water, but they refuse to touch the water if they are in there! lol