PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts please?

Aspen and Misty
05-08-2006, 09:57 PM
I am currently employed at my local Petsmart in the Petshotel. I love it there. Everything about the dogs, the work and the people is great. I would have never even considered leaving my job, until now.

I was at my vet with a very sick Jaxom (rabbit) he had a stomach blockage and was no longer eating. This is a very big deal in rabbits and he needed emergency care. Unfortunately I did not have a rabbit vet so I had to go to a new one. It's called Loving Hands Animal Hospital and it's wonderful. We went for the first time or Friday and then again on Saturday. During our Saturday visit my vet asked me if I was in high school or college (high school) what year I was in (Junior) and what I was doing over the summer (working at Petsmart). She then asked me if I would be interested in a Vet Tech position. I told her I was not certified and had no schooling and she said they would teach me! I have my first interview tomorrow at 4:00.

Can anyone spare some good thoughts for me? I really would LOVE to land this job! I have always considered being a vet tech but didn’t' know if I would like it or not. This is the perfect opportunity for me to find out while I'm still young and before I spend tons of time and money on schooling.

I'm so exited!

Ashley

rg_girlca
05-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Sending good thoughts and prayers that you land this job. It sounds ideal for you.

Good luck. Fingers, toes and paws crossed that you get it.

Laura's Babies
05-08-2006, 10:38 PM
WOW! That was easy... You will do fine tomorrow so don't you worry!

Karen
05-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Absolutely, we'll be pulling for you! Is Jaxom okay?

jenluckenbach
05-09-2006, 05:42 AM
What a wonderful opportunity!!! You will definitely be in my thoughts!

ChrisH
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Oh, Ash, that sounds ideal for you!! Fingers crossed and Good Luck!

Aspen and Misty
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks everyone! Today is the day, I'm very exited! I'm glad I got an iterview the next day, I don't think I would be able to wait any longer, LOL!

Karen - My baby boy is coming home today, happy, healthy and eating. It's hard to imagine that just two days ago we weren't sure if he would make it or not, from what I understand he is causing a big stir at the vet office jumping around, tipping his food and ringing his bells. I can't begin to explain how happy and relieved I am. I just can't wait to hold and kiss him again.

Ashley

moosmom
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Boy Ashley, talk about being in the right place at the right time!!! I wish you luck in the interview. Knock 'em dead, girl!!

CagneyDog
05-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Good luck at the interview! What an amazing oppurtunity.

ramanth
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Good luck!

Muddy4paws
05-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Sounds like someones looking out for ya! I came across my job like that and I LOVE it, Hopefully you will enjoy it tomorrow and dont worry! just remember to ask questions if you are confused or anything, I was told part of the reason I got my job was because of my enthusiasm with the animals and because I didnt just stand about, I was asking questions and basically making the most of the days experience :) Good luck!!

Karen
05-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Double good news - a healthy Jaxom (whew! stomach blockage can be literally deadly for bunnies, for those don't know - bunnies cannot throw up) and a quick interview - at which we are sure you will SHINE today!

JenBKR
05-09-2006, 12:54 PM
oh my gosh, talk about being in the right place at the right time! Lots of luck to you!!

Zippy
05-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Sending good thoughts that you will get the job. :) :)

Aspen and Misty
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Karen - My baby boy is home. I cried when I saw him :o I was just so happy to have him back in my arms. I can't imagine not strokeing his soft fur, kissing his adorable head or giving him head scratchies. I am so happy to have him home again where he belongs.

The down side to living in Atlanta? Horrible accidents. There was one on my way to the interview today! I had to call and cancel :( I'm glad I called early to cancel cause I would have been a half hour late for the interview. Instead I was ten minutes early to pick Jaxom up! I did get to talk to the head Vet Tech and give her my resume. She said that she will give me a call and reschedule and that she knows how horrible traffic and accidents can be. ::sigh:: Better luck next time? Hopefully.

Ashley

Karen
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Absolutely! Better luck with the rescheduled meet, and enjoy your snuggletime with Jaxom! Give him a raisin for me, okay? (Just don't tell Miss Hoppy).

Pawsitive Thinking
05-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Hope it works out for you second time - welcome home Jaxom