PDA

View Full Version : Door Dash!

catnapper
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Ash went to put Nicki out tonight and Pouncer DASHED out the door! :eek: He nearly ran out to the street then disappeared. We could NOT find him... then once we finally spotted him, he ran again and hid. He would not return and Ash actually dashed under a bush to get him. She hurt her stomach in the process (NOT GOOD!) and I told her to ignore him if he's that mad because I can't have her hurt or bitten.... we'd get him in with food or something.

He's now in and growling at us. What on EARTH?!?! :eek:

One taste of freedom the other night and now my scaredy cat is a door dasher? We live so very close to a busy street.... he'd be smooshed in half a second if he ran into the road. I don't think I could live if ever that happened.... and since Ash saw him running, she started crying because she also knows that even at 9:30 at night that he'd be in serious trouble of being hit.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-08-2006, 08:47 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Naw-tee, naw-tee Pouncer!!!

I guess the only good news about this is that the house now knows he's turned into a door dasher so they will all be more aware when they open doors. I know how easy it is to get complacent when you don't have door dashers because I'm guilty of it myself.

Whew! Naw-tee Pouncer!!!

rg_girlca
05-08-2006, 10:03 PM
POUNCER!!!!!!!!!! BAD, BAD, BAD BOY!!!!!!

I really didn't think he would do that again being so scared the first time and Pouncer, don't you dare say that the "DUCK" made you do it. You can't blame it on him this time. :mad:

I'm glad he got back in the house safe and sound. Looks like you are going to have to keep a squirt bottle or something noisy that you can throw before you can get out the door.

Is Ash okay, Kim?

Laura's Babies
05-08-2006, 10:32 PM
How many of his 9 lives has he used up already? :eek:

POUNCER! STOP THAT! Will you PLEASE grow up and learn the THINK things through before you act on those foolish impluses!!

jenluckenbach
05-09-2006, 05:50 AM
POUNCER !!! You STOP that !!! :mad: *shakes finger*

But Kim, you have the PERFECT house to prevent door dashing, with just a little training all the hoomins can be taught what to do. You have an outside door and an inside door divided by your mud room. You guys are all going to have to learn to close the kitchen door BEFORE opening the outside door. A pain in the butt?? YES, but 100% worth the effort.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-09-2006, 06:05 AM
What a boy!! Don't do that again Pouncer, the outside world is far to dangerous for a boy like you!! :eek:

catnapper
05-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Jen, you are so right! I am guilty of that too. I am so lazy from being used to NOT having door dashers that I typically leave the door open if I'm doing short things outside like taking out the trash. LAst night, hubby came home and as he pulled in the driveway, I stood in the open doorway to welcome him home.... just as Ash ran into the kitchen to remind me to SHUT THE DOOR!

Duh Kim! :o

Laura, I had a very similar talk with him last night and again t his morning. I told him he gets anything he wants -- open windows, a crib, special food.... why does he need the great outdoors all of the sudden? They're not so great. I doubt my lecture did anything to change his mind

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
You have an outside door and an inside door divided by your mud room. You guys are all going to have to learn to close the kitchen door BEFORE opening the outside door.
Aaaahhh....the decompression zone. We have one of those too. ;) The good news is it works like a charm! :)

sasvermont
05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
:rolleyes: All four of my cats "rush" the doors as I open and close them! I start yelling as I approach the doors - just in case they dare to get near. Lucy is the escape artist, followed by JuniRose.

CATS!

Donnaj4962
05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh POUNCER.... you must stop trying to get outside! There is so much danger! You must stay in the house. Your meowmie and other housemates love you so much that they want you to be safe! PLEASE!!!! Stay inside where it is safe you silly little man!

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-09-2006, 04:55 PM
BAD BAD BOY!

Pouncer your going to scare your family to death!
Im sure it is just the nice weather and the fact that he has got a taste of it the other day!
It is so hard though, Caramel will sneak out if you leave the door open for 2 secondes and he worms through our legs! He's always at the door when he hears someone in the garage! He sometimes gets out there but then he is stuck there and we get him back in :o He hates that lol!

catmandu
05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I acn see that Pouncer Angel is going to have to show Pouncer the Feline Equivelent of Red Asphalt where Careless Kitties are now Road Kill.
Its scary but sometimes these Little Ones need to wake up.