PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Cannon ZoomBrowser EX?

momcat
05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey there, PT friends! I'm STILL trying to get some pictures of Groucho posted on PT with no success. :mad: In fact, I am now convinced I'm the official PT "Village Idiot"! Groucho's pictures are on ZoomBrowser and I followed the prompts step by step. For some reason, I can't get them over to PT. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Our computer has Windows XP. I've tried both "Export" and "Internet- email". Thanks!

RedHedd
05-08-2006, 06:46 PM
You will have to upload your pictures to an image hosting service like Photobucket or Imagestation to post them here on PT. Photobucket is free; Imagestation is $9.99 a year.

The Canon Zoombrowser is merely an app to help you download the pics from your camera and save them on your computer. Personally, I hate the app as it puts each pic in its own little folder based on what date I took the pic. It's very frustrating.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
You will have to upload your pictures to an image hosting service like Photobucket or Imagestation to post them here on PT. Photobucket is free; Imagestation is $9.99 a year.

The Canon Zoombrowser is merely an app to help you download the pics from your camera and save them on your computer. Personally, I hate the app as it puts each pic in its own little folder based on what date I took the pic. It's very frustrating.

I use Zoombrowser also, and I like it because.....it puts all the pics in folders based on the date the picture was taken. ;) You can change that you know, Georgia. After you've selected the pics to be downloaded, it comes up with a screen that asks you where you want to save the pics, and how you want to save them. You can start a new folder for each new date or not. I know most times we get so used to apps that we don't really look at what they're telling us, but if you look close at that screen next time, you'll see that you can file it in different ways if you like.

Momcat, if you want the pics to show up in the dialog of the thread, you need to follow what Redhedd said about uploading them to an image hosting service. I'm a longtime Imagestation customer, which I'm thinking is maybe why I still get it for free?

However, if you just want to add pics to a post and don't care about putting them in the body of your message, when you're writing the message, click on the button that says "manage attachments" which is in the box below the "submit reply button. Then you can browse to the pic on your computer and upload them that way. The pics will show up as thumbnails at the bottom of your post, and we will have to click on them to make them bigger, but at least we'll be able to see them. ;)

Good luck and let us know if you're still have troubles. As you can see, we all love pics here at PT, and we're happy to help you get them to us. ;)