PDA

View Full Version : It's the weekend. Let's PARTY!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Ok, It's the WEEKEND!!! YAY!!
Let's have a cyber party. You must bring at least one item to share with people and one to share with critters of your choice. At this party ALL animals will get along with each other. I'll bring catnip for the cats and chips and dip for the humans. If you bring music, what kind? I'd bring rock and roll! What will you bring?:D

gini
05-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Well, I could bring cat litter for all of the kitties and maybe cameras for the humans.......we gotta get this on film!

AmberLee
05-04-2002, 08:14 PM
Let's see ... Music's an easy choice. Jazz by the Neely's Royal Society Jazz Orchestra.

People snackies -- some chips and some 7-layer dip, anyone?

Critter snackies -- tuna snackies and maybe some of those little plush pillows in case anyone suddenly needs a cat nap or is suddenly dog tired.

What fun. Where are we meeting? Town Hall in PetTalkville???

lbaker
05-04-2002, 08:21 PM
LITTLE FEET and Greatful Dead.... and just to be "current" :rolleyes: Red Hot Chili Peppers...(sp?) OH, and for all the ladies.... Dixie Chicks :D oh, food...um, special brownies :cool: Laurie oh, and leaning dogs TOWN HALL AT PETALKVILLE IT IS !!! Remember PetTalkVille? See ya there

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2002, 09:51 PM
I will bring my Chocalate Kahula cake for the people, "magic liver cookies" for the animals and Garth Brooks for some music!

sammi
05-04-2002, 10:38 PM
How about some Rolling Stones & Elvis! For the pets I will bring People Crackers and for the humans some of Spencers Chicks Chicken (something like that).:D

Stay tuned for "Tales from Texas" coming soon! Right guys??????

LoudLou
05-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Music: incubus, Kid Rock, Morris Day and The Time.

Fur-kid treats: Salmon Crunchies for the Kitties and Puptarts!

Hooman Treats: Rice Krispie Treats and a Deli Tray.

Ok.... I am ready........UH, Oh how do I get to PetTalkville???

zippy-kat
05-04-2002, 11:08 PM
I don't know about u guyz, but I'm starvin'--I'm bringing you guys some Mexican food: cheese enchiladas, salad, & sopapillas (also known as "sophie"-pillas in our house ;) )

Sophie sez she'll bring some parsley but no garuntees that she'll share :rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-05-2002, 12:36 AM
For the peoples......... some of my chicken pasta (YUMMY)
For the music............. DJ MICRO, AK1200,
For the furrkids.......... MY VERY OWN TWO HANDS SO I CAN PET EM, MY VERY OWN TWO LIPS SO I CAN KISS EM, MY VERY OWN TWO ARMS SO I CAN HUG EM, and some treats so they won't mind me smotherin em!!!!:D ;) :D

wolflady
05-05-2002, 01:07 AM
LOL LOL I'm getting hungry just reading the list of all the tasty people foods all ya'll are bringing! No doubt marius would enjoy those snackies too....
Hmmmm....I would have to bring my fabulous artichoke/cheese dip with crusty sourdough bread and a bottle of wine for the peoples...
For the kitties, some fresh 'nip' and what about the pupsers?? How about 'beggin' strips'....after all, they can't tell it's not bacon! HA!
Pettalkville...here we come!!!! :D :D :D :D

Former User
05-05-2002, 03:48 AM
I'll bring some cuteness in the form of Casper and Kitty, and for the humans, the best French fries of the world!

And some mice too, Casper and kitty asked me to add... :rolleyes:

Gio
05-05-2002, 05:03 AM
I'll bring some drinks, a selection of cheeses and some nice warm snacks I really have in the oven right now. My sister and boyfriend are supposed to come round for Sunday lunch and instead of cooking here I am on Pet Talk. I almost forgot I seen what treats I can bring for the pets... but I sure know what I'll bring for Sophie :p ... a huge bunch of Italian parsley!

Hey but these are my first weekend posts. Yes I'm finally hooked up YIPPIE :D :D :D . I better go and do some cooking though :(

delidog
05-05-2002, 05:18 AM
did somebody say "DELI TREATS???????"
would they be for the DELI DOG?????
she wants to know!!!!!

lynnestankard
05-05-2002, 05:19 AM
I suppose I'd better bring the Fish and Chips from England eh?!!
Music - well sorry I'd be with Amy and bring Garth Brooks!! Oh but I could be English again(!!) and bring Beatles Records.
And couple of bottles of wine too.
How about lots of kitty toys (with all these treats our furbabies are gonna put serious weight on!!)
And lots of Rasks for the Dawgies!!
ON MY WAY.............................

Lynne

delidog
05-05-2002, 05:21 AM
lynn,
be a good limey...bring some STONES!!!!!bring THE WHO!!!!bring the KINKS!!!!
p.s.
where is stockport????
i am from norfolk,kingslynn...are you far???

lbaker
05-05-2002, 07:20 AM
Sammi! Good to hear from you ;) Just what was that Chicken stuff :confused: That chicken that couldn't spell ;) Chik something... don't worry, we'll get Spencer to bring it :D Since I'm coming from the Chesapeake Bay area I'll bring some Blue Crabs too and we can have a crab/beer/corn on the cob picnic :cool: listen to great music and get silly all over again :D GREAT IDEAS EVERYONE Laurie. see ya at PetTalkVille

p.s. the cats will love the crab guts and dogs are facinated by walking sideways crabbies

Cincy'sMom
05-05-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
How about lots of kitty toys (with all these treats our furbabies are gonna put serious weight on!!)
And lots of Rasks for the Dawgies!!
ON MY WAY.............................

Lynne

Although the furkids, will enjoy the treats, I think a lot of them will be too excited to meet all the other animals and be to busy playing chase and running off too much of what they eat to worry about weight gain :) I think maybe we are going to need lots of balls and frisbees....

05-05-2002, 08:23 AM
I will bring tons of mice !!! Sydney will teach the other cats what you can do with those !!!!!
And of course everybody , do not forget the cushion of your cat and ...... a brush to get rid of all that sticky furr .....
How about a couple of laser-lights ??? Fun garanteed !!!

Randi
05-05-2002, 09:11 AM
I'll bring some crunchie sticks for cats and dogs and I 'll go fishing to bring a few whole raw cods as well - and a bunch of parsley for the bunnies.

For the people I'll bring some bottles of vine, Espanola olives with anchoves. And for dessert, my homemade chocolade truffles I usually make for x-mas.

And for music, I'll bring Alvin Lee in person!! How about that?!

WHAT A PARTY! :D

delidog
05-05-2002, 09:17 AM
is alvin residing in denmark now????? yes, i do still own a space in time...and one of my all time favorites...on the road to freedom..with mylon lefevre.....would love to know what mr. lee is up to these days!!!!

Randi
05-05-2002, 09:50 AM
He's living in Spain - loves the sun and relaxed ambiance. He is still doing a gig every now and then, and was in Copenhagen to play recently. That was fun! :D

This is his website: www.alvinlee.com

I think "Pure Blues" is really good! ;)

zippy-kat
05-05-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Sammi! Good to hear from you ;) Just what was that Chicken stuff :confused: That chicken that couldn't spell ;) Chik something...

Chik-Fil-A :D

zippy-kat
05-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Gio
but I sure know what I'll bring for Sophie :p ... a huge bunch of Italian parsley!

Deer Miz Gio,

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/malelovies.gifI luvz u!http://www.plauder-smilies.de/malelovies.gif

Luv,
Sophie Bunnie

zippy-kat
05-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
... don't worry, we'll get Spencer to bring it...

Behind the scenes at Chick-Fil-A ;)

sammi
05-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Yup, thats us getten chicken (southern chicken that is)

On another note check this out. http://alpha.ciesin.org/users/bourdeau/Clock-Calendar.html

anna_66
05-05-2002, 06:45 PM
hey, don't leave me behind! I'm coming too!
Let's see, what ever shall I bring? Maby some homemade chocolate chip cookies for the humans,
and for the pupsters, alot of tennis balls, and some homemade doggie cookies (they like cookies too!)
See you all there!

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by delidog
lynn,
be a good limey...bring some STONES!!!!!bring THE WHO!!!!bring the KINKS!!!!
p.s.
where is stockport????
i am from norfolk,kingslynn...are you far???

Hi Delidog - Stockport is just south of Manchester - you know the town with two footie teams!!!!! But still quite a run from Kings Lynn. I used to have friends stationed at RAF Marham (long since moved) but spent some lovely holidays with them visiting Kings Lynn, Cromer, Great Yarmouth etc etc. Do you ever go home?

Lynne

delidog
05-08-2002, 04:20 AM
though i still call it home...(still a u.k. citizen!!!) i haven't been in awhile....when i visit...i usually go to london...my dad was staioned in kingslynn when i was born...but guess who lived underneath us???? freddy forsythe...i think that he is in ireland now...(where all artists and writers went when the taxes changed in eng.)
my dad ended up living in beckinham,kent....i also have lived in holland park,(by portabello rd.),
bookham,surrey(my favorite!!!horse country!!)
barnes...still have family there
oxford...had little cottage there...very pretty(more horse country!!)
n. harrow....
my grandparents are from the isle of wight...ventnor...still there.
my brother lives in southampton.....
always good to chat with a fellow limey!!!!(hope that term does not offend you, it is meant in good fun!!)

lynnestankard
05-08-2002, 04:41 AM
LOL! Delidog - 'limey' taken in the spirit it was offered!!!:D :D
Haven't you moved around some - are your roots finally planted? Or planning more moves?:eek:
Last I heard Frederic Forsythe was in Ireland. Wouldn't blame him for staying there - beautiful country.

Lynne

delidog
05-08-2002, 06:23 AM
yes, lynn...have moved alot...mum ran reservations for TWA when it was in N.Y.....FREE AIRLINE TICKETS!!!!!...that was the only fringe benefit...but since,we were here and all of our family was there......it was the thing to do....i would spend the 3 month summers there when i was in school....sometimes i stayed a year at a time and attended school there...really liked that!!!!
yes, i am sure that freddy is still in ireland...it is beautiful there....went riding there when i was a kid...later worked with the riders, eddie macken,cap't. gerry mullins....great people and riders...

my dad was stationed at a place called sculthorpe....i know he was in u.s. air force in florida....before i was born...don't know if that is a R.A.F. base or U.S.
he was from Wales before moving to ventnor...
i would love to show my fiancee england....he is of frence background...he'd be fascinated....
i also got to live in France,Spain and Holland when i was a kid...due to the TWA, family thing...

now i am very happy having roots and owning my own home...no more flats!!!!!
in BEAUTIFUL,SUNNY,FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!
people from england love it here!!!! they,ve never seen sun like this!!!!! 350 days a year!!!!!!!!!

Randi
05-08-2002, 06:49 AM
delidog! What an interesting life you've had (still have I presume!) I didn't know you were british. My husband has kept his british passport as well. He was born in Maidenhead. We visit his sister about once a year, she now lives in Standlake - a little village outside Oxford. A really beautiful area! And the Cotswolds of course!! Funny, they also lived in Bookham for a while. I can certainly understand that you enjoy sunny Florida, but the English countryside has a special quality. - Ohh, I'm getting in the traveling mood! :D

delidog
05-08-2002, 08:00 AM
Randi,
how neat!!!!!!
where in bookham did his family live????
i lived on old rectory lane...(there can't be two of them)
the people i lived with there were nigel and arlette mendez da costa.....he was an antique dealer...i think that he died about 10 years ago...he was only 52 when he died...arlette still lives in hammersmith,barnes...with samara their adopted daughter...
we had a fabulous house there...lots of acres....horses,dogs,cats..chickens....
you are right...the english countryside has more than a special quality...probably why i love reading james herriot books....he writes such beautiful descriptions of the animals,the people and the countryside...also Richard Llewellen....though he was welsh...same magical countryside....
though thinking about it also puts me in a travelling mood...i do not miss the weather!!!! I CAN REMEMBER SWIMMING AT AN OUTDOOR POOL IN LONDON BECAUSE IT WAS 62 DEGREE!!!!
now i say bbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! cold!!!!!!!!!!

theres' so much to see here(though virtually NO history!!)we are 1 hour from miami,disney,ocala national forest..2 hours from the keys!!!! i love doing anything out of doors!!!! so its' nice to go outside year round!!!!!!

hey do you remember gollywogs and girlywogs???remember that jam????? we had when i was a kid....we all had the little dolls back then....never came to the states..
uh oh...going down memory lane again

lynnestankard
05-08-2002, 02:12 PM
Sure do remember the gollywogs on Robertson's jam, Delidog!!
There was a bit of upset over here some time ago - 'cos someone decided they were racist!!! But they've appeared again.:)

Lynne

delidog
05-08-2002, 10:15 PM
hey we have to be careful lynn and randi...by admitting to knowing the jam,golliwog thing....we are dating ourselves!!!!!!!!!

and randi...you wonder why i am such a huge alvin lee fan?!?!?!
love the website by the way!!!!
saw t.y.a. open for jethro tull at radio city once in n.y....perhaps 73?????i remember the concert...not the year!!!!!!!!

Kfamr
05-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Behind the scenes at Chick-Fil-A ;)

LOL!!! That could be my moms friend (mom works at chickfila) Except shes black!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Thats hilarious.