PDA

View Full Version : Update on the 'Moody Blue' saga

AmberLee
05-04-2002, 01:48 PM
Moody Blue's mom just stopped by and gave me a bouquet of flowers to thank me for bringing him home to her. I'm stunned! She also had learned more about his adventure and filled me in on that.

Her daughter had left Moody sunning himself on their balcony when she left for work shortly before noon. Apparently he couldn't get back in the apartment and dropped roughly 12 - 15 feet - balcony railing to shrubs or ground level. (Here in the US we call their floor the second floor, one up from the ground floor. In the UK it would be called the first floor. Not sure what it's called elsewhere.) When the neighbor got home at about 6:30, due to her headache she didn't count noses... Whew!! I'd pictured him sneaking out the door when she came in. That's quite a drop for a little guy.

Ironically, for those of you here last fall when I had the panic when Cassy ate the Dianthus (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=5886&highlight=dianthus+AND+cassy) blossom, her bouquet is ... dianthus! These are the white ones with the fuchia tips varigating down the petals. Very lovely with a sweet spicy scent that's a little like cinnamon. Both fur-babies have sniffed it over thoroughly under strict observation and no-one's tried to munch a blossom. Maybe I can start having cut flowers in my home again: I've missed them.

gini
05-04-2002, 07:03 PM
What a nice thing for her to do. You deserve that bouquet!

lizbud
05-04-2002, 08:13 PM
AH,,,,,,that's so nice of her to do that. Sounds like
Moody Blue is a very much loved kitty and his person
is a lover of animals, just like you. You deserve the
bouquet !!!:D

Gio
05-06-2002, 06:28 AM
What a nice gesture :)

Logan
05-06-2002, 07:28 AM
That makes it official, Amber, you definitely performed a great rescue service! That was very sweet of your neighbor to thank you that way!! :D

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 08:55 AM
What a sweet lady she sounds AmberLee - you've definately made a new friend there I'll bet!

Good luck in keeping the bouquet WHOLE and un-nibbled!!!!!

Lynne

AmberLee
05-07-2002, 09:20 AM
Yes, she's a delight. I'll tell her about PT if we ever meet and are not both rushing about madly. I think you'd all enjoy a photo of little Moody Blue.

I have the bouquet in the kitchen. Cassy has taken on the unnerving habit of perching behind it and sniffing and sniffing. :rolleyes: :eek:

Well, I love the scent of it, too. Just wish I could really believe he's not interested in nibbling where his nose leads him.