PDA

View Full Version : warning, golden lovers!

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2002, 10:29 AM
Look at these beautiful Goldens that are at Planned Pethood (a no-kill shelter) Owner gave them away because they "no longer had any use for them" I can't even imagine giving these beauties up!

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Golden2.JPG

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Golden1.JPG

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Golden3.JPG

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Golden4.JPG

Corinna
05-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Excuse me no use for them? What did these people think they were for? What absoulte beauties!!!!!! Bet they aren't there long. We have 3 in our neighbor hood.

Logan
05-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Oh dear........having just spent a morning volunteering for Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, I have to tell you that I sincerely don't understand what happens to people! They are beautiful!!!

We had a table set up for National Adoption Day at Petsmart, and several people asked us why there was a need for Golden Retriever Rescue. We wish there weren't. :( But they saw some of the dogs in rescue, plus a couple who had been adopted by rescuers. Now there are a few more people who have been educated about the terrible plight of so many unwanted dogs.

Thank you for sharing these Golden beauties......makes my heart hurt to know that they were "no longer needed" :( but I also know that they will find the loving homes they deserve so much.

:) Logan

Albea
05-04-2002, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Owner gave them away because they "no longer had any use for them"
I heard many absolutely moronic reasons for turning a dog to a shelter but this is a new one.

:mad: :mad: :mad:What were they going to do to "use" the dogs? :confused: It makes me so mad I could scream. People like that should be banned from ever having a pet again.
I hope those two beautiful pups find a forever home soon and together.

lizbud
05-04-2002, 02:31 PM
What Beautiful dogs, but they look so sad & confused.

I'm glad they are in a no-kill shelter, where they will have
a chance to find loving, caring people to adopt them.
As for the 'moronic reason' given for giving them up;
maybe it was someone who was thinking of a 'backyard'
breeding set up? :confused: :confused:

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2002, 07:03 PM
Planned pethood had an adoption event today at a local mall and my mom stopped in, specifically to see the goldens. Only one was there and it was pretty shy. Foster mom said the poor thing had been in a crate all of her 2 years!!! No wonder she was shy!!!
I just checked their website and it has been updated since the event and all the golden pictures have been taken down...I think they all found homes today!!! A few other cuties pcitures have been taken down also...it looks like they had a very successful adoption day!!

My mom found another dog she likes. A whippet/shepard mix. She said she may bring Dazzi up tomorrow to see how they get along. She is just not sure if she can handle three dogs, esp. with Oreo not being the most dog friendly dog out there...Here is Katie:
http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Katie2.JPG

lizbud
05-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Cincy'sMom,

Katie is ADORABLE !!!:D :D A 'keeper' for sure.:)

LoudLou
05-05-2002, 02:44 AM
From one Katie to another....You're the greatest, with the most zest, but it's your name I like the best!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok very corny but SHE is an adorable pup....wish I were that cute.

Former User
05-05-2002, 03:38 AM
Aw, they are all adorable. I love goldens, and that's our future dog (when we have our own house and enough room).
I can't understand what kind of an excuse it is that they don't have a use anymore? I just don't get it! I hope they will be adopted soon, keeping fingers crossed!:)

delidog
05-05-2002, 04:57 AM
oh they are beautiful...being a volunteer at a shelter...i hate to tell you the stories that i have heard...but hopefully they have been adopted!!!!!!!!
the one has a face very similar to Corinna!!!!

tatsxxx11
05-05-2002, 07:52 PM
What beautiful pups...How cruel the world can be. And then there are people and groups like Planned Pethood! Bless you furry ones. You are all precious!! Love that great big smile Katie girl!!!:)

Gio
05-06-2002, 05:51 AM
Owner gave them away because they "no longer had any use for them"

Better not comment on this one...:mad: Some people are just of no use on this earth.

Dixieland Dancer
05-06-2002, 10:26 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: This makes my blood boil! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't see the pictures and I'm glad I can't. It would break my heart. I am with Alicia, what were they planning on using the dogs for that suddenly they have NO USE for them any longer?

Those of you who volunteer time at shelters, I have a deep respect for you. I could not handle it! I would want to tell all these a--holes off. Sorry, I do not usually swear but I could not think of a better word for these kind of people!

Cincy'sMom
05-06-2002, 04:14 PM
The pics went away because they are no longer on the website...there were adoption events at two different sites both saturday and Sunday, so I am hoping for the best :)

lizbud
05-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Cincy'sMom,

Do you think you could find out somehow if these two
dogs are in re-hab or foster care right now? I know if
they are in a good no-kill shelter, they will get the help
they need & have the best chance for later adoption
into GOOD forever homes.

Candy, I'm kind of glad you didn't see the pics, their
eyes still haunt me, There was no "light" or "hope" in
them.:(

Cincy'sMom
05-06-2002, 08:20 PM
There were actually four different dogs there, andon eof the pics is now up alone. I will call tomorrow and see what they say about this one and where the other 3 went. here is Jordy, the one left. he is a 1 yr. old 70 lb male:

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Jordy.JPG

And here isa little about planned pethood, from their website:
Planned Pethood, Inc. is a unique "no-kill" animal organization. Our organization saves as many dogs and cats as possible from local humane societies, dog pounds and animals from rescue situations. We save these animals by fostering at loving homes. If foster homes are not available, we pay to house many animals in local pet shelters.

Dixieland Dancer
05-07-2002, 09:27 AM
What a beautiful boy! I pray he finds a home soon. I would think it shouldn't be too hard since he looks like a big lovable baby!

Logan
05-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Don't you just want to give him a huge hug and kiss?? Something tells me that he will find "home" in no time. :)

Cincy'sMom
05-08-2002, 09:52 PM
I emailed planned pethood today and got a response, that all 4 goldens have gone to good homes!!!

lizbud
05-08-2002, 10:02 PM
HIP HIP HOORAY !!!

I am thrilled to hear this good news... I'd love to see
those first two Goldens with a big ole smile on their
faces. Thanks so much for the update. Liz & Buddie.

sadie-baby
05-09-2002, 05:18 PM
i cant see the pics

Dixieland Dancer
05-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I emailed planned pethood today and got a response, that all 4 goldens have gone to good homes!!!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Someone else is going to have a GOLDEN day!!!!

Cincy'sMom
05-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by sadie-baby
i cant see the pics

Sorry, you missed the pics. The reason though is good...the dogs have been adopted and are off of the website as available pets!!